waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Fallville, 14 years ago...

"Are you sure it won't make me look silly?"

Nora were about to fix her son's bow tie.

"Not at all. You look sharp!" Nora gave her son a wide and warm smile.

"... I'm not sure I want to go up there..." The boy looked at his shoes as if he was worried that they somehow could make fun of him.

"Don't be nervous, kiddo. You will do great."

"If I do great, then it's because I'm lucky..."

"Luck is just preparation meeting opportunity."

"..."

"What's wrong?"

"... Dad used to say that when we went fishing."

Nora embraced her little boy.

"... Oh kiddo..."

"I miss him so much, mom."

"Me too. And he would have loved to be there at your spelling bee."

"You sure you can't come, mom?"

"I can't. I'm working a double today. But I will cross fingers for you. Now, off you go. Or you will miss the bus."

"Love you mom."

"Love you too, Barry."

As her son left the kitchen, Nora checked her hand back one last time. She packed four extra packs of gum, and then she left the house.

... Or she were ABOUT the leave the house. But as she opened the door, she faced a stranger dressed in a jumpsuit with a cowl hiding half of his face.

"Come with me if you want to live."

SMACK!

After slamming the door shut, Nora ran into the kitchen to get the biggest knife she could find, before she called the police. But before she could leave the kitchen, the stranger had somehow gained access to the house.

"Wait, please!" He said, holding up his hands. "That MAY have come out the wrong wa-"

Nora threw the knife after him. The masked stranger ducked it. She then grabbed a chair, swinging it against the unwanted guest.

"Please, take it easy!" The masked stranger kept dodging all of the attacks, while looking rather calm. If anything a bit embarrassed. "You need to-"

"Get the HELL out of my house, your psycho!"

"Please, Mrs Allen." In the blink of an eye, the stranger were now holding the chair that Nora only now realized she didn't hold anymore. "I'm not here to hurt you."

"What the heck do you want?" She looked around, trying to see if there was anything near her she could use to defend herself, without making any sudden movements. "Why are yo-"

"Look... It's hard to explain but... your life is in danger." Nora found herself in a chair in the living-room. The yellow-dressed man sat in front of her. "I know that my approach has been... less than thought through... but I need you to believe me; I'm here to save your life."

Nora were about to stand up and run for it... But she paused. The man in yellow could have harmed her. She was confused a to what was happening, and how he moved so fast, but she now noticed hat he looked... scared. Worried. Nora was still not convinced that he was... not-insane, but he didn't seem dangerous.

"... Alright, I will listen to you." Nora sighed. "But... take off the mask. It makes me uncomfortable."

Th stranger took of the mask, revealing a man in his early twenties with blond unwashed hair. "... Sorry, I... I should have... I hoped that if I came in my superhero outfit that... You know, I will just ad it to the list of my endless many mistakes."

"No kidding." Nora was now convinced that the stranger was harmless. "Folks walking around in superhero costumes aren't exactly a common sight, you know."

"Not yet..." the man mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing. But, listen: Someone want's to kill you. I'm not sure who, all I know is that your life is in danger. Please, you HAVE to trust me."

Nora weren't sure why, but she did. Maybe because the stranger looked like he had had a terrible day. Maybe she just wanted to poor guy to feel better.

"Alright, but I need to go to work. We can-"

"No! I can' take any chances! I WON'T fail again! I couldn't forgive myself if I screwed this up!"

"Take it ea-"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZMMMMMMMMM!!!

"...sy?"

Nora felt she had been in a car with her head out of the window. Her hair had been ruined, and she now found herself inside a house she had never seen before.

"What is... How did you... What is going on?!"

"I'm sorry, I am. But I can't risk your life." The stranger had his hood on again.

"How is... Are you.. Are you a superhero? Like the ones from my son's comic-books?"

"... Yes. Now listen to me; I have brought you to a small town called Eskilstrup in Denmark..."

"WHAT?! You can't just... What about my job? And my son!?"

"Believe me, this IS for your son. I'm making sure that his mother is alive. I'm sorry, but your safety is my concern."

"But-"

"I'm going back to your house, waiting for the man or woman who is after you. I will be back as soon as possible. Stay in the house till I return."

And then, he was gone in a flash.

To say that Nora was confused would be the underestimation of the millennium. Once she came back to her senses, she began exploring the almost empty house. Through a window she spotted a sign saying "Til salg" whatever that meant. In the kitchen, she found a pack of biscuits and a newspaper that she didn't understand. After eating half of the biscuits, she heard someone opening the front door.

"Okay, you have some explaining to do." Nora said annoyed. "You wanna help me, that all fine and good, but I have NO idea what the... wait, you are not-"

And then, Nora Allen died.

Next time: Who killed Nora Allen?!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Very good issue. Builds suspense as we see Zoom explain to the unaware Allen who he is and why he's there. Curious about how he knew about her but whatever. Give us the next issue dude.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: He knew it from history files. In the future, Barry's identity is known.