DC: 5th World Order: Green Lantern-Part One

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

My name is Jim Knight, and it's taken every ounce of willpower I have to get to this point in my life. I fly through the halls of Oa, emerald energy crackling through my veins like a blissful fire. An emerald ring, perched on my finger, proudly displaying the Lantern insignia. Sodam Yat, the last Guardian, is there to meet me as the ring guides me into his great hall. As I stare around in awe, my mind wanders, and I begin to remember how I got here...

It was less than a week ago. Through training in different fighting styles across the globe, and gaining much material wealth (which I had to give up to complete my task) I was able to either take down or bribe every man guarding the Overlords' trophy room.

As I dug through each item, cape, jewel, weapon and belonging, I reminded myself why I was doing this. For my Great Great Grandfather, the last Starman. He was killed defending the Earth from the original Onslaught of the Overlords. They took his cosmic rod, and now I needed it...but it was then that I found something even better....

The ring flew through the door, buzzing like a gnat just outside my ear. It spoke.

"Jim Knight, you have the ability to overcome great fear...I am a power ring sent by the Guardian of Oa."

I asked the question that had been on my mind since I knew about the last legendary Green Lantern: Hal Jordan. "Where have the Green Lanterns been for so long?"

"Guardian Sodam Yat restricted me from finding a new host until I had found a worthy Earth man. He believes only humans are worthy of Space Sector 2814."

"How did you get past defenses? I thought nothing could breach it to get into Earth from outside?"

"Lantern rings are indestructible, thus, I was able to break through any and all defenses keeping ring 2814 out." I stared at it for about five minutes, unsure of what to do. Finally, I snatched it out of the air and put it on my finger.

"Take me to Oa."

I felt my body leap into the air and past defenses as it guided me to Oa.

That pretty much brings us up to speed. Now, Sodam Yat stands above me, the silence is agonizing. He stares me down, almost as if he's studying me. "Jim Knight." He says, "You are the first worthy Earth Lantern in over one thousand years...." He exhales, and says sternly

"It is time to start your training...."

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#1  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cool

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

Nice work! Starman Lantern is a great idea, hopefully he gets both to make a Green Cosmic Ring-Rod!