DC Converso: Zoom, the Heroic Flash #1

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

My name is Eobard Thawne. And this is my story.

I guess it's the story about a young man fixated about the past. Or maybe about dreams. It could be the story about trying to make a difference.

But I guess that what this really is, is the story about how I died...

I was born in the 25th century. My parents genetically engineered me to be highly intelligent. Unfortunately, it also resulted in me becoming awkward when it came to being social. I preferred to be alone. Alone with my thoughts, my studies, and most imortantly of all; dreams. My dreams about being a hero.

My greatest interest was studying the power of one of the worst criminals of the 21st century, the age of super-criminals. His name was Barry Allen, the man who had named himself; the Flash. A mad scientist who had been traumatized as a child after his mother had been murdered. And when he was blessed with the power of speed, he decided to abuse his gift, trying to discover the secret behind time-traveling so that he could save his mother. And it involved becoming a public menace. Even though a band of heroes with questionable ethics did their best to stop him, he still managed to do many horrible things on his quest for knowledge.

Imagine all the wonderful things he could have done. How he could have helped humanity, instead of being remembered as one of the worst meta-humans in history.

In secret, I studied the Speedforce, the astounding energy source that gave the Flash his powers. It was highly illegal, since it could be used for timetravel, which had been outlawed after the Booster Gold incident. After years hard work, I finally managed to duplicate the incident that gave Allen the power of speed. Now a speedster, I could use the cosmic treadmill, Allen's time-traveling device that I had bought on the black marked. I now knew my life's purpose.

I was going to travel back in time, and become the adversary to the sinister Flash. I was going to be the hero Barry Allen didn't chose to be. With my knowledge of the history of the 21st century, I could prevent some of the terrible things the Flash had done to humanity.

I made a uniform similar to the Flash. But instead of one that called for blood like his did, I made mine yellow, a bright, optimistic color, to show that I would be his opposite: a force of good.

I should be known as; Zoom, the Heroic Flash.

No Caption Provided

To be continued...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TommytheHitman

Don't know why but I smiled when Zoom called his costume's primary colour "bright and optimistic" also I'm going to assume that the group of heroes with questionable ethics is the Rogues?

Good first issue. Gives us everything we need to know quickly although I don't get why Zoom is being the opposite of Barry.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Yeah, maybe I should change that... tomorrow, after I slept.

And yes, he is referring to the Rogues.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great chapter. Any plans for Hunter Zolomon since he's Zoom and Eobard is Professor Zoom?

And since in this universe Eobard didn't know about a Zoom existing in the past, I assume this means by going back in time he creates a new reality. So I guess all of our stories take place in this reality. No problems with it, it's just cool.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: .... Mindblown... didn't think of that... I guess it does.

And no, no plans for Zolomon so far. But let' just say that the title as Zoom will soon become... available.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cool good luck.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@waezi2: I have a hard time getting into these role-swapping stories. Still, not a bad start. A little short though, but I tend to write long chapters.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Good start

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Thanks, dude.

Hey, would you be interested in joining DC Converso?

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: The basic premise of the DCC universe is, that this universe's Superman, Flash, Batman and so on decided NOT to become heroes, but to use their powers for whatever selfish goal they had in mind, like Superman wanting to force the humans to be more like Kryptonians.

Because of this, the people who WOULD have been badguys in mainstream continuity becomes heroes... more or less. Like the Rogues(who Tommythehitman is going to write about), Bane and Sinestro.

If interested, here is the signup page: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-converso-sign-up-1698387/#27

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Bump (for later reading)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

NeonPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Great stuff. Love Professor Zoom's character in this and just in general.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: This is a good introduction.

I like the Booster Gold reference.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: I hoped it would inspire someone to at least a one-shot :)

Hope you enjoy the rest.