DC Re-Created: Arsenal #2.5

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

So what was Deathstroke doing in Qurac? Well... the scene was so awesome and long that it had to be made its own issue. So here ya go!

Qurac

Grant Wilson frowned as he crouched upon the small building rooftop. He'd been very busy since his mission in Star City, in the past few weeks since his encounter with Green Arrow the message had been made clear.

"Deathstroke always gets his target."

The sun was blazing down over the City like a flashlight blazing over a trail of ants and even Grant had to admit he was uncomfortable beneath all his armor. He peered through his sniper rifle's scope and finally spotted his target in the streets below. He was some kind of rich businessman looking to make a deal with the Qurac Terrorist group known as the Onslaught. A simple mission and Grant was being offered 20 Million in exchange for ending the man's life. However Grant noticed something about him. Three men were surrounding him protectively. This was to be expected. The rich always used others for protection. However none of them were carrying any visible weaponry. It was possible their guns were simply well hidden. However it was possibly they were something else entirely.

Metahumans.

Grant pulled his mask from his face and aimed the scope over the target's head.

"Grant?" A voice asked suddenly causing Grant to lose concentration just as he pulled the trigger. "Grant I've got a mission for y-"

BLAM!

The bullet whizzed over the target's head, hitting a nearby bystander. The target ducked behind one of his guards in surprise as the guard placed his hand on the man's shoulder causing them both to disappear in a puff of smoke. Grant's eye darted around to see the teleporter appear on a nearby roof. The target cowering behind a rooftop garden.

"Goddamn it Peabody!" Grant yelled as he stood up quickly. He aimed at the teleporter and pulled the Rifle's trigger only to notice a flash of red beneath him. Instinctively Grant leaped from the roof as his shot skimmed the teleporter's leg.

KABOOM!

Grant fell towards the streets below as a chunk of the roof exploded behind him. He saw one of the Meta's eyes flash red as they charged another optic blast. Grant landed on the ground and pulled his pistol from its holster. He fired a shot striking the Meta Human directly in the forehead. An optic blast fired from the dead man's eyes as he fell backwards, striking what was left of the building Grant had been standing on just seconds ago. Grant turned to the other Meta as a bolt of lightning fired from his fingers. Grant gritted his teeth as the lightning struck him directly in the chest knocking him to the ground. He took a deep breath before jumping up and sprinting towards the shooter. He ducked another blast and stabbed the man through the heart with a blade connected to his wrist.

"Insulated armor... b!tch." Grant whispered into the meta's ear before tossing his body to the ground. He knew he was supposed to be a professional. However sometimes his anger got the better of him. Swearing made him feel better. He took another deep breath before firing his grapple hook to the rooftop where his target was hiding. He zipped upwards as he heard people from the crowd begin to scream.

"Grant?" Peabody asked. "Are you still alive?"

"Yes I am." Grant muttered as he stabbed his blade through the wounded teleporter's neck. He turned towards the whimpering target before slowly unsheathing his sword.

"I've got a new mission for you." Peabody said. "Are you ready yet?"

"Please... please don't kill me..." The target begged. "I... I'll pay you..."

"I'll just be a minute." Grant muttered as his sword swung forward severing the man's neck from his body. "Tell our client that the target's dead."

"Done. Nice work by the way. Our Client is VERY grateful."

"What's the new job?" Grant asked as 20 Million Dollars entered his account. He wiped the blood from his sword before sheathing it back on his back.

"It's from... a surprising source." Peabody said. "It's right near you actually. Worth 5 Million." Peabody paused.

"Send the Coordinates to my HUD."

"I'll give you something better then that." Peabody said. A moment later a bright blue hologram appeared from Grant's Wrist Device revealing a Chubby woman in a smart business suit.

"Amanda Waller." Grant said calmly. "It's been awhile."

"Grant." Amanda said. "Or are you calling yourself Deathstroke now? I have a job for you... and after the way our last contract went you know this is important." Grant nodded slowly. "Several hours ago two of my best agents were sent into Qurac to halt a Weapons Deal between the HIVE and the Onslaught. One of them is Roy Harper."

Grant smiled. "Ah... memories..." He muttered.

"Both of these men were captured before they could even land... and they're both most likely being tortured."

"So you want me to rescue them and halt the deal?" Grant asked. "I think 5 Million's overpricing it a little."

"The Deal's over and the weapon is currently being prepared in the center of Bialya. I want you to get the Agents out of there and prevent the weapon from being used."

"Still only 5 Million." Grant muttered. "I prefer bigger paychecks then that."

A small smile appeared on Waller's face.

"It's not a paycheck Grant." Amanda said. "It's your salary. I've been looking for this excuse for months. You're one of the deadliest people on the Planet and it's a waste of your talents to be a simple Mercenary. 5 Million for every week that you're with us."

"With you?" Grant frowned.

"With CADMUS." Amanda said. "Grant Wilson. Welcome to the Government."

Grant started to laugh as the hologram disappeared. Below he heard the howl of Police Sirens and he noticed his HUD had generated an electronic arrow over the Onslaught's headquarters.

"CADMUS..." Grant muttered as he stepped onto the rooftop ledge. "Won't my dad be proud..." He said as he leaped down into the streets below.

TO be continued in Arsenal #3!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Thumbs up

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@tommythehitman: Could you one day tell us the origin story of Roy? Like a issue 0?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@waezi2: That's pretty much a given. I seem to love 0 issues for whatever reason.