DC Converso: The Flash (Oneshot)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The Origin of the Flash.

Note: This takes place slightly before the current Rogues series.

Lightning crackled across the night sky, accompanied by cold, freezing rain which dripped down the glass window covering the wall of the Central City Police Station, it was a dark night... a night of horror considering what was running around the planet at this very moment. People with unimaginable power and skill had become common place... and many of these people didn't have the faintest idea what to do with their unique abilties, imbeciles like the Trickster and Mirror Master had been granted tools beyond comparison... and squandered these items on petty crime and other endeavours. Others... like the omnipotent beings in Africa seemed to have a better idea of the power they wielded... yet even they didn't understand their power to its fullest.

Nobody understood power like Barry Allen.

"Beautiful night isn't it?" Barry asked while calmly adjusting his bright red bow tie in the reflection of the window. He was around average height, somewhat thin... and his head was covered in dirty blonde hair that looked like it needed cutting. "I've always liked the rain." He commented while brushing his hair back. "Don't know why." Barry admitted while walking towards the room's light switch, the white of his lab coat stuck out in the darkness of the crime lab. Barry's fingers flicked against the switch, bathing the room in bright, yellow light. "Light is overrated." Barry mumbled while rubbing his eyes clear of any distortion the light had caused. "But it helps." He muttered while reaching for a pair of safety goggles he'd left on a nearby table. "...but it can hurt as well." He crouched to the ground and looked deep into the eyes of one of the people he had kidnapped and strapped to the side of one of the lab's tables. "I... I'm sorry, Forrest." He muttered. "I've completely forgotten what I was talking about." Slowly, Barry tore the duct tape he'd placed over his ex-colleague's mouth.

There were three of them in total. Each of them having irritated Barry in their own way, their names were James Forrest, Patty Spivot and Captain Frye... and each of them looked terrified.

"Goddamn it Allen..." Forrest said, tears dripping down his cheeks. "You're insane!"

A cruel smile passed over Barry's face, he patted Forrest on the shoulder and placed his goggles over his eyes. They were important... for protection.

"Come on, Forrest." Barry smirked before standing up and staring down at his captives. "We all go a little mad sometimes."

"You're fired."

Barry Allen blinked in surprise, his ears seemed incapable of processing what had just been said. He looked around quickly to see if there was someone else that Captain Frye could possibly be talking to... but there wasn't. There was just Barry and the Captain. Which meant Barry had just been fired.

"What?" Barry asked, his jaw hanging loose like it belonged to some kind of moron.

"I'm sorry Allen." Captain Frye sighed while glancing at his watch. "But you've been here for a month now.. and..." He seemed to be struggling with conjuring up the relevant words. "...you don't seem to be fitting in." The Captain was putting it lightly. Throughout Barry's time in the Precinct's Crime Labs he'd been... occupied. Spending all his time on a single case and ignoring everything around him.

Barry blinked several times while carefully processing all the relevant information.

"I've received complaints from your colleagues about your attitude towards them." Frye continued, seemingly bored with the whole encounter. "Apparenty you've been... pretty rude to them, really. Especially to Ms Spivot. You're never on time, never listen to any of your coworker's advice, NEVER assist on any of the cases... and since you've shown up, many of our lab's equipment has disappeared."

Frye stared at the young scientist seated across from him, a look of utter disdain on the young man's face, the Captain couldn't decide if Barry was listening to his every word or ignorning him completely.

"So I'm fired?" Barry finally asked. Frye seemed somewhat surprised by the young man's brash reply. Slowly, he nodded. "Finally." Barry said while getting up from his seat. "And they call ME 'the slowest man alive'." He spat while opening the office door. "Time waster."

As Barry entered the Crime Lab area of the Central City Police Station several pairs of eyes locked upon him, each belonging to the young scientist's coworkers.

"Weirdo." Patty Spivot muttered while walking past her now ex colleague's desk, Barry glared at her as she crossed the room before beginning to pull out some of the personal belongings he'd kept in his desk. Some pieces of office equipment, a picture of a younger Barry with his mother and his wallet.

"Hey, Flash!" Barry looked up to see Forrest staring at him from across the lab, standing next to one of the pieces of evidence the team was going through. "You gone?" He asked.

The word 'Flash' had become Barry's nickname after his constant late arrivals to work. It had started off as a friendly nickname when Barry had started... yet it had slowly become more of an insult after Barry's repeated... incidents with other members of staff.

"Yes, Forrest." Barry snapped, his eyes fixed on the golden metal stick being studied. "I'm FINALLY gone! Now you and your pathetic little labrats can get back to whatever it is you do. You don't have to try and impress me anymore."

"Thank god." Patty said, a smirk on her face. "With the 'fastest man alive' finally gone the rest of us mere mortals can finally cope with our own existence!"

Forrest grinned while placing the golden rod onto his desk, Barry suddenly realized why it looked so familiar, the stick was a lightning rod. Something he had encountered during the early years of his life... and had tried to forget about.

"Drinks are on me." Forrest mumbled to Patty, both grinning at the loss of their annoying coworker. Barry finished claiming the rest of his belongings and walked towards the exit.

"You're going to regret this." Barry promised before storming out the building.

"We'll need a pinch of this."

Barry pulled down a glass container filled to the brim with a strange green compound.

"A dab of that." This time he grabbed a container filled with red. "And... some of whatever this is."

Allen turned towards his victims, all completely helpless and at his mercy, Barry emptied out the compounds all over the floor surrounding his captives before tossing the empty containers over his shoulder.

"Ah..." Barry looked at the splashes on his jeans. "Dang it." He shrugged before walking towards the evidence cabinet, outside the window, bright blue lightning crackled once more across the sky.

"What are you doing?!" Forrest yelled, fear gripping his body, Patty and Frye making loud moaning sounds from behind their gags. When Allen turned back towards them he was gripping the lightning rod from earlier.

"I'm killing you." Barry muttered. "I thought it was obvious." He slammed the rod into the ground, specifically into the mess of chemicals he had just created and placed it into an upright position. "Making it look like an accident." He continued, calmly placing his hand on the lightning rod's tip. "Don't worry, Forrest. Your entire body is going to boil and rupture, your eye balls will melt, your eardrums will burst, your insides will burst... and after that... you won't feel a thi-"

BRAZZK!!!

No Caption Provided

Lightning tore through the buidling's rooft, tearing it to shreds before striking the lightning rod below, the pure electricity flowed through the metal rod before flowing through Barry's hand, causing the pool of chemicals by his feet to burst up into the air, completely showering him in the liquid before causing him to collapse to the ground in pain and cause his body to spasm violently on the floor.

"Allen!" Forrest yelled in horror, the body on the ground wriggling, a scream releasing from Barry Allen's mouth as a bright red material enveloped his body, covering his clothes and replacing them with something resembling armour, electricty crackled all around Barry's body.

"You... you were right..." The screaming stopped... and slowly Barry stood up, a bright yellow lightning bolt atop his chest, a maniacal look in his eyes beneath something resembling a mask. "So... VERY right." The bright red substance seemed to shimmer and shake with energy. "It's quite ironic really, Forrest." His voice crackled like static.

"What... what the hell?" Forrest gasped.

"I AM the Fastest Man Alive!"

No Caption Provided

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: "We all go a little mad sometimes." Nice Scream reference :)

Barry's a disgruntled employee, nice.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@tommythehitman: "We all go a little mad sometimes." Nice Scream reference :)

Barry's a disgruntled employee, nice.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By waezi2

@tommythehitman: Added to the library. And remember to ask for a cover in the PM:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/dc-converso-library-1698772/