waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

"Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!"

Bolphunga was one of the Corps most dangerous prisoners. A unintelligent, but very skilled bounty hunter with a hatred for Green Lanterns.

And now, he was hugging a former Green Lantern.

"You have NO IDEA what they did to me!" He cried. "I... I don't even remember ever being scared in my life!"

"Enough..."

"Well, there was this one time, but he was a planet, so that doesn't cou-"

"LET... GO... OF... ME!" Sinestro pushed Bolphunga away. "Get back to your cell immediately! No, wait... put your clothes on first..."

"... Yes, um, sir." Bolphunga grabbed his clothes, and ran to the cells.

"Now..." Sinestro looked at the unconscious, ringless traitors. There were 39. Seven had ran away with their tails between their legs(some of them LITERALLY). "Where are you, Jordan? Hiding behind minions seems a bit out of character for you."

"Right here, buddy." Jordan became visible. He had apparently learn how to make himself invisible, meaning that he was more skilled with a ring than the lat time he and Sinestro clashed. "And bravo! I'm actually surprised that it surprises me that you whipped my corps cans that easily."

"And now, you are going to fight me, after your tugs has worn me out?" Sinestro smiled. "Aren't you the brave one, Jordan."

"What can I say?" He replied with a shrug. "I guess I realized that fair play is overrated."

Sinestro attacked first, sending a beam of blue energy against his enemy. But Jordan created a yellow shield.

"Huh... I could feel that." Jordan smiled. "Your not using Green Lantern ring at all, are you?"

Sinestro's uniform changed from green to it's actual color; blue.

No Caption Provided

"Nice." Jordan dodged several small attacks from Sinestro. "Didn't know we could change the colors."

"Oh, I know much more about the potential of the ring than you ever will." Sinestro created a gigantic mace, and sent it flying after Jordan, forcing him up toward a wall. But from the look on his face, it could be assumed that Jordan was having fun.

"Heh..." A burst of yellow energy shattered Sinestro's construct. "Your ring is weaker than a Green Lantern ring." A gigantic sledgehammer appeared. "Now, THIS, is a REAL attack!"

The impact sent Sinestro flying to the other end of the city, and he crashed, creating a giant hole in the ground.

Fighting Jordan was different from the other Yellow Lanterns. The others had only recently received their ring, and had no idea how to use it to it's fullest(perhaps with the exception of Kilowog). But Jordan clearly had time to get to know his weapon, and he used it with passion.

The yellow power ring was fueled by fear. By the ability to create fear.

Jordan knew about that. The fear he could create be being destructive. When he was a kid, an angry boy who had lost his father, he found release in being violent. Not a bully, picking on those who were weak and defenseless. What would the fun be in that?

He picked up fights with the elder kids in his school, for no other reason than that he could. Because it was fun when a guy two years older than you realized that you were going to kick their cans.

And once he got the Green Lantern ring, well, it was the opportunity of a lifetime! Traveling through the galaxy, fighting aliens who could blow up planets, and and on top of it all be considered a hero.

And then, Sinestro ruined it all.

And it was HIM who made him realize that you should use your power to help the little people. That might makes right. That there was more to life than kicking @ss. He gave him a noble purpose.

And then he threw him in jail. Funny that.

The fight when on for half an hour. Not because they were equals, but because whatever fueled Sinestro's ring also messed with Jordan's. Made it less powerful. But it was still more powerful than whatever ring it was Sinestro used. And Sinestro was tired after fighting his corps, while Jordan had a fully charged ring. This time, Jordan had the advantage.

Jordan could have mashed him like a strawberry, if that was what he wanted. But he had something a bit more... physical in mind for the death of his former mentor.

"Remember what I told you, genius?" Jordan had his arms locked around Sinestro's neck. "Remember when I told you that I would snap your neck?"

"ACK... Rue-"

"What's that?" Jordan grinned, as he was strangling Sinestro. "Some famous last words?"

"Y-you fforgot... rule... number one..."

"... Rule number one?... Wait, what does watch your back have to do with-"

Jordan got hit in at the head from behind, and lost his grip on Sinestro, as well as landing on his lose. It started to bleed. As he looked up, he saw two of the Green Lanterns who managed to escape when he conquered Oa. Their names were Laira and Amon Sur.

"More Green Lanterns?" Jordan laughed. "Do you guys have a death-wish or..." Jordan looked at his hand. "What th- WHERE IS MY RING?!"

"... L--looking for t-this?" Sinestro coughed as he made a forced smile. He held Jordan's yellow ring between two fingers. "You should pay more attention to your belongings, Earthman."

"You damn b@stard..." Laira landed and took off her ring, so did Amon. "I am going to enjoy this more than I should."

"That you ever used my father's ring..." Amon cracked his knuckles. "THAT is unforgivable!" Amon fist made contact to Jordan's chin. "This is for our fallen comrades!"

"You were right, Jordan." Sinestro stepped on the yellow ring, crushing it. "Fair play is overrated."

A sever beating later...

The Sciencells were still functioning, since Jordan had no interest in the prisoners being free. In fact, he could use them as either slaves or, like Bolphunga, punching bags for his Lanterns. Maybe that was a mistake, since he was now locked inside one yet again.

"So... Here we are again." Sinestro had asked Amon and Laira for a moment alone with Jordan.

"Seems like it" The badly bruised Jordan spat out a teeth. "Did you enjoy the show?"

"Honestly, no. Believe it or not, but it was the last Guardians request. Who would have thought an elder of the universe could be so... angry."

"Admit it. You enjoyed seeing me getting what I deserved."

"Not really. Even after all you have done, I can't help it but to think of you as my... well..."

"HAHA!" Jordan felt a sting of pain as he laughed. "It's sad, isn't it? I'm most likely the closest thing in this universe that you got to a friend!"

"... Goodbuy, Jordan. Hopefully, we will never meet again. But I find it unlikely that I should be so lucky..."

"Oh, just you wait for round 3, Sinestro." Jordan mumbled for himself after Sinestro had left him. "Next time... Next time, I will have Parallax."

A few day later...

The memorial hall were the first place Jordan had ordered the traitors to wreck. Because of that, many of the brave souls who gave their lives in the service would now be forgotten. Scar the Last Guardian had decided that rebuilding the memorial hall should be the very first part of Oa to be reconstructed, so that the Lanterns Jordan had killed could be remembered.

The Lanterns. And the Guardians Of The Universe.

"My brothers, my sisters..." Scar shed a tear. Maybe it was first now, standing in front of the twelve statues of the fallen Guardians, that she truly realized that she was the last of her kind. "I will rebuild the corps. But it has to change. The power of the Green and Blue Lantern rings are not enough. Jordan could have been the most powerful Green Lantern we ever had, far greater than Sinetro. Instead, he has become the Corps greatest foe. The power of Will and Hope won't be enough. The Corps will need the power of Love, Compassion, possibly even Rage. And one day, but not now..." She made a timid smile, looking at the tiny object she held in her hand. "Oh, I have such plans for Sinestro. Such plans..."

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile, on Earth...

No Caption Provided

Coast City was no more.

It wasn't even a ghost town. It was a battlefield, if you could even call it that, used by John Stewart, the Yellow Lantern, and the man known as Warrior, a half-alien who wanted revenge.

"No one get's away with killing my sister!" His arm transformed into a canon. "My brother, maybe... But NOT my sister!"

"God, you annoy me, Gardner!" Yellow and red lights were fired constantly from the two sworn enemies.

But then, a strong blue light blinded them both.

"Both of you, surrender immediately! I'm Blue Lantern Sinestro, and I represent the Lantern Corps here on Earth. You are both under arrest!"

The end... for now...

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By waezi2
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Sweet! Good ending to a good mini series. I really like how you've made John and Guy part of Sinestro's rogues gallery.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wow very nicely done.

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is most DEFINITELY the best chapter. It blew me away. Some of the dialog and even the narration was just great! Despite some typos, this was great. And now I really wanna explore what happened with John and Guy PRE Sinestro coming through, but I don't think I could take on three titles. Maaayyyyybbbbbeeee a one-shot though that leads into the last scene of Sinestro #4.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is most DEFINITELY the best chapter. It blew me away. Some of the dialog and even the narration was just great! Despite some typos, this was great. And now I really wanna explore what happened with John and Guy PRE Sinestro coming through, but I don't think I could take on three titles. Maaayyyyybbbbbeeee a one-shot though that leads into the last scene of Sinestro #4.

Sure, that would be great.

And glad that you liked the story.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@waezi2: You suffer from some repetition "And once. And then. And it. And then" Four lines in sequence, there has got to be better ways to start a sentence; one's fine but four

"You were right, Jordan." Sinestro stepped on the yellow ring, crushing it. "Fair play is overrated." Nice

"No one get's away with killing my sister!" His arm transformed into a canon. "My brother, maybe... Bun NOT my sister!" But, I think you mean but

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By waezi2
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers