Current Fan-Fic Groups

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#1  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

Hello and welcome to the 3.0 collection thread for Current Fan Fic Groups! (2.0 and 1.0)

What is a Fan-Fic Group?

Think of FF groups as a collection of writers all creating content with an overarching theme (perhaps they are part of the same universe or perhaps they just have the same idea). Joining a Fan Fic group is a great way for users who are just beginning to begin posting stories, get advice from more experienced writers, have your stories be edited before you publish them as a thread or just get to know the community. They are a lot of fun and you just might grow as a writer!

Current Fan-Fic Groups

CV Writers Guild

An anthology format where users submit stories for a weekly edition which is pinned in the FF thread each month.

DC-Recreated

A group where you get to Re-Create anything you want about all your favorite DC characters

DC Zombies

At the end of the world, there are no heroes, no villains. Only the living and the dead.

5th Column Comics

A year ago Indigo City was ravaged by a mysterious explosion released a blue gas, spawning both a brief Zombie invasion and a new race of superpowered humans known as "carriers." What was the blue gas? Where did it come from? How will the commonwealth react to this new carrier race? How will the carriers adapt to their new lives? and most importantly: What comes next? You'll have to read to find out.

Horror Inc

Modern day versions of the classic tales designed to make you scream.

Marvel: The Iron Age

A dystopian future fan fic group, where Iron Soldiers rule the world with a (no pun intended) iron grip. Led by Stryfe, the clone of Cable. But heroes fight back! This version, you can make your own character future based on the characters alive (or dead) in today's Marvel Comics. Now 2.0 version

Marvel Mayhem

From Asgard to New York, this fan fic group takes from any continuity and pieces it together into a new universe that is suspiciously similar to the old one, but with some changes. It's Mayhem!

Splicers

Future geneticists engineer children (called splicers), who later develop extraordinary abilities leading to fear and prejudice. Make up your own characters!

Want to start a new group?

If you don't see a group you are really interested in, you can totally start your own by creating a thread and seeing who is interested in participating in said group!

Note: If you have a group and it is not listed above, know that I am human and if you give me the main thread, collection thread and who to contact I will add your group to the above list. Thanks!

______

Trending

Marvel Knights

5th Column Comics

DC Converso

Crank.

Inactive

Closed/defunct

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Shaman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shaman94

Do you have to be in a guild to post fan fiction?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@shaman94 said:

Do you have to be in a guild to post fan fiction?

nope! you can post any stories you want (as long as they follow our Fan-Fic Rules which aren't that bad). I like groups because you have sort of a support system which is nice way to start out here and our writers guild is a very friendly place where you can write anything. However, if you post in the forum you would still have our lovely community who are always very thoughtful and able to help if you need it (might even suggest something you yourself hadn't even thought of yet). Welcome to comicvine and the FF section btw.

Shaman94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: Thank you for answer sir. It's releaving to know that and thank you for your time. It's good to be here by the way.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

@rulerofthisuniverse@themanintheshoe@maccyd who should I list as the person to contact for DC Re-Created? Up to you guys. Also if you want a discription more than what I have above I invite you to write something...

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The Poet  Moderator

@cbishop: thank you for reminding me. I keep seeing stories for that and I kept thinking I would add them to this thread...

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Poet  Moderator
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingMagnus

@the_poet: I have a group: Superman:Krypton's Lantern

We all know Superman, the man who stands for truth, justice and the American way! But what happens of he never made to Earth? What happens if he arrived on Oa?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The Poet  Moderator
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Superman: Krypton's Lantern

We all know Superman, the man who stands for truth, justice and the American way! But what happens of he never made to Earth? What happens if he arrived on Oa?

So this is our summary or whatever this is called. Sounds like those cheesy movie commercials. Dave has always been bad with the ladies, but what happens when he accidentally gets transferred into an all girls private school? *cue the music and montage*

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SaintWildcard

@the_poet: Might as well take off Krypton's Lantern. Our oh so great leader bailed and never wrote anything.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The Poet  Moderator

@saint_wildcard: removed

yeah, we need to make an unoffical rule about having at least one story before they are added: meaning they have been organized and are progressing

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sounds awesome.

Unfortunately, I don't see any group right for me, and I don't think anyone is going to join my group. I suppose we'll see how it ends up when I post my first fan fic.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds awesome.

Unfortunately, I don't see any group right for me, and I don't think anyone is going to join my group. I suppose we'll see how it ends up when I post my first fan fic.

I always return a favor, what's it about?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: Thanks, bud, but I still have multiple ideas running through my head and I haven't really settled with the one I'm gonna stick with and write about yet. I'll let you know when I know what I'm going for, if that's alright with you?

And let me ask you this: Do you like LotR and have you seen the movies (+The Hobbit)?

That is most likely what it will be on, but I'm still undecided.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep not getting your notifications :/

@saint_wildcard: Thanks, bud, but I still have multiple ideas running through my head and I haven't really settled with the one I'm gonna stick with and write about yet. I'll let you know when I know what I'm going for, if that's alright with you?

Sure

And let me ask you this: Do you like LotR and have you seen the movies (+The Hobbit)?

Never seen them

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: ¿WTF? I'm not getting your notifications either.

Alright.

And Shiite. That's most likely what it will be on. We'll see for sure in a little bit.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: That was great. Sounded cool. If you wanted to add me to the PM for more details, that's be nice.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SaintWildcard

@the_poet can i create a thread on the Superman section that links to any Superman centric fan-fics?

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The Poet  Moderator

@the_poet can i create a thread on the Superman section that links to any Superman centric fan-fics?

I will admit I'm hesitant in what my answer should be. I wouldn't stop you from say making a list of superman fan fics where clark has brown hair as apposed to black to make some point or whatever (I don't know what you are planning so I'm just making up stuff), but we have to be aware of how much we are advertising. If I say yes then some users who read this (not you but some since this is a pinned thread) and they will go and make a thread in every single character who even casts a shadow in their fan fic with the opening post consisting of, " hey bros i wrote a fan fick u should chex it out!!!! :) " or similar phrasing which is equally grammatically horrendous (and I am not making any of this up since I speak from experience).

So...yes you can, but just be aware of how you are advertising. I know you would do a better job than some individuals (spelling and other aspects), but just be aware of your phrasing. Advertising in other portions of the site has always been ticklish. For as long as I can remember lot of good people have joined the site and created threads advertising their site or comic or show or whatever (not spambots...good honest people who just want to drum up support) and those threads had a spammy quality (I wish I had a better word but you get my point how they seemed like they were spam). It might not be as bad since you are established as a user, but advertisement is always hard.

I hope that...sort of...kind of...answers your question (it was kind of a tightrope act). Of course there is the other posiblity which would be where I misread it and you are asking whether you can site superman related stories in superman related discussions in which case I will write a slightly different much shorter answer.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: "Note: If you have a group and it is not listed above, know that I am human and if you give me the main thread, collection thread and who to contact I will add your group to the above list. Thanks!" Cbishop has the collection blog, I believe, and Dngn is the man to contact. 5th Column Comics.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The Poet  Moderator
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: Well there you go. Great minds think alike.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@the_poet:

5th Column Summary: A year ago Indigo City was ravaged by a mysterious explosion released a blue gas, spawning both a brief Zombie invasion and a new race of superpowered humans known as "carriers." What was the blue gas? Where did it come from? How will the commonwealth react to this new carrier race? How will the carriers adapt to their new lives? and most importantly: What comes next? You'll have to read to find out.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The Poet  Moderator
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HenryDWR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so, I have started a group called Return to Amalgam. Here is the fanfic group's main page, here is the library, and contact me if you wanna join.

Description: Amalgam Comics is back, where you can mix and match characters from Marvel and DC and make them one! Preferably, you create your own amalgams, but old ones are acceptable too.

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Would someone be willing to make a group with me?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@lowlaville: Depends what it is. Send a PM and I'll see what I can do to help

LORD_OF_HELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74 said:

@cbishop: @the_poet: @wildvine this may need an update

@wildvine, I could make a "groups" box in the Fic-O-Pedia pin if you want. That would do two things: 1) reduce the number of pins (if you were to let this one loose, that is), which is something you mentioned in the past week, and 2) solve that redundancy problem I was trying to figure out where groups are concerned. Let me know. :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@cbishop:

You round them up and I'll edit.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@the_poet: How about a group for star wars, fantasy, spies, or interesting meetings for characters.

Just some thoughts. I myself may only post a little but it would be very fun for other im sure and i would like to see what they did.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Poet hasn't been around for awhile, but Wildvine is minding the store. Put it out there on the forum, but don't just sit back waiting for stories to read- write some of your own as well! What makes the forum fun is seeing what each other comes up with. :)

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@cbishop: Ok. Thanks! I'll have to go work on that.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet: I created one, not that anyones joined yet, but it's "members of coldstone"

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

Suppose I should of posted this here no?

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/reclaimed-earth-concept-group-proposal-1783914/#2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Hey @wildvine this may need an updating at some stage. Not right now, not even this week, but soon

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers