(DC PrimeU) Justice League Axis issue 3

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikesterman

Part of the DC Prime Multiverse. For more info go here. Click here for Issue 1 and here for Issue 2

If you enjoy this or have any feedback please comment below. (Feed-back is what keeps me going)

No Caption Provided

UN headquarters, 13 months earlier.

"Mr. Lord, We have two objects flying in. One is a black plane (presumably Batman), the other appears to be Superman, what should we do?"

Maxwell Lord was sitting on his desk, with his hands folded. He had no reason to fear Superman, or any other member of the Justice League.

"Let them in. This planet would have been obliterated ten-times over if it weren't for them."

Superman and batman were greeted by a line of the newly formed OWG soldiers. They were saluting and opening the door. Superman landed and Batman got off the jet and sent it flying somewhere else.

They entered Lord's office without a hassle; Lord was still in his desk waiting for them.

"Well, if it isn't the World's Finest. To what pleasure do I owe this visit?"

"Stop what you are doing Lord." Superman came right out and said.

"What is it exactly you want me to stop?" Lord asked.

"This New World Order you have started, with you as the ruler. It isn't right." Batman answered.

"Why is it not?" Lord asked. "The people have voted on this. Every government has gladly joined, and we are on the brink of World Peace. Am I missing the part of this that is wrong?"

"No man should have this much power." Superman said.

"But, what if he knows how to properly use it? Like I said we are at World Peace right now, and it's only going to help this planet flourish."

"Lord listen-"

"Did you know that Albert Einstein, one of the smartest men to have ever lived, theorized that if bees were to go extinct, all life on earth would only have two years left to live? Since then the population of the honeybee has been dwindling drastically. With this new Government, we make sure all of the remaining species on Earth are preserved."

Superman didn't answer. He just let Lord talk.

"Also the ozone layer has been declining for years. My world Government is introducing a new source of Clean Energy. Every bit of damage the human race has caused this planet, will soon be undone." He looked straight at Superman. "And we will thrive, the people will never have to rocket its children to another planet."

Superman's stern face relaxed. He was starting to agree with Lord.

"Thank you for your time Maxwell."

"Superman?" Batman questioned.

"It's okay, let's go." Superman said, and they both walked outside.

"Clark," Batman started, when they were already outside. "You know this isn't a good idea. Power corrupts."

Superman was looking away. "I know power can corrupt Bruce. That's what's wrong with the people in this planet. They are all power hungry. I think Lord is putting a stop to this, and making the Earth a better place."

"You can't be serious." Batman said, looking at Clark's face for any sign that he's kidding. But he wasn't. "Look Clark, we have been friends for as long as we've known each other. If you stand with this, then I'm with you."

Present Day. Arrow Cave 1905 hours.

Batman was thinking about when he said that to Superman. That was before all the unfair arrests, the seized properties, and even the executions that took place. All of which were reinforced by the presence of the Justice League. Now Batman is looking at his new team. All of them were training. When Batman looked at them, he saw potential. He knew he made the right choice with all of them.

Beep! Beep! Beep! An alarm went off in Batman's computer gauntlet. He opened it, and a hologram was floating from his forearm.

"What is it?" Lex asked.

"Cyborg has almost completely decrypted the live feed you sent to them. I have to go stop him." Batman looked at the entire team. "Be ready in case I need you." He then got into the Bat-Plane and took off.

The Watch Tower 2000 hours.

Superman walked into the data room, where Cyborg was working tirelessly on decrypting the feed.

"How's the decrypting going?" Superman asked.

"I'm almost done; I should have it completely decrypted in an hour. After a whole week of this leading me to dead-ends, it will finally be done."

"Good, let me know what you find." Superman said, and then exited the room.

Soon the encryption was nearly at 100 percent. "Come on baby, just a little bit more and boom, all done." Cyborg started rummaging through the data looking for a signature, finally he found it. "Wait a sec, no, it can't be."

Cyborg was about to call Superman when he felt an excruciating shock. He tried to scream out but he couldn't. He looked up and saw Batman behind him, with his hands on a button.

"Sorry Vic, but I can't let the others know about this." Batman said.

"What are you going to do?" Cyborg asked. "Kill me?"

"No, just wipe your mind of this entire memory." Another silent alarm went off in Batman's computer gauntlet. Cyborg was sending a high pitched sonic SOS signal. Only one person could hear that.

Superman sped into the room. "Cyborg what's wrong?"

Cyborg sent him another high pitched sonic signal, this time it said: Batman is behind the recent attacks.

When Superman heard this, he zoomed at Batman and slammed him against a Watch Tower window before Batman could react. The impact made the window crack.

"Why Bruce?" Superman asked. "You said you were with me."

"That was before the unjust laws and regulations set by the OWG. I'm not going to be a part of this. I swear I'm going to take it down, if that means fighting you."

Superman pressed harder on Batman. Batman felt the force tightening on his chest.

"What are you going to do Clark?" Batman asked as he looked into Superman's eyes. "Turn me into the OWG to be executed like you did to Ollie?"

"You don't get to play that card Bruce!" Superman said. "If I remember correctly, you were with us when we took him down."

"What about all those trick arrows he had that were able to momentarily take you each of us? Where do you think he got them?"

Superman's mind wandered to that fateful night.

6 months earlier

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The Watch Tower Alarm went off.

"Someone is attacking an OWG supply depot." Cyborg informed.

"Check the local camera's." Superman ordered.

Cyborg pulled up the cameras and they saw someone in a green hood; he was taking out the cameras one by one.

"It's Green Arrow?" Cyborg said, surprised.

"Oh my God, what is Ollie doing?" Wonder Woman said.

"Alright everybody with me, Lets go over there and try to talk to him, he is still our friend."

Green Arrow was shooting at all the cameras around the storage depot. When the last one was destroyed, he shot an explosive arrow. The entire supply depot was destroyed.

"Another successful sabotage." Green Arrow said to himself.

"Not exactly."

When Green Arrow heard this, he immediately drew back his bow and pointed in the direction of the voice. He saw as Superman and every other member of the League (except Cyborg) was descending down.

"Relax it's just us." Superman said.

"I know it's you, that's why I drew back my bow." Ollie kept his aim at them. "The official OWG super powered police."

"Ollie, just think about what you're doing." Diana said.

"Yeah, seriously Ollie," Superman started. "Are you seriously planning on fighting me off with a bow and arrow?"

Ollie smirked. "Not just me."

Immediately Superman felt a sharp pain in his left shoulder. He looked behind him, and saw a red suited figure wearing a yellow hat. It was Red Arrow. Green Arrow shot superman in the right shoulder almost immediately after. Superman fell on the ground and felt week. The rest of the Leaguers went to Superman to see if he was alright.

"Kryptonite arrows." He grunted.

Immediately, the League went after Oliver and Red Arrow.

"Speedy! Get out of here!" Green Arrow shouted, as he shot a strange looking arrow at Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel caught it, but it sparked and caused him to fall flat on his back. The arrow sparked and let out an electrical current similar to the one that gives Captain Marvel his powers. Captain Marvel turned back into a boy and landed on his back.

Wonder Woman turned and was going to run after Red Arrow, when she received an impact arrow that hit her in the tiara.

"Hey Princess," Green Arrow said. "Eyes on me." He then shot three arrows at Wonder Woman.

Diana blocked them with her bracelets and they landed right under her. Green Arrow pushed a button on his bow, and the arrows exploded under her. The explosion sent her flying back.

Green Arrow was enjoying himself, when he felt something rush past him. He went to grab an arrow but noticed his quiver wasn't behind him. He looked up and saw The Flash with the quiver slung behind his back.

"Looking for this?" he grinned.

"Bad idea, Barry." Green Arrow said. He then pushed a button on his bow.

The arrows in the quiver first shocked him, then they let off a sleeping gas that made The Flash drowsy, then it exploded in his face.

With most of the members momentarily down, Green Arrow made a run for his car. Batman jumped in front of him. He gave Oliver a nod, and Ollie gave him one back. Ollie then gave a spinning kick that Batman didn't bother to dodge. The kick knocked Batman down, and Green Arrow continued running. Batman just watched, hoping he would get away.

Wonder Woman saw this and knew that if Oliver made it to the car, they wouldn't catch him. Especially with Flash unconscious. She crawled her way to Superman and pulled out both arrows. Superman screamed in agony.

"Don't worry Clark." She said. "They are out, cleanly."

Superman gingerly got on his feet, and then he speedily flew after the Emerald Archer.

Ollie was only a step away from his car, when he saw two red lasers hit it. The car exploded in his face. The force of the explosion sent him flying back. He hit something hard behind him. It was Superman.

Superman grabbed Green Arrow, and smashed him against a concrete wall. The force left a crater in the wall, and knocked Ollie out.

When the rest of the League came back to their senses, they all handed Green Arrow to the OWG. He was put on trial and sentenced to death.

"We can't allow this." Batman objected. "Guys we can't let them."

The rest of the Justice League looked down in shame.

"He broke the law." Diana said quietly.

"He was tried and sentenced, there's nothing we can do for him." Superman said.

Batman gave them a disgusted look. "Yes there is, you guys just aren't willing to do it for a friend."

The League went to Ollie's execution. He was to be given a lethal injection. Oliver had a tough face throughout the entire process. Before they injected him, he looked at Batman. The two gave each other respectful nods. Then the needle went in Ollie's arm.

Present Day

Superman remembered all of this vividly. Ollie's face still haunted him, but that wasn't going to stop him. Immediately he felt a hatred for Bruce, since he bought back the painful memory.

"I'm not even going to turn you in." Superman said as his eyes started glowing red. "I'll just kill you myself."

"Batman gave him an unworried look. "You forgot Clark." He said confidently. "Who designed this place?"

He then pushed a button on his utility belt and the window burst open. Batman was sucked into space, and Cyborg was struggling not to get sucked in as well.

Superman saw Cyborg struggling, and helped by taking a metal table and melting it where the window used to be.

"Thanks Supes." Cyborg gasped. "Now go get him."

Batman put on an oxygen mask from his belt as quickly as he can, and he was floating in space. He then grabbed something from his utility belt and held it close to his mouth.

Superman was speeding at Batman with his fists ready.

"Release the Armor Of Babel." Batman said to the device.

Immediately a lead lined pod was shot out of the Watchtower and sped past Superman. Superman watched as the pod transformed, and wrapped itself around Batman. When it was finished, Batman was wearing a suit of armor. It was a all black with red eyes.

Superman was unimpressed. He resumed flying after Batman.

"A little closer." Batman said to himself. "Almost there." Finally Superman was within arms reach. "Here it comes." Batman said.

Superman watched as Batman swung a glowing green fist at him, which connected and made Superman spit out blood. He followed through with another punch that broke Superman's nose. Superman swung a punch, but Batman dodged it and countered with a punch to Superman's stomach. Superman was winded, and floating back. Batman saw this opening and took out a weapon he had on his back. It was huge cannon. He shot it at Superman and a red beam forced Superman hundreds of feet away. Batman kept the shot going and Superman was powerless against it. Finally Batman shot a small green beam that was in the middle of the gun. It hit Superman in the stomach, and knocked him unconscious.

Superman was floating lifeless in space. Batman already blew his cover, so he flew to Earth.

"Sorry Clark." He said to himself as he was entering the atmosphere.

Wonder Woman entered the data room to see what was going on. She saw Cyborg on the floor, gasping. And the window was replaced by a metal table.

"Where's Clark?" She asked worriedly.

"He's outside. Help him, please." Cyborg answered.

Wonder Woman flew out and found Superman's motion less body. She Dragged him back inside the Watchtower, and tried to wake him up.

"Come-on Clark, Wake up!" She screamed.

Finally his eyes slowly opened.

"We have- we have to"

"We have to what?" Diana asked, trying to keep him awake.

"We have to kill Bruce." Then he lost consciousness again.

To Be Continued

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mikesterman: Oh wow now it's all mixed up. What is OWG and why did Green Arrow have to be sacrificed. I demand answers hopefully in the next few issues

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikesterman

@impurestcheese: OWG is the one world government and i explained green arrow's passing in issue 1. im pretty sure i explained OWG in issue 1 too.

What exactly is confusing, is it the transition from memories to present day? Because i put headnotes before each transition. try reading it again, it may be less jumbled to you

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers