Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnr6Lil

DC Civil War Library

Outsider HQ, Manhattan

Luckily Batman had an alternate headquarters in Manhattan in case the first ever got destroyed. Things were going good for him actually. Even in the midst of war he was still able to keep up the Bruce Wayne persona. His injuries started to heal up and thanks to additional help from Aquaman he was able to gain mobility in his legs again. He now stood at his computer developing an exo-skeleton to combat Superman the next time they faced off in combat. It was colored black and red on the computer, designed almost similar to the one Clark Kent used in their first encounter in Central Park. As he was in his chair, in his usual quiet manner designing, Green Lantern & Shayera walked up to him.

Shayera being the first to begin speaking "So how's the back, Bruce?"

Batman still looking at the blueprints "Better, though I can say that I could've developed a way to heal it myself."

"Oh really, than why did you need Aquaman to do it for you." It was odd for John Stewart to be joking in a time like this. Maybe Kara's influence on him has started to sink in after 5 years.

Batman looked at John "Don't mock me, it was only for strategy. At the end of the day I need to be the leader both in and out the field, we can't lose next time."

"We won't..."

Walking out of the darkness was Slade, dressed in his standard combat suit. Surprisingly he was just as dedicated to the cause as a lot of the heroes on the team. He had his children to protect. Shayera & John just stared at him, wondering what he had to say.

Batman standing up from his chair, glared at Slade. "And how would you know that?"

"At the end of the day...there's still weaknesses....weakness that can be exploited. Did you really think that after all these years that I or any other intelligent mastermind haven't developed my own set of counter-measures against the League. 5 years is a lot of time."

Batman's eyes began to tense "But how?"

Slade chuckled "Oh no, I didn't hack in to your computers, and I don't even know the exact counter-measures, but you forget I've fought the Titans, Just know that I have ways of defeating my enemies, ways that will allow us to defeat the League. All you can do is be grateful."

John pointed his fist at Deathstroke with his ring shining a bright lime green hue. "Or we can get rid of you. I honestly don't see that with a team that houses Orion & Aquaman we need....a thug."

Deathstroke was actually taken aback by what John just said "Because I have dedication, I have a daughter to fight for, this isn't about allegiances, this isn't even about satisfaction, it's my mission."

Batman nodded at Slade in respect.

"And this is my mission" a voice said.

All three of the heroes...and villain turned in the direction to see The Question who had the Flash's body slumped over his shoulder & The Huntress.

In her playful voice, Helena Bertinelli remarked "Well look who we have here."

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Fate's Dimension.

Dr. Fate amazed at Grodd's return "It still amazes me how you were able to survive space and come back to prominence."

Gorilla Grodd with his yellow teeth shining smiled at Kent Nelson "My telepathic energy allowed me to shield myself from space, and I found Tala who still retained some magical energy left. Of course we spent years searching for ways, to bring her back to power. All we want is Batman, and as the Sorceror Supreme I'm sure you know where he is."

Dr. Fate, in a disappointing tone responded "I can't. Judging by your inactivity, I can tell that you've forsaken the criminal lifestyle, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion, but it goes against my rules."

Tala disgusted Fate wouldn't grant the wishes of her love "What rulez?"

Dr. Fate replying calmly "The rules that bind me to my duty. I can not assist in this Metahuman Civil War despite my own personal feelings on it, especially if one is simply doing it for revenge."

Grodd slowly starting to become angrier by the second lashed out "But why, you've spent countless times interfering with the state of affairs."

"Yes but for the good of humanity. This conflict as corrupt as it may be, or even be run still works in both favors. There is no good or bad. Anything I do can tip the scales in the wrong direction."

The Spectre finally stepped in. "I'll do it."

Fate looked at him "You'll what?!"

The Spectre in his chilling voice spoke "This is a score that must be settled. The Prescence made sure to specifically bring back America's most notorious criminals in Grodd & Luthor. They are destined to fight each other."

And with that, the Spectre extended his arm as a white portal now came to fruition.

Grodd smiled at him and exited into the portal along with Tala.

Kent not wishing to engage in anymore conflicts with The Spectre looked at him in subliminal disgust "You may've just endangered humanity."

"I believe I'll let the ruler of all answer that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Cadmus HQ, New York

Lex sat in his office, once again going over the reports of arrested heroes. Even The Joker was apprehended a few times before he escaped. Registration was still at a high, but CADMUS officers now had to resort to brutality to make sure those resisting arrest were detained. After all, the more heroes that go unregistered the more chances of the system itself crumbling. Though Lex grew suspicious that The Flash wasn't captured.

Soon walking into his room were two of the Trinity themselves. Superman & Wonder Woman dressed in their costumes both looked at Lex Luthor with scorn. It seemed that he was now the Director of CADMUS, & Waller was becoming the figurehead.

Looking up from his papers he stared at both heroes "And what is it you desire?"

Superman with strong hurt and rage in his voice, gritted through his teeth "What did you do with the Flash?"

Wonder Woman gripped her lasso of truth, ready to use it if it came to it.

Lex, who was still much changed from his days of being the corrupt corporate thug now looked at both heroes with sincerity "I'll admit it. The Flash decided he was done with Registration, he didn't feel it meshed with his role as a good guy. So in order to stop the opposition from recruiting him, I sent ZOOM to hunt him down, and bring him to me as a prisoner."

Wonder Woman who was now filled to the cup runneth over with anger that he would try to hurt someone who was a brother to her.

"How dare you, Flash was as loyal to this cause as anyone, and you assault him with his archenemy? Saving the world or not, you're still the scum Flash defeated 5 years ago, and deep down you envy him."

Lex grinned at both heroes "Well I can't say somethings don't change. Even your love for the Batman"

Wonder Woman offended at that comment "What?!"

"Oh you know what I mean Diana, you may believe in Registration but can you truly say to yourself there wasn't ulterior motives behind supporting this. That this was just a way to get back at Batman for choosing Catwoman over you."

Wonder Woman rested her case. It was true. Part of this was in a way her own revenge. She may've not been as despicable but easily just as selfish as Luthor.

"Exactly"

In a blaze of speed, Superman now had his hand around Lex Luthor's neck who was now gasping for air "I don't care what you've done, and it's true you may've saved my life, but I guarantee if you step out of line one more time, you will see hell. Once I've fulfilled my commitment to the people, I'm done. I believe in MRA, but it's costing me friends who are just as much family to me, as the people are. But I'm a man of my word...so I'll fight your war, but once it ends I'm gone. I'm retiring. Let Captain Atom, Uncle Sam, Captain Marvel or even that new kid Magog take over. I know that's what you want anyway."

Wonder Woman nodded "I also. I've grown disillusioned with what this war is really about. Once registration is in full effect, I expect Waller to be taken out of CADMUS, along with you also. As Director of Metahuman Affairs, I will have a say on what goes on from here on now."

It's true, Lex actually did want Superman out of the spotlight for a new government subservient hero to take over. He just never thought that now it would come so easy.

Dropping Lex, who breath heavily, unable to even smirk that things were working in his favor, sort of, Superman and his ally walked out the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Oval Office, Washington D.C.

The President was busy looking over government papers. as soon the lights in the office went out.

Now looking at him in the dark was a man in a green hood with with a poison tipped arrow aimed at the neck of the leader of the United States.

The man now spoke in his typical jolly but now cold nature "Meet Green Arrow"

No Caption Provided

To Be Continued....

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

3 more issues to the finale of this storyline.