• 68 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

This is similar to Marvel: The Iron Age only with DC characters. (Kind of like DC:Genesis is to Marvel:Genesis)

Plot: In the 41rst Century, soon after the Legion of Super heroes disbanded, the United Nations fell apart.Unbeknownst to them, the 5th World of New Gods was arising. They quickly killed the old Gods of the 4th world, and later set their sights for Earth. After years of battling it's heroes, the 5th World of New Gods finally was able to enslave the Earth, ruling as dictators over the planet. To assert their hold over Earth, the 5th Age of New Gods destroyed all connections it had to other planets. only connections could be snuck in by trafficking (Which was punishable by death) Vigilantism was outlawed, with the exception of the Justice Lords, who were in the employ of The Overlords. Their technology prevented anyone from leaving the era via Time travel...Earth was on it's own...but there was something they did not count for. An age of heroes long dead have started arising....and they are here to take Earth back!

This is where you (the writer) comes in. Create a character either descended from heroes in Modern day DC/Legion of Super Heroes era, (or a completely unrelated character) to write their adventures. Pitch an origin story and you'll be added to a PM.

I am also looking for two other people (besides me) to help run things, as I am not on the Vine as much as most people. They (and I) will be there to approve stories/give advice, give people permission to write characters, make sure continuity flows, etc.

NOTE: Just because a character appears on a team does not mean that he/she cannot have his/her own solo adventures. (Ex. Superman can be on the JLA but still have a solo series)

CHARACTERS BEING WRITTEN:

Professor Zoom and the Teen Titans - primepower53/nickthedevil

  • Professor Zoom
  • Robin
  • Aqualad
  • Speedy
  • Wonder Girl
  • Kid Flash
  • Superboy
  • Beast Boy

Superman - joshmightbe

Migraine- Batkevin74

Red Hood - Time_Phantom

Captain Marvel - Spiderbat87

Supergirl - punkpuppy3

Rocket Red - Project_Worm

Stormwatch - spiderbat87

  • Jenny Quantum
  • Midnighter
  • Apollo
  • Eminence of Blades
  • Projectionist
  • Engineer
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Jack Hawksmoor

Justice Society of America - PrinceIMC

  • Black Adam
  • Hawkman
  • Hawkgirl
  • Metamorpho
  • Dr. Fate (guest star)

Nightwing and Oracle - PrinceIMC

Batman - TDK_1997

Justice League: primepower53

  • Superman (Are Eth)
  • Batman (Mitchell Bennet)
  • Wonder Woman (Artemis Prince)
  • Flash (Harry Allen)
  • Green Lantern (Jim Knight)
  • Martian Manhunter (J'mm J'ssf)
  • Aquaman (Garth)

EDITORS: Primepower53, Capfanboy, The Poet

#2 Posted by batkevin74 (10587 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Love it! I'm in. Can do the writing part but the admin/editor role is for someone else. Will pitch you a story this week

#3 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 said:

@primepower53: Love it! I'm in. Can do the writing part but the admin/editor role is for someone else. Will pitch you a story this week

thanks!

the admin/editor role is for anyone who wants it/thinks they are organized enough to do it. I look forward to hearing your pitch (and hopefully others) the OP has also been edited with a new title by me (don't worry, once someone gets a pitch up I'm not allowed to change characters. :P) and a rule I forgot to mention to go along with it. I'll shoot you a PM and anyone else interested can pitch a story and will be added.

#4 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to do something for this just need to decide who to write, already have some ideas running in my head, do you have any ideas for Superman? If anyone has dibs on him I will pick someone else

#5 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Nope. Everything seen here is who has dibs on what

#6 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: I would be willing to help with the whole editing/suggesting thing if you need help...

I don't really like to write fan-fics myself (I'm more novel writer...maybe one day I'll share one or two), but any help I can offer others I would be glad to give...

Moderator
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Well I know you've claimed Superboy so I didn't know if Superman was still available. I'll work up a pitch and get back to you asap

#8 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

ALMOST FORGOT MY PITCH: Richard Hayden, inspired by the tales of Robin from thousands of years ago, trained himself in body and mind to take over and fight the oppressive overlords. He decided he would need some help, and went to great lengths to form his team. Finding the Prince of Atlantis, Garzz (no last name) and enlisted him as Aqualad and enlisted him. The two sought local resistance member of Star City Mark Masters. alias Speedy. Aqualad used his connection with Atlantis' government to find princess of the amazons Marina Prince as Wonder Girl. Wonder Girl then sought out the meta human Ben Valor also known as Kid Flash Ben then recruited his lifelong friend, Van El who was a Daxamite secretly smuggled onto the planet. Under the name of Superboy. The team then found The original Beast Boy's only living relative: Ron Brande, and recruited him as the new Beast Boy.

They are now banded together to stop chaos and overthrow The 5th New Gods as THE TEEN TITANS!

#9 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Calling out anyone who might be interested in this group:

#10 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey could I write a series called the Outlaws? I'll think of a roster asap

#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@punkpuppy3 said:

Hey could I write a series called the Outlaws? I'll think of a roster asap

SURE! Go ahead!

#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (9579 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:

Calling out anyone who might be interested in this group:

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 @iLLituracy @RazzaTazz @TDK_1997 @Project_Worm @PrinceIMC @AmazingFantasy15

Sure count me in
Moderator
#13 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@RazzaTazz said:

@primepower53 said:

Calling out anyone who might be interested in this group:

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 @iLLituracy @RazzaTazz @TDK_1997 @Project_Worm @PrinceIMC @AmazingFantasy15

Sure count me in

What character might you want to write?

#14 Posted by RazzaTazz (9579 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53: Not sure, would have to think about it, maybe something to do with GLC
Moderator
#15 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

So here's my roster: Ravager-Isabella Vandal, Toria-Andromida, Impulse-Gregory Thompson, Powerboy-Matt Morse, Bugg-Emily Blackwood, Solstice-Amelia Hyde, Static-Steven Harold, Miss Martian-E'Maa E'Zzer (I based them off Geoff John's first team of Titans)

My pitch: Isabella Vandal had been a normal girl her whole life until the day her mother and father were killed right in front of her eyes by a man named Slaughter. She then caught out too get revenge and trained by the deadliest assassin named Deathstroke who raised her like a daughter. When her training is complete he tells her the Slaughter runs a organization consisting of deadly assassins, insane metahumans, and ruthless aliens and if she wants her revenge she can't do it alone. She then dawns the name Ravager and enlists the help of the rebellious amazon Toria, the belligrent speedster Impulse, airheaded powerhouse Powerboy, mischievous thief Bugg, insacure light enitety Solstice, super-charged genius Static, and the bounty hunter Miss Martian too take down Slaughter and his marry men and women

What do you think?

#16 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@punkpuppy3 said:

So here's my roster: Ravager-Isabella Vandal, Toria-Andromida, Impulse-Gregory Thompson, Powerboy-Matt Morse, Bugg-Emily Blackwood, Solstice-Amelia Hyde, Static-Steven Harold, Miss Martian-E'Maa E'Zzer (I based them off Geoff John's first team of Titans)

My pitch: Isabella Vandal had been a normal girl her whole life until the day her mother and father were killed right in front of her eyes by a man named Slaughter. She then caught out too get revenge and trained by the deadliest assassin named Deathstroke who raised her like a daughter. When her training is complete he tells her the Slaughter runs a organization consisting of deadly assassins, insane metahumans, and ruthless aliens and if she wants her revenge she can't do it alone. She then dawns the name Ravager and enlists the help of the rebellious amazon Toria, the belligrent speedster Impulse, airheaded powerhouse Powerboy, mischievous thief Bugg, insacure light enitety Solstice, super-charged genius Static, and the bounty hunter Miss Martian too take down Slaughter and his marry men and women

What do you think?

Pretty good. Only one problem: This takes place in the 41rst Century, so Deathstroke would be dead...

#17 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I wasn't talking about Slade

#18 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Got it.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel? Can I come up with a pitch tomorrow, it's to late to think it up now? 

#20 Posted by nickthedevil (11893 posts) - - Show Bio

Limited strictly to heroes? Can i do Zoom? :P i mean, lets be real, the dude's more of a "anti-hero" than a Villain.

#21 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Limited strictly to heroes? Can i do Zoom? :P i mean, lets be real, the dude's more of a "anti-hero" than a Villain.

Sure! Just have to create a way for him to survive/origin for a new Zoom.

#22 Posted by nickthedevil (11893 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a sec... Which Zoom is acceptable? :)

#23 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Wait a sec... Which Zoom is acceptable? :)

any Zoom you want. As long as you make sure that you explain HOW either Zoom managed to live into the 41rst Century. (Unless it's a new Zoom or some time travel thing)

#24 Posted by nickthedevil (11893 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll use Eobard Thawne. Professor Zoom over Zoom any day. Sign me up for Professor Zoom :)

#25 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have an intro for Superman up soon

#26 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

Reply me or Primepower53 if you are interested in this, so you can propose your story and then we can add you to the pm...

Moderator
#27 Posted by batkevin74 (10587 posts) - - Show Bio

Just PM'd the group my idea about the guy out of time idea who ends up in the 41st Century, he's a Legionairre!

#28 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be interested in this, dunno who I'll write yet though but I'm in.

#29 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

An updated Red Hood and the OutLaws given the time phantom treatment sound cool to me.

Right now I'm envisioning them as kind of a mercenary organization, taking the jobs no one else wants to take, and on occasion do a little enforcing for the 5th world order. Things would change, however as the RedHood (who may or may not have anything to do with batman in this universe depends on who's writing him) is leader of these Outlaws, he starts to feel a measure of guilt for what he's done and goes to set things right.

It might sound corny but let me write an intro and let you see it Primepower or whomever is moding the Pm and it'll make more sense.

#30 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh just red some other posts... it would seem someone else is doing OutLaws... I still want RedHood.

#31 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, thing Time_Phantom! Just explain how he's surviving in the 41rst century! (OR create a new one!) :D

#32 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

OP has been edited

#33 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

I swear to god, these whole "new take" projects are getting too much. I feel like WOTC after Magic was released

#34 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

I swear to god, these whole "new take" projects are getting too much. I feel like WOTC after Magic was released

it's more of an original character thing. Plus I've been shifting from Marvel fanboy-ism to DC fanboy-ism and wanted to see what it would be like to create my own group. (Though truth be told I'm not too sure how well it's going to go since we only have a few writers. BUT WHAT CAN I DO? ABANDON THE PROJECT?)

#35 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: Shifting you say!!! TRAITOR!!! NO MATTER HOW MUCH BETTER DC IS SINCE MARVEL STARTED SUCKING...MARVEL SHALL ALWAYS HAVE SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!

#36 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53: Shifting you say!!! TRAITOR!!! NO MATTER HOW MUCH BETTER DC IS SINCE MARVEL STARTED SUCKING...MARVEL SHALL ALWAYS HAVE SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!

DC HAS BATMAN, SUPERMAN (Action Comics version) AND MANY MORE AMAZING TITLES!

#37 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: MARVEL HAS SPIDER-MAN!!! AND...SPIDER-MAN!!! AND THOR! AND CAP! AND HAWKEYE! AND--AND SPIDER-MAN! AND HANK PYM!

#38 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53: MARVEL HAS SPIDER-MAN!!! AND...SPIDER-MAN!!! AND THOR! AND CAP! AND HAWKEYE! AND--AND SPIDER-MAN! AND HANK PYM!

Clutching at straws. I leave you to wallow in your own, sickening love for Marvel

#39 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: BUT SPIDER-MAN!!!! Which I must admit is the only good title from Marvel I'm reading besides Venom and even that isn't too good anymore.

Let's rack up the points

MARVEL:

Spider-man.

Daredevil.

DC:

Batman

The Flash

Green Lantern

Justice League

Action Comics

Dammit. Running out of points.

SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

#40 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53: BUT SPIDER-MAN!!!! Which I must admit is the only good title from Marvel I'm reading besides Venom and even that isn't too good anymore.

Let's rack up the points

MARVEL:

Spider-man.

Daredevil.

DC:

Batman

The Flash

Green Lantern

Justice League

Action Comics

Dammit. Running out of points.

SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON AND JOIN US! JOIN US, CAPPIE! JOOIIIN US!

#41 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: I-I-I-I I find it hard to resist-- clawing at me, like a lizard--- or worse-- ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!

*A monster is born*

ACTION COMI--

But the monster stops, catches itself and reverts back to human form.

SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!

#42 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53: I-I-I-I I find it hard to resist-- clawing at me, like a lizard--- or worse-- ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!!!

*A monster is born*

ACTION COMI--

But the monster stops, catches itself and reverts back to human form.

SPIDER-MAN!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU MUST JOIN US!

#43 Posted by CapFanboy (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: I have my dear boy, happy now?

#44 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@CapFanboy said:

@primepower53: I have my dear boy, happy now?

YES I AM!

#45 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

WE NEED MORE WRITERS!

#46 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53: the name of Batkevin74's legionnaire has been revealed to be Migraine, so that could be updated on the first post

Moderator
#47 Edited by Project_Worm (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

My first thought was the Blue Beetle... But now I'm Thinking that I want to write Rocket Red. So can I get him? Also I'd like to try my hand at an admin type job... If the job is not taken I mean.

#48 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm said:

My first thought was the Blue Beetle... But now I'm Thinking that I want to write Rocket Red. So can I get him? Also I'd like to try my hand at an admin type job... If the job is not taken I mean.

the admin job is taken. But you can write up to three titles so you can write both characters!

#49 Posted by Project_Worm (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright. Nah I think I'll just stick with Rocket, I'm having enough trouble getting stuff out as it is. :p

#50 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Project_Worm: just give him a way to have survived into the 41rst century.