Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By dngn4774

Chapter 2- Legacy

Grant Wilson Diary Entry Two

It had been nearly a week since the incident at the compound. Aside from the losses of Wintergreen and Slade, I thought I would feel some sense of relief after the Jackal was terminated, but the only feeling I could muster was confusion. What really happened at that resort twenty years ago? Was he really just using me all of this time? If so, why go through the trouble to save me? Each time I found an answer it seemed to lead to even greater mysteries. Regardless of previous hatred for the Jackal, Walsh was right about one thing: he wouldn’t be the only person who was after Deathstroke. There were other boogeyman lurking in the shadows, I just had to remind them why they were afraid to step into the light, but for that I would need some help…

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Soon after the funeral of William Randolph Wintergreen had concluded, Alex Peabody had returned to his flat. Though he took his mother’s maiden name, Alex was Wintergreen’s son and the last remaining relative to the deceased. Despite his father’s disapproval, Peabody made a career in the death industry, primarily as an illegal arms dealer.

He walked to the door and twisted the key while simultaneously resuming a chat on his mobile. “Look Sarah I know you concerned, but I swear I’m fine. Just keep the kids at your place this weekend and I’ll pick them up next time.” He walked down the hallway to flicking on the lights, then placed his suit jacket on the coat rack. “I already told you that I’ll be okay. Alright, bye!”

Peabody sat down on his bed and instinctively checked for a remote until his television turned on to a news program.

No Caption Provided

“Police units are still looking into last week’s catastrophic explosion in Star City. California has been placed in a state of emergency, though it is unsure if this was a deliberate act of terror. Authorities are still unsure whether the bombers had been working as an independent cell or if there is an affiliation to larger terrorist cells. The attack resulted in over 50 casualties, many of whom where government employees. Witnesses describe two men entering the tower investigation and only one is believed to have escaped. Interpol has released a physical description of the prime suspect. If you see anyone who resembles this man, please contact your local authorities. This man is believed to be armed and dangerous”--

The tv was cut off as a robotic voice interjected. “They say any publicity is good publicity, but I think I’m becoming too popular. Wouldn’t you agree?”

Peabody flinched in shock. “Slade!”

“Guess again.” Grant replied, taking off his mask.

“What do you want with me Grant?”

“To find the men the people that killed our fathers. You may be the only person I know who has more daddy issues than me, but I think it’s safe to agree that if someone is hunting Slade’s associates, your door isn’t very far down that list. Deathstroke is as much the man behind the mask as it is voice in the headphones, and as much as it kills my ego to say this, I can’t do this alone.”

No Caption Provided

Peabody pondered thoughts for a moment. “What do I get out of this?”

“Well aside from not being murdered violently, a 50/50 split on all contracts.”

Alex nodded. “We only go with the contracts I choose and no kids.” Peabody extended an open hand.

“You have my word.” Grant said, shaking his new partner’s hand.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

S.H.A.D.E. Headquarters

Members of the Superhuman Advanced Defense Executive gathered around a table reviewing the Star City Catastrophe. At the head of the table was Father Time, the leader of SHADE, followed by Dr. Florence Young, Sonia Sato, and General Wade Eiling. Together they formed the braintrust behind each of SHADE’s facets.

No Caption Provided

“What do we have on this?” Father Time asked.

Sato began the briefing. “So far we know that the tower was a blacksite and that Agent Walsh was the primary target. William Walsh was working deep cover under the alias “the Jackal” to identify key members of a criminal network known only as the HIVE. Shortly after his cover was pulled, he was prepared to deliver a statement that evening on the current leadership of HIVE. The first assassin (Grant Wilson, Codename: Ravager) entered the building at approximately 9:27 pm, triggering the alarm system briefly before a first explosion destroyed the power lines to the bottom half of the building. Calls for air evac were made from the tower, but the plane was shot down ten minutes later. At that point a second assassin (Slade Wilson, Codename: Deathstroke) breached the tower through a zipline cable to the roof. Judging by satellite footage, Walsh was pronounced dead at 9:40 pm. Both targets appeared to be fighting one another before two hellfire missiles were launched at the tower. That’s when everything was completely leveled.”

No Caption Provided

“Where did these missiles come from?”

“A UACV was hacked off of an airbase in Coast City. It was already in Star City before the base reported it stolen.” The General responded.

“And the status of the suspects?”

“It’s still unclear,” Doctor Young reported. The DNA recovered from the roof contained traces of the Mirakuru serum. We’re assuming that Grant managed to escape the missile attack just before the tower was destroyed.”

“Sir, there was also a dispatch call after the tower explosion, for the murder/robbery of a William Randolph Wintergreen. Wintergreen was a member of Deathstroke’s entourage, and one of Slade’s oldest friends. If he’s dead it could mean that either the Grant is eliminating anyone who can identify his whereabouts.”

“Search the the apartment, for anything you can find and keep gathering as much intel as you can on this Grant Wilson.” Father Time ordered.

“Yes sir!” She said as she left the table.

Before Sato left, Father Time spoke again. “Oh and Sonia, call in the Big Guy. We haven’t used him in awhile.”

“Of course, sir.”

“We still have another problem to deal with. What are we going to do about the HIVE?” Eiling asked.

“Patience General, each of our enemies will fall…all in good time.” The Head of SHADE concluded.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Elsewhere…

Grant and Alex had driven to a port in near Leeds to acquire one of Peabody’s ships. Alex had frequently smuggled weapons in by water and shared Grant’s natural talent for forging passports. From there they began to sail back to the United States through the Irish Sea. In that time Grant had explained the events of the Star City catastrophe.

In his office, Alex had finished typing on the laptop that Wintergreen had left for him. “Well, I have good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?”

“The bad,” Grant chose, now grinding his teeth.

“It’s going to take some time to decrypt these HIVE files; I’d say a couple of weeks most likely. The good news is that you were right about the publicity thing, seeing your face plastered all over the news actually drummed up a lot of potential clients. The highest bidder is offering a 20 million dollar contract for a political assassination.”

“When and where?”

“Let’s check.” Alex scrolled down the webpage, then smiled. “The target is flying in four days…looks like your heading back to Star City.”

“Take the contract and make the necessary preparations. I’ll be in my chambers.”

To be continued…

Coming soon!!! DC Re-Created’s very first crossover event, starting next issue.

Doomstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweet, love it!

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@dngn4774: Is that a sketch George Perez did for you?

Excellent story, love seeing General Wade Eiling on deck as he's a manipulative son of a spoiler block!

Keep up the good work!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74: Yes, apparently in our universe George Perez works part time at the Star City police station. He's only allow to sketch suspects shoulders-up because he keeps drawing them in Hawaiian shirts. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I really love the pace for this so far, it's really fast but not rushed at all.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love the pace for this so far, it's really fast but not rushed at all.

Yeah my experience with groups have taught me to speed up the pace. Balance is key to good story telling but in Fan-fic groups stagnation=death.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Great job! This is really well-written and I can't wait for Grant to start killing everyone! :)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MakkyD

@dngn4774-Whoah, this is really well-written. Some questions:

1. Has Grant took on the mantle of Deathstroke or is he still known as Ravager?
  2. Was that a reference to Ferris Air?
  3. Just curious, would Grant not be more concerned over HIVE than contracts at the moment?
  4. Crossover Event?
Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@dngn4774: This is a really interesting and well-written (as if they haven't told you already) story. I think I know what the crossover with. If I'm not correct it's Ma Hunkel. I might be wrong though...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Not quite. Here's a hint: two characters are going to cross paths with Grant. One is the big guy that Father time mentioned, the other happens to live in the city that Deathstroke is about to visit.

@maccyd:

1. He took his father's mantle (as seen in the ending of issue 1 when he discovers a deathstroke suit with two eyes). SHADE know that this is Grant from the satelite footage, but everyone else assumes that Deathstroke (Slade Wilson) was responsible for the attack since he has been established as mercenary much longer than his son has.
  2. Indeed it was! Pretty pointless now since Hal Jordan was killed off (Green Lantern #1).
  3. Wintergreen used a high-level encryption to safeguard the laptop's information on the HIVE (in case anyone other than Grant discovered it first). That's also more of a reason why Grant targeted Wintergreen's son as a potential partner.
  4. Me and Tommythehitman where talking about a Green Arrow/Deathstroke crossover. It's going to take place sometime after his first arc and may feature a cameo from Count Vertigo.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@themanintheshoe: Totally lost. Good story but I am in over my head when it comes to characters in DC

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By TommytheHitman

Awesome stuff! I'll get my first arc done as soon as possible.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TommytheHitman
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Do you get it now? What two writers will write a crossover?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah somehow I doubt it

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wow...Grant got a ton of time on his hands. I barley have enough time to tie my shoes

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2