DC Mayhem: Secret Six #5.1

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

Find more Secret Six and other Mayhem projects here.

--------------

A dark silhouette swished a glass of wine resting between his fingers. The moonlight shone in, bouncing softly against the ruby liquid even as it eclipsed the night sky. “Gotham,” the figure whispered, its voice deep and calm. “It's so frustrating to see its ugly face, so old and yet so… frantic. So unusual, and yet it is strangely beautiful.”

The man turned his head from the window, his gaze narrowing towards the far side of the room. “Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Wayne?”

The Dark Knight seemed to shift his weight just slightly, the same moonlight caressing across his armor, bringing him into view. “How long did you know?”

No Caption Provided

“Long enough.”

“I need you to listen,” Batman said quietly, that rumble of his voice even more firm than that of the man in the chair. “Gotham is mine, Te—“

The man raised his hand to silence the Dark Knight. “Please, I go by Mockingbird these days. Care for a drink?” The man delicately rattled the decanter that had been resting on the table beside him, but the gesture was met with a silent scowl buried under Batman's mask. “You look depressed, Bruce. What's the matter? Not missing your little dance partner, are you?”

“You killed him,” Batman said, taking a single step towards the man. “Or at least, you tried to.”

“Don't act like the world isn't better off,” the silhouette insisted. “You never would have done it yourself, but the fact remains: Gotham is a safer place without him.”

Batman remained stolid, shifting only ever so slightly beneath his cape. “Would you rather I pretend that you were trying to do my city a service?”

A small smirk traced across the man's face. “Oh no, you're too smart for that, aren't you? But it shouldn't matter to you why I did it, only that it's done.”

“You don't really believe he's dead, do you?” Batman asked, eyes narrowing.

“Honestly?” The man took a brief sip from his glass, mulling over the question in his mind. “No, not really. Even when a body splatters against the pavement, one never can be sure these days.”

Batman was quiet a moment, reaching into his utility belt to pull out a tape recorder. “Then I guess you won't be surprised to hear this.”

"Tweet tweet, little bird. So a clown falls off of a rooftop... heard this one before? I figured not. So a clown falls off of a rooftop and everyone thinks he's finally gone for good. They have a nice laugh about the whole thing -- but then! The plot thickens! It turns out there are greater powers at work than a couple of fools and a tower (oohoohoohoo, catch my tarot references?). Turns out that The Devil has yet to be played. How will big daddy Mockingbird weather the coming storm? Maybe he gets his wings clipped... maybe he finally meets his match. We'll just have to wait for the show won't we? Hehehehehe... ahahahhahaaa... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

“I found it at the scene,” Batman explained, sliding the recorder across the table.

The man paused a moment, then reached for the device, rolling it around in his grasp. “Hmph, thought as much. Not that it matters. The only reason I did this was to get the jester's loyalty, and now I have it. In turn, the team has... bonded. They'll do nicely for me in the future.”

“I don't know what you're planning… and God help me, I don’t know why Harley Quinn could possibly be crucial to it,” Batman said, beginning to make his exit, “but whatever it is, take it out of my city. I won't tell you again.”

“You know I can't promise that,” the man responded. “I have plans, and I will see them through, no matter where they take me.”

Batman turned briefly to look back over his shoulder, glaring. “If you don't leave, you'll be walking into a storm. Don't say I didn't warn you.”

“Please, Bruce.” The man's knowing smirk widened, now genuinely amused. “I am the storm.”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By wildvine

@Joygirl said:

"Tweet tweet, little bird. So a clown falls off of a rooftop... heard this one before? I figured not. So a clown falls off of a rooftop and everyone thinks he's finally gone for good. They have a nice laugh about the whole thing -- but then! The plot thickens! It turns out there are greater powers at work than a couple of fools and a tower (oohoohoohoo, catch my tarot references?). Turns out that The Devil has yet to be played. How will big daddy Mockingbird weather the coming storm? Maybe he gets his wings clipped... maybe he finally meets his match. We'll just have to wait for the show won't we? Hehehehehe... ahahahhahaaa... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

This was the best. Your dialogue is always spot on.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl said:

No Caption Provided
“Please, Bruce.” The man's knowing smirk widened, now genuinely amused. “I am the storm.”

Now my guess is Jervis Tetch, the Mad Hatter. I could be wrong but that's my guess on Mockingbird. Nice work.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@batkevin74: Yay! Let the guessing game begin!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Well like all good guessing games you get three. My first was Jervis Tetch; purely based of the Te that Batman starts to say

Guess two is: Tommy Elliott. He's that kind of person and the Te could be just the begining sound of "Tommy"

Guess three: Ted Kord. Depending on how this DC Mayhem tineline is skewed from mainline DC, maybe Ted Kord was killed by Maxwell Lord and then Lazarus Pit'd back to life, he lost his mind and now is a criminal mastermind with a truckload of gadgets. The Bug jet plane, the solar gun, Ted Kord could be an awesome bad guy, maybe change from Blue Beetle to Black Beetle or some other cool sounding insect (though I think Spidey's bad guys snatched them all up by 1983)

I've guessed. All will be revealed. Have you read Pt 3 of Ravan by any chance?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

@batkevin74: I plan to but haven't yet.

And all will be revealed... sometime. Also, have you been reading Deathstroke and Ravager series yet? Mockingbird makes an appearance there as well.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: I saw that, but very little was revealed on who Mockingbird was or description; just Slade's return to his Deathstroke-ness saying paraphrased "I don't need you, just the info, look at my big F@#k 0f! sword!" But whoever it is, it'll probably be a "WHAT IN THE WORLD?" moment :)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

@batkevin74: Oh yes... it shall.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@Joygirl: Almost want another guess but I'll sit with my three...for now!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joygirl

Bump!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Joygirl: Very nice. Who is Mockingbird? Well my guess is...hmmm maybe Lex. I'm not really sure. But well done, another engaging story, will you be doing more with batman?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joygirl

Never can tell. :P Batman is kinda open because he is so prevalent so he could always show up.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

This is...AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see who Mockingbird really is and what Batman will do from this point on!

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

This Mockingbird dude is pretty awesome! To think I almost skipped the ".1". Great job!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Mockingbird dude is pretty awesome! To think I almost skipped the ".1". Great job!

We've been dropping more and more hints as to his identity. One of these days someone will get it... orrrr... you'll all have to wait for the big reveal. *shrug*

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@joygirl said:

@project_worm said:

We've been dropping more and more hints as to his identity. One of these days someone will get it... orrrr... you'll all have to wait for the big reveal. *shrug*

So, no one has guessed correctly yet? To work!!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

find the link bump. :)