DC Genesis: The Question

shockmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shockmaster

I'll be writing the question for DC genesis. I've decided to go with a more rorschach inspired Question, thats fairly mystery driven. if you like it, hate it, or don't care, let me know, i enjoy feedback!

[The Scene opens within a dark and gloomy underground Parking garage. We see an unmasked VIC SAGE, wearing a suit and fedora. He is holding a revolver, with a still smoking barrel. 10 feet behind him lies a man in an all white suit laying face down in a pool full of blood]

VIC SAGE (NARRATING)

Hub city, the murder capital of America. Tonight a convenience store clerk was killed in an armed robbery. He died over 47 dollars. Hours later, a girl found murdered in Eastern Park. No one that hears the news sheds a tear. Same shit different night, just another body among hundreds. But tonight is different. Tonight one of the few good men in this corrupt city, a man with good morals who fought without compromise, was found dead. Tonight is the night that Mr. A was murdered in cold blood.

---------------------------------------

EARLIER THAT DAY

[the scene shifts to an office in a successful newspaper company, The Hub Times. In it we see VIC SAGE going through files and working on his typewriter. It is a stuffy unorganized office, filled with boxes, files, and other journalism sources. We can see by the pulitizer prize and other awards on his desk that SAGE is a reputable investigative journalist. A large pudgy man, the editor of the paper, enters]

EDITOR

Well I just read over your story. Corporate corruption in town hall, what a refreshing topic (rolling his eyes in a sarcastic tone)

SAGE:

The truth needs to be told. Maybe if someone made the guilty pay, I could move on to something else

EDITOR

I can’t print this! Those “corporate scumbags that feast on the good people of the city like maggots feasting on a corpse” as you put it, happen to buy ad space for our paper!

SAGE

Sacrifices will never solve anything, no –

EDITOR

- No compromise yeah I know that’s your god damn motto. Just write what the bosses tell you to write, and collect your paycheck. We’re getting real sick of your attitude around here sage. And don’t even think about sending your story to the freedom post. You’re the only reason that radical conspiracy filled magazine is still in business.

(The editor exits the office, clearly annoyed)

SAGE (NARRATING)

No compromise. I’ll send the story in regardless, despite his empty threats.

- the phone rings breaking the silence

-

The phone rings, it’s the call that puts my newest investigation in motion.

ARISTOTLE

Sage, it’s Aristotle. Mr. A wants to meet, says he’s on to something huge. 317 Logan street. You know the rules

SAGE

Don’t get followed

ARISTOTLE

One more thing

SAGE

What is it?

ARISTOTLE

I leave Hub city tonight, don’t know when I’ll be back. I’ve made too many enemies, or maybe its just paranoia. Nonetheless, take care of yourself, and trust no one. (Hangs up)

----------------------------------

[It is now midnight, sage is driving towards the meet. It is still very rainy. The radio plays softly in the background]

SAGE (NARRATING)

Aristotle was the man that introduced me to Mr. A. I met him after he withheld his invention from a military funded project. He invented Pseudoderm, a material that is capable of completely hiding facial features. He refused to sell it. Only one man I know of possesses a Pesudoderm mask

RADIO

A middle aged convenience store clerk was gunned down in an armed robbery tonight. Police say the register only contained 47 dollars

SAGE (NARRATING)

That man is Mr. A. Figure it’s to hide his identity, protect his family. I don’t see the purpose. He’s paranoid, violent, and completely obsessed with truth and justice. Reminds me of myself. From my experience, a woman won’t put up with that type of man for long.

RADIO

In other news, a woman was found dead in eastern park. Police say she was found in pieces scattered across the park.

SAGE (NARRATING)

A convenience store clerk killed in a botched robbery. A woman cut to pieces. Same shit different day. They say bad things happen in three’s …

-----------------------------

[Sage pulls into the parking garage, and witnesses a car speeding past Mr. A. A gun sticks out the window and bullets fly out, ripping through Mr. A’s body. He runs to the body, and see’s the car turning back to head to the exit, speeding very quickly. Someone throws a revolver outside of the car as the car escapes]

SAGE (NARRATING)

The Bullets cut right through him like a hot knife through butter. Assassins drive off like frightened dogs. I get a good look at the one disposing the gun. Black hair, blue eyes, scar on left check. I’ll be sure to give him a few more of those when I see him again.

- sage picks up the gun, taking us back to the scene at the beginning –

44 Magnum, signature gun of a Gravano family hitman. But why did he leave the gun behind? They never leave the gun behind.

- loud police sirens sound –

Mr A wouldn’t have been so stupid. I forgot an important detail. Scarface had gloves. My prints are all over it. I should have had much more time to flee, the speed of the police response time means they were tipped off in advance. I guess Bad things can happen more than three times. Tonight is the night a man with no compromise was set up. Tonight is the night I was framed for Murdering Mr. A in cold blood.

END

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Great story! You really stick to the character of the Question. I love how you set it up to have the reader think Question just killed a man in the beginning, then flash back to reveal how it really happened.