#1 Edited by Time_Phantom (527 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Elseworlds:

Act of God Part 1

Authors Note: You ever read or see something and you go “I can write a better story than that!”? Well… this is my attempt. I hope that isn’t too arrogant. Hopefully it goes well the concept is the same (heroes losing their powers, after that it’s all me) but I’m hoping I just do it better. Remember everything happens for a reason in the next few parts of this.

Central City:

“Oh no not you!” A gun man groaned. He had his mark in sight he was following him for blocks before cornering him in the alley. Then an unusual gust of wind knocked him to the ground and his mark ran for it. The gunman looked up. A man wearing red tights with a yellow thunder bolt on his chest stood above him. The Flash. Instinctively the gunman raised his pistol at the hero, hoping to get a lucky shot off.

The Flash sighed, the whole event felt rehearsed. He prepared to simply step out of the way of the coming bullet and knock the thug out. The gun went off. As the Flash prepared to move out of the way a black light flashed and the speedster’s reflexes failed, he was shot in the chest.

The gunman seizing opportunity fired until the clip in his pistol ran dry. Eight shots ripped through his chest. The Flash fell to the ground in a bloody heap. His powers had failed him. His chest heaved rapidly, he exhaled blood. The gun man got up and scrambled away; leaving the hero bleeding in the ally.

Metropolis:

Superman rocketed through the air in the sky high above his city. As usual he was racing to aid in a crisis that demanded his attention; though far away he could hear the cries for help as though they were right next to him. “What the?” Superman whispered to himself. He couldn’t explain it but there was something else. Something otherworldly sounding that increased in frequency and was deafening.

A black light followed the sound. The Man of Steel raced to the ground below like a rock. Unable to slow down. Unable to call for help. He couldn’t stop, he closed his eyes. He could hear the world like the people he swore to protect for the first time. Felt like they do. He thought of Lois. Then he felt nothing.

3 Months Later,

Justice League Watchtower:

Dinah Laurel aka Black Canary, headed the meeting. The room was empty; except the Martian Man Hunter, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan, Mister Terrific and Booster Gold. “Why do we even hold these meetings if no one is going to show up?” Dinah sighed.

She shook her head and pressed a button on the circular table and the room dimmed. A hologram featuring Superman, The Flash and Aquaman projected from the middle of the table. “Three months ago heroes all over the world lost their powers. Clark was found dead on the streets of Metropolis, Wally was gunned down and…” Dinah took a deep breath before she continued. “Arthur is… missing. Along with a few others.”

“Are we any closer to knowing why this happened?” The Man Hunter asked.

Dinah ran her fingers through her hair and slouched on the table. “No. The Black Light event is still a mystery.”

“It seems to be that human members of the League are the only ones permanently affected.” Mister Terrific added. “As we know J’onn got his powers back after a time.”

The Martian nodded and remained silent. “Even my ring shut down for a few hours.” Hal said. “All our technology, powers… shut off. What could do that?”

“Magic?” Booster Gold answered quickly.

“Dr. Fate said that he detected nothing of the sort when he examined League members who lost their powers. I haven’t figured this out either. It defies explanation.” Mister Terrific retorted.

To be continued…

#2 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom Cool into. I can't wait to see where this goes.

#3 Posted by Time_Phantom (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Thanks and if you know anything about the mini series it is based on then you may be surprised with the things I decide to do.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom said:

@TheCannon: Thanks and if you know anything about the mini series it is based on then you may be surprised with the things I decide to do.

I don't know anything about the series it's based on, but I still love what you're doing.

#5 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i remeber that horid series! This so far is gold, while the orignal one is $#!t!!!! Good job man, feel kinda sory for superman hitting the ground

#6 Posted by batkevin74 (10978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom said:

He couldn’t stop, he closed his eyes. He could hear the world like the people he swore to protect for the first time. Felt like they do. He thought of Lois. Then he felt nothing.

Nice! I remember this series where all the heroes end up in the Bat-Cave and someone lost an arm; the original series was kinda lame. I am looking forward to your take and reinvention of this story that had so much potential. Good work Time_Phantom

#7 Posted by Time_Phantom (527 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: I felt the same way when I saw this review for "Act or God" A story with so much potential wasted by the pretentious scribblings of a mad person. I hope I can pull this off.

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom: I can't even remember the WHY of the Act of God series? Sure they all lost their powers, so gadget guys & martial artists become top dog, but the WHY...I can't remember. Actually I'm looking forward to where you're going with this, already its better than the original :)

#9 Posted by wildvine (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but i don't know the series this was based off. Having said that, I am curious how this story goes.

#10 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom: Well, in fairness, I don't think it would take much to write a better story than that god awful thing... but I digress.

You set it up nicely and I look forward to seeing where it goes, good work.

(Pssst, by the way, you should totally vote for me in the summer fan fic awards. What? No, I'm not shamelessly pandering for votes at all. You're seeing things.)

#11 Posted by ekrolo (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, it was kind of disturbing to see Flash and Supermans powers fail them and then them getting killed without any chance of fighting back or surviving......

#12 Posted by Time_Phantom (527 posts) - - Show Bio

: @ekrolo said:

Wow, it was kind of disturbing to see Flash and Supermans powers fail them and then them getting killed without any chance of fighting back or surviving......

Friend in this series of mine... anything can happen. The heroes lost their powers, there has to be real consequences in the aftermath. Thank you for reading and I hope you keep following this.

#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#14 Posted by batkevin74 (10978 posts) - - Show Bio

@Time_Phantom: Casual bump