DC ElseWorlds: Act of God Part 3

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Authors Note: Part 3 has landed! A little back ground: The heroes have lost their powers, some got them back and that has not had a good effect on every one. Batman and a depowered Wonder Woman are investigating it, The Justice League is overwhelmed as members have started to abandon the organization. In short things are starting to unravel. Enjoy!

DC Elseworlds:

Act of God Part 3

Metropolis

One Week after the Black Light Event:

She knows a bullet will bounce right off her. She knows she could melt the gun in his hand and knock him out without an effort. But she froze. A robbery in progress and she can’t do a thing. She just levitated above their getaway car. “Come on Supergirl you just swoop down, take out the getaway car and you’re back at home sitting in the dark again.”

This is her first time out since the Black Light event. Since the death of Superman she couldn’t even bring herself to get into costume. Her powers came back, same as a few others. But the feeling of helplessness persisted. Her cousin fell from the sky, his powers failed him. Could hers shut off again? Was this temporary? Why did she get her powers back when so many others didn’t? “Come on, Kara.” She exhaled.

The car peeled off, but it didn’t get far. Supergirl dropped and smashed on to the hood of the vehicle. She took a deep breath. Everything was going well. The robbers were subdued. “You bitch!” One of the robbers stumbled from the back seat of the car with a gun in hand.

“Don’t—“ Supergirl stopped. Her voice quit on her. The man was on his feet and hobbled closer to the Kryptonian. He had his pistol pointed at her.

“All you damn capes think you’re better than the rest of us.” The robber growled.

Kara couldn’t move. She knows the bullet would bounce off, that she could crush the gun in his hand before he could make a move. But she froze and her hands started to shake. The robber fired a shot that hit Supergirl in the stomach. She dropped to her knees and started to breath heavy, as if the air was being sucked out of her lungs. “But you all bleed just like us.”

“Get away from me.” She exhaled. She could feel sweat soak her body. She heard the gun cock above her head. “Get away from me!” Supergirl screamed. Everything happened in a flash. She heard bone crunch, her arm felt warm, and wet.

“Oh no.” Her arm was elbow deep through the robber’s chest. She pulled her arm out and the man dropped to the ground. “No no no no…” She repeated, staring at her arm and back at the man she killed. Blood started to pool around him, his eyes were still open. They were wide and beamed right into her it felt like.

Kara could hear the sirens in the back ground. “What did I do? What did… I…”

Gotham Harbor

Now:

Batman and the now depowered Diana Prince were anchored out half a mile in the Gotham River. It was cold and rainy. The docks were full of armed security. They intended to bypass them. “So Lexcorp acquired S.T.A.R Labs and has a blank check from the United States government? Why?” Diana asked observing a cargo ship with a set of binoculars.

“They know something we don’t.” Batman said, silently driving his boat closer. “Whatever it is it’s on that ship.”

“Well getting on won’t be easy. They’ve got security onboard. A sniper is holed up in the observation tower.” Diana said. “Obviously not paying any attention.”

Batman was silent and then ordered, “I’ll go in first and work distraction. After awhile you will go inside and search the ship. I shouldn’t be too long.”

“Bruce…” Diana cut herself off. She wanted to object, she felt like he was leaving her out; treating her like one of his sidekicks. “Fine.”

Justice League

Watch Tower:

Black Canary for the last three months has had the run of the entire League. Members don’t show up, instead choosing to stay out of sight or do their own thing. She looked out passed the window into the deep of space. “Dinah?”

“Yes, J’onn?” She answered.

The Martian walked over to her side and stood there. “The United Nations has an inquiry on the current status of the Black Light event.”

Dinah looked on into space and sighed. League members were unaccounted for, and she had a whole world of new problems to contend with. “Nothing has changed; Black Light is still as irreversible as it was two months ago.”

Black Canary! Dinah heard over her communicator. It was Wonderman. His voice was urgent and brought Dinah out of her musing.

“What is it?” She asked.

I’ve picked something up on the Tower’s long range scanners. Something has entered the solar system passed the Kuiper belt. Something big.

Gotham Harbor,

Cargo Ship:

Distract is exactly what Batman did. He took out the sniper on the observation tower first and set off an explosion on the ship’s portside. Security scrambled to the scene, allowing Diana to enter the ship and investigate uninterrupted. “I’m slowing them down up here, but be quick. Keep me posted.” Batman ordered over the radio.

Diana grunted and continued on. The interior of the ship was dank and dim. She headed to an office in the back of the ship; she was going to search the ships logs to find out what it was carrying. The lights flickered and each step she made echoed throughout the narrow hall.

The office was up ahead, the lights were off and the door was closed. She reached for the door when a loud bang followed by a flash of light splintered the door and smacked Diana into the wall behind her. She slid to the floor, the body armor supplied to her held, but the air was knocked out of her lungs and her chest hurt when she tried to breathe.

The remains of the door creaked open from the other side. A heavily armored man, wielding a shot gun stood in the doorway. He had white hair and wore an eye patch on his right eye. Diana fought him at S.T.A.R Labs a few hours ago. It was Deathstroke. “I was really hoping I’d run into you again. I’m going to guess your pointy eared friend is up top, making short work of the mercs Luthor hired.”

Deathstroke tossed the shot gun aside and unsheathed two swords he had on his back. “You know what I can’t stand?” He said as he thrust his blade into the wall beside Diana’s head. “I have all the skill, the training is still there and a mere moment makes all of that irrelevant.”

Deathstroke took another swing at Diana’s head as she rolled away from the attack and yanks the other sword from the wall at the same time. Deathstroke continued. “I’m slow, my reaction time is a joke and my vision is a liability.”

Diana picked herself up from the ground, readying herself for another attack. But Deathstroke just stands there, watching her. A faraway look stuck on his face like he was desperately trying to remember something. Diana takes a step forward; Deathstroke snaps out of it and charges the Amazon. He sets up his attack perfectly, only for Diana to parry the attack and roll around him.

She winces in pain and clutches her chest. Deathstoke has his back to her. “Quarters are tight, not much room to maneuver. Good on you for using my handicap against me. Now let’s try again.” The mercenary whips around and charges at Diana. He raises his sword, ready to cleave Diana in half. She blocks it and knocks the sword out of his hand and holds the point of her blade to his throat.

“What are you doing?” Diana knows Deathstroke is better than this, but his mistakes are amateur at best and seem too deliberate. “Are you trying to make me kill you?”

The mercenary doesn’t say anything and the absent look previously on his face returns. He walks forward, the tip of the blade breaks the skin and blood starts to trickle down his neck. Diana’s attention is drawn down to Deathstrokes right hand; it’s on his pistol holstered on his hip. “Don’t!” she orders.

As Deathstroke draws his pistol, Diana has no time to think, she knows what to do. Before Deathstroke could raise his pistol into position, Diana ran her sword across his throat. Blood splattered against the wall and the mercenary fell to the ground. Blood seeped from the wound, Diana stared at the body and the sword still in her hand dropped. “Hera!” She gasped.

Deathstroke left her with no choice. She didn’t have time to think, she acted and as of this moment she felt nothing. Deathstroke tried to breathe; only blood came out. He looked up at Diana and tried to speak, but an awful gargling sound was all Diana could make out. Diana stepped over the body and resumed her original task.

Cargo Ship,

Batman:

“He went this way!” One of the mercenaries yelled.

“Luthor ain’t paying us enough to deal with the bat.” Said another.

“Shut up and move!”

“Where is Deathstroke? Isn’t he suppose to be—“

“I don’t care what the Terminator is doing! Let’s do our job.”

Batman listened from the other side of a shipping container. He set off an explosion and engaged a few of the mercenaries. The mercs ran off and he stood at the entrance of the container. It was larger than the others on the ship and seemed out of place. He broke the lock with a quick kick and swung the doors open. “Batman.” Diana called over the radio.

Batman didn’t answer right away and observed the contents of the container with a flash light. “You won’t believe what this ship is carrying.”

He looked around. The container was holding several exo-suits, all of which were engraved with Superman’s emblem on their chests. “I might just believe you.”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

cool

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Suicide by Wonder Woman! Nice story dude. Still guessing on the why of the event. Loved Kara:

Her arm was elbow deep through the robber’s chest. She pulled her arm out and the man dropped to the ground. Blood started to pool around him, his eyes were still open.

Looking forward to part 4! :)

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By thespideyguy

Superb.

web web

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts