Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Disclaimer: Part of the DC Legacy Fan Fic series. Writer does not own characters appearing here

Rated: E for everyone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued from DC Legacy: Batman’s Butler #3

Earlier…

The Baccarat table in the shadowy casino in Royale was on fire that night in October. A crowd had gathered, encircling the table, watching the players sweat. Tonight’s game was by far the most exciting game the casino had seen in a while.

The bank that night was a very pale Mediterranean fellow with an expensive pair of false teeth. He was known as “Mr. Number”, which one could obviously tell was an alias. No one really knew his back story of where he came from, but all could tell, based on his earnings this night, where he would be going.

Mr. Number glanced at his given cards and then pushed his entire collection of chips forward. The audience gasped at this gesture and Mr. Number flashed his artificially pearly whites. Like a shark, he looked to the competitor to his left.

The fellow was quite round and wore a cowboy hat, revealing his possible Texan roots. His large and expensive looking suit was drenched with sweat. At Mr. Number’s glance, the formally rich man shook his head, dabbing his forehead with a handkerchief.

Mr. Number turned his attention to the man on his right. This older man appeared to be Indian in origin and wore a rusty red colored turban. His wizened hands had formally held multiple gold and jewel-encrusted rings, but now they were empty having all been traded for more chips which he had promptly lost. He raised one of those ringless hands in the universe sign of having had enough.

“If there is no else who dares play against me I shall take my leave,” Mr. Number said in his deep voice. He began to stand until movement at the opposite side of the table made him pause.

A thin man with graying brown hair cleared his throat. He pushed his collection of chips forward, a mischievous smirk on his face.

“All in,” the English gentlemen proclaimed to the shock of the crowd. Now, things were truly getting interesting.

“You think this is wise?” Mr. Number asked his new opponent, sitting back down. “The night is young and the…rose garden is already littered with my victims.”

“If you knew me well,” the Englishmen said, sipping a drink of his concoction, “you would know danger is in my job description.”

Mr. Number laughed, “You amuse me.” He flipped his two card onto the table so all could see his set, “but let us see how well you play.”

The Englishman reached for his two cards, but stopped when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

“Message for you, sir,” a small bellboy looking fellow stated.

The Englishman raised an eye brawl, “Can’t it wait?”

The messenger shook his head, “No, sir. It is urgent. They said they were from Headquarters and that you would know what that meant. And they said something about you being reinstated for a case.”

The Englishmen scowled and then sighed, “very well.”

He stood and Mr. Number spoke up, “It would appear you are forfeiting, Mr.--I’m sorry. I did not catch your name.”

“Oh, far from it!” the Englishmen smiled, flipping his two cards face up, “I am winning.” He turned to the messenger, “Put those chips on my account.”

He turned back to the stunned Mr. Number and stated, “And the name is Fleming. Ian Fleming.”

To be continued in DC Legacy: Batman’s Butler #5 !

#1 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#2 Posted by batkevin74 (10978 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: thank you! *bows*

#4 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

I simply love the fact that you have anyone meeting up with anyone, and that the story is basically a silly stereotype of an agent-story.

#5 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

I simply love the fact that you have anyone meeting up with anyone, and that the story is basically a silly stereotype of an agent-story.

I wouldn't call it a silly sterotype of an agent story. That honor goes to the movie Casino Royale, which is a parody of anything James bond starring Orsen Wells. Now, THAT was silly...

#6 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet:

The story you`re crafting is silly `cause it`s...silly on purpose, right? I mean, I really like this story, actually, `cause it`s fun. But I think that it`s pretty silly. = )

#7 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k:Playful is the word I discribe it as, but its on purpose whatever you call it.

When I think "silly" and "Spy", I think Casino Royale personally while this is more relaxed.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

#9 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Love it.

thanks. I'm glad

#10 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@kfhrfdu_89_76k:Playful is the word I discribe it as, but its on purpose whatever you call it.

When I think "silly" and "Spy", I think Casino Royale personally while this is more relaxed.

Well, you might be right about that.

#11 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there more?

Moderator
#12 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine said:

Is there more?

soon...

#13 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

wow what a view this guy sees...

#14 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@UnderDogs_OverBoard said:

wow what a view this guy sees...

you mean Alfred or Flemming?

#15 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I comment on this before? I'm not sure?

Anyway, fantastic as usual

#16 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

Did I comment on this before? I'm not sure?

Anyway, fantastic as usual

thanks

#17 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: You are most certainly welcome.

Also, Mysterious Lady Chapter Eight is finally out. It's been a long delay but I finally got it out.

Just sayin' :P

#18 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

#19 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

Haha, I saw that immediately after typing that. GAH! (Maybe could write something revolving around that..)

#20 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

Haha, I saw that immediately after typing that. GAH! (Maybe could write something revolving around that..)

Don't Prime. You are not fit to utter the word Gah!

#21 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

Haha, I saw that immediately after typing that. GAH! (Maybe could write something revolving around that..)

Don't Prime. You are not fit to utter the word Gah!

Now I'm imagining me saying Gah! in a Knights who say Nee fashion, where you flinch whenever I say it.

#22 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

Haha, I saw that immediately after typing that. GAH! (Maybe could write something revolving around that..)

Don't Prime. You are not fit to utter the word Gah!

Now I'm imagining me saying Gah! in a Knights who say Nee fashion, where you flinch whenever I say it.

Your head will be on my spike you insolent child.

#23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

Haha, I saw that immediately after typing that. GAH! (Maybe could write something revolving around that..)

Don't Prime. You are not fit to utter the word Gah!

Now I'm imagining me saying Gah! in a Knights who say Nee fashion, where you flinch whenever I say it.

Your head will be on my spike you insolent child.

GAH! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! (See what I did there... :P)

#24 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53 said:

@The Poet said:

@primepower53: Gosh! I wish I had seen and read it 33 minutes ago I could have commented then! :P

Haha, I saw that immediately after typing that. GAH! (Maybe could write something revolving around that..)

Don't Prime. You are not fit to utter the word Gah!

Now I'm imagining me saying Gah! in a Knights who say Nee fashion, where you flinch whenever I say it.

Your head will be on my spike you insolent child.

GAH! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! (See what I did there... :P)

NOT IN CAPITALS!!! Gah! IS THE CORRECT VERSION YOU IMBECILE!!!

Side note: Just keep quoting this... will keep getting PMs about it...xD

#25 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: that was 3 pms for one post........

thank Gah! I didn't post in between those posts or it would be even more...However this does get attention for the Batman's Butler story...

#26 Posted by UnderDogs_OverBoard (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@UnderDogs_OverBoard said:

wow what a view this guy sees...

you mean Alfred or Flemming?

ALFRED...

#27 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy: Just for that, I WON'T quote it.

#28 Posted by CapFanboy (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet said:

@CapFanboy: that was 3 pms for one post........

thank Gah! I didn't post in between those posts or it would be even more...However this does get attention for the Batman's Butler story...

See! Good does come from derailing!

@primepower53 said:

@CapFanboy: Just for that, I WON'T quote it.

Fine.

#29 Posted by cbishop (8621 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Ian Fleming bit too. It always seems to me that no matter how it's done, it's interesting when an author is made into a character.