DC Legacy: Batman’s Butler #3

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Disclaimer: Part of the DC Legacy Fan Fic series. Writer does not own characters appearing here

No Caption Provided

Rated E for everyone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued fromDC Legacy: Batman’s Butler #2

Robert Mccallum was a thin man back then. He wore a pair of spectacles which worked to magnify his menacing brown, eagle eyes. There was not a man in Europe or America that could say they were not afraid of that tyrant if they had the pleasure of ever meeting him.

At the moment I entered his office, he was speaking into the receiver of a red phone.

“Agent 86, you mean to tell me you and 99 have made no progress in your investigation into the disappearance of number 6?” M paused, listening to the person on the other end and then demanded, “What’s that about a lead? You are breaking up! You said something about a village? Hello? 86? Hello?”

He removed the receiver from his ear and looked at it as if it were some sort of foreign object. He set it down upon the crimson register and commented to the box of expensive cigars at the edge of his desk, “The reception on shoe phones is getting worse and worse…”

His lip twitched at this comment. Finally, he acknowledged my presence with a nod.

“Hello, Agent Pennyworth. Have a seat,” he gestured to a chair, which I accepted. Once sitting, he continued, “Let’s get down to business, shall we? Alfred, how much do you know about Operation Ivy?”

I thought for a moment and then replied, “Officially, nothing. Unofficially, I can tell you Operation Ivy is a nuclear test operated by the Americans. It will be the eighth series of tests with two bombs code named “Mike” and “King”. The later I believe is the largest bomb ever tested.”

Mccallum smiled, “Ah! I see you have been reading the reports the Americans have sending on their progress.” He handed me a manila folder and stated, “However, what those reports do not include is the fact there was a third bomb code named “Harry”, which was stolen 48 hours ago.”

He nodded to the folder, which I opened. I was greeted by a black and white photo of a curly, black haired demon of a man with a sinister looking lazy eye.

“Meet the alleged culprit, another Alfred by the name of Alfred H. McGuffin,” M nodded to the old black and white photo.

“Doesn’t look to be a good candidate for Time magazine’s Person of the Year,” I commented, dryly.

“No, he is not,” M confirmed, “He formally worked at C.O.R.—the Council for Organized Research—but he was fired after he threatened some scientists from the American equivalent of C.O.R. known as S.T.A.R. Labs. After that, he has been under the radar. Until now that is.”

M gestured for me to turn the page of the report behind the scientist's picture and he continued, “48 hours ago, a team of unidentified soldiers using stealth technology originally designed by Dr. McGuffin attacked the holding facility for “Harry” on the Marshall Islands. They stole the bomb and then seemingly vanished.”

Mccallum paused and I turned the page of the report again, “24 hours ago, we intercepted a message sent from an undercover agent. In the message we were alerted to the fact Dr. McGuffin plans to use “Harry” in combination with his stealth technology to destroy important governmental sites around the world until the entire United Nations surrenders to him.”

“Little mellow dramatic,” I snorted, reading over the message.

“Yes, well, after that we lost contact with the agent. It is believed the agent was found and neutralized,” M said, sorrowfully.

“So you want me to locate this Dr. McGuffin and steal back the bomb?” I asked, after I had finished reading the report.

Robert Mccallum shook his head, and smiled slightly, “No, not just you. I am reenlisting two retired agents to help you. I have sent messages to them and they should be arriving shortly.”

He handed me two personnel folders and I began to read up on my new comrades.

To be continued in DC Legacy: Batman’s Butler #4!

Avatar image for deactivated-5afe2775b7813
deactivated-5afe2775b7813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Amazing work.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@MsMarvel22 said:

Amazing work.

thanks

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Bump

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@kfhrfdu_89_76k said:

Nice continuation.

thanks

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet said:

“Agent 86, you mean to tell me you and 99 have made no progress in your investigation into the disappearance of number 6?” M paused, listening to the person on the other end and then demanded, “What’s that about a lead? You are breaking up! You said something about a village? Hello? 86? Hello?”

Nicely done! Love the references to old spy/intrigue tv shows. Great stuff. Sorry it took me a while to get around to this (and just saw you posted a new one)

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: thanks

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@MsMarvel22: @kfhrfdu_89_76k: @batkevin74:

added the cover to this one as well (all them really...)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@The Poet: Ahhh Hitchcock :) Nice cover

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@batkevin74: If I simply say Dr. Alfred H. McGuffin, most people overlook the reference, but if I post a cover with simply his shadow people get it :P

Wonderful world...

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@the_poet: I got that McGuffin was referring to a writing term, but I did have to follow the link to refresh my memory. Still enjoying it. Moving on to the next chapter. :)