Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Part Three:

Jonathan Kent motioned for Clark to come to the barn with him.

“Come on, Clark,” he said, trying to persuade him. Clark made a break for the door.

“But I promised Lana and Pete I’d meet them at—.”

“It’s about your powers.” Jonathan said, sternly. Clark looked at him, with something close to terror in his eyes. There was a long moment of tension in the air, while neither responded. All at once, Jonathan broke into a smile, exposing his teeth while he laughed. The tension was swiftly lifted, as Clark joins in on the laughter. Neither knew why they were laughing, they were just happy to be in each other’s company.

“Come on,” Jonathan said between laughter, “I’ll show you.”

The barn doors sprang open, letting in a monstrous mound of light all at once. The darkness was overcome with brightness. The barn was old and weary, with paint peeling on the walls and tiny cracks of wood that beamed light in through their cracks. Mounds of straw littered the ground, while chickens walked about, taking small pecks at the ground. In the end, there rested a small crate. Clark remembered back to his childhood, when he was always told to stay away from the crate. He looked at it, his eyes twinkling with wonder as he knew the answer to all his questions lay in the crate.

Moving faster than a locomotive, he ran to the other side of the barn and lifted the top off of the crate. Jonathan ran after him, trying to catch up. He put his hands on his knees and hyperventilated. Jonathan quickly put his hands on his wrist, checking his pulse.

Inside the crate lay a small rocket. Clark looked at every angle with super speed, scanning every inch of it.

“We found you eighteen years ago today…you down from the sky in a rocket…Martha thought you were a gift from God…we couldn’t have a baby ourselves…so…” Jonathan’s voice drifted off, as he took a seat on a nearby milk crate. “The problem is,” Jonathan said, half groaning, “That we couldn’t figure out how to reopen it once the hatch closed.”

Clark ran his fingers along the edge, feeling the bumps in the strange markings. They seemed to speak to him…almost…telling him what to say. The markings, almost familiar to him, like some lost language of a dead world.

Clark made a sound of a man trying to imitate a hummingbird’s song, and the hatch swung open all at once. A bright light filled the room. Jonathan shielded his eyes while Clark looked directly at it; chickens behind him ran for their lives. Clark found himself flung through the air.

“What did you do, Clark?” Jonathan asked, his eyes slowly adjusting to the light as it began to dim.

“I-I,” Clark stammered, “I just said ‘open.’”

Inside a large, silk soft blue and red sheet of blankets lay a crystal. Clark reached for it, and a tingling sensation was felt in the back of his head, which soon turned to itching, which soon turned to burning. The light from the crystal enveloped him, and he smiled, embracing the light. He threw his arms out with joy, floating slightly above the ground.

“What is it, Clark?” Jonathan asked, apprehensively.

“Jor El and Lara Lor Van…” He whispered, as if in a trance.

“What?”

“My Parents…” Clark turned his attention to Jonathan, hugging him with joy. “Thanks for showing me this, Pa.”

“It’s alright,” Jonathan replied, patting him softly on the back.

“I know my planet’s history, my birth name was Kal El, I—.”

“Clark,” Jonathan whispered, inspiringly, “fly.” Jonathan began to grin as Clark flew into the air, flying through the barn. He never felt as alive as he did then, as the wind whipped through his face, the sun beat down on him, warming him, but not to the point of sweating. He felt wonderful...

That feeling was suddenly taken away when he lost trace of his Father’s heartbeat.”

“No,” he whispered.

“PAAAAAAAA!” He shouted, breaking the sound barrier as he flew back the barn. A small crater was left in his wake as he found Jonathan Kent on the ground.

“Pa…please be okay.” Clark cried, tears streaming down his cheeks.

“It’s okay, Clark…my time has come…I’m just glad…to spend…my final moments…with you…”

“Please, Pa, DON’T GO!” He shouted. “DON’T GO! I CAN SAVE YOU PA!”

Martha rushed into the barn and covered her mouth at the sight. She broke down into tears with her son.

“I CAN SAVE YOU, PA!”

Clark shouted.

“I CAN SAVE YOU! I CAN DO ANYTHING! WITH ALL THESE POWERS I CAN SAVE EVERYONE….!”

His eyes turned red with heat vision, as his tears were evaporated. “I can save everyone! I will save everyone!

I CAN SAVE YOU, PA!

Can’t I?”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

The barn exploded? Did I miss something?......Just re-read it and the barn scene is a tad confusing, well to me anyways. Nice traumatic death for young Clark to deal with though...Clark Kent enrolls at Kansas Medical College and becomes a doctor instead of a Superhero :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 said:

The barn exploded? Did I miss something?......Just re-read it and the barn scene is a tad confusing, well to me anyways. Nice traumatic death for young Clark to deal with though...Clark Kent enrolls at Kansas Medical College and becomes a doctor instead of a Superhero :)

No, he flew into the air and went for a joy flight, then Jonathan Kent had the famous heart attack, so he flies back so fast he accidentally breaks the sound barrier. The impact of landing so fast creates a small crater. Not enough to destroy the barn, he just flew through the roof and made a "dent-ish crater"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@primepower53: Right, got it! Nice

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers