CROSSOVER DISASTER: Harley Quinn/Bomb Queen #1

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

Note: The worlds used in this story are the Image Universe and DC's "Earth V," the earth in which the events of Injustice: Gods Among Us take place.

I also realize that Green Arrow is dead. Headcanon, Earth Prime Green Arrow stayed on Earth V, and also brought Black Canary. He now lives with both the Earth Prime and Earth V Canaries, like the pimp he is.

---------------------------

“Stop her!” Cyborg shouted out, the pistons in his mechanical legs sending him springing forward at incredible speeds, his arm-cannon starting to charge up. “She can't get to that machine!”

Oliver Queen – better known as Starling City's Green Arrow – turned his head briefly as the half-robotic Justice Leaguer charged past him. “Stop who? What's going on?” he quickly barked out, but Cyborg had already turned a corner in the Watchtower and was out of earshot. “What the hell...?”

Ollie turned around to look behind him, only to see another League member, Aquaman, running forward. “Arthur!” the emerald archer called out, “What's happening? Is there a security breach?”

“Where have you been, Oliver?” Aquaman shouted as he ran past, summoning his aquatic trident into his hand. “The Watchtower's been infiltrated! Harley Quinn's inside!”

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

One year had passed since the Regime had crumbled, and things were only very slowly beginning to piece themselves back together. Earth Prime's Superman had sent the otherworldly dictator to the Phantom Zone, and without that twisted vision of Superman, the Regime had fallen.

Of course, Superman had not been the only of Earth Prime's heroes to stop... well, Superman. Many other heroes, even some villains, had involved themselves in bringing down the tyranny that was threatening to consume all that was good in the world. Even some of the most unlikely of people.

Though, it wasn't like paradise had any chance of lasting forever. It was a mixed up world, to be totally honest, and anywhere that both Doomsday and the Joker were still alive was a place that wasn't at all safe. And, though many of this strange world's old heroes had either died or been corrupted by their icon's dark influence, many had cleaned up their act. A new Justice League had formed, consisting of Batman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, Aquaman, Hawkgirl, Cyborg, and Ares. They were an unlikely seven, that much was clear. But they were getting the job done.

Except now. Right now they were doing a pretty terrible job.

“Where's that Lobo guy when ya need him?” Harley chirped to herself, dashing around a corner. Hawkgirl's mace came hurtling through the air after her, which she promptly flipped over. She had to admit, that little pill she'd taken a couple years back had really changed her style of living – no more worrying that any hit from any ol' hero would smush you to goop. Not that she liked getting hit, if she could avoid it.

“Nyehehehe!” Harley giggled, blowing a raspberry at Hawkgirl as she flipped past, getting deeper and deeper into the heart of the Watchtower, not that she had any clue where she was going. “Can't catch me, bird-chick, I'm the Gingerbread Ma—EEK.”

The clowngirl skidded to a halt as a massive, darkly-armored figure shimmered in front of her in a puff of scarlet smoke. The figure's deep, booming voice echoed around Harley, and that red mist began to form into a hurricane of slowly-rotating bladed weapons. “You have made a grave mistake,” Ares intoned.

“Yeah, I did!” Harley squeaked. “Your breath is like, pee-yew, I expected better from the God of War!” One booted foot landed onto the blade of one axe, bouncing off. She then landed with her tip-toes on the pommel of a rotating sword and sprung off of it as well, somersaulting gracefully over Ares' head and dropping a brightly-colored and deceptively heavy cupcake into his hands. “Have fun with that!”

“What is thi--?” Ares began, before the ensuing boom shook the core of the Watchtower. Blaring sirens began to ring out, shrieking horrendously and alerting even the more lax of the Justice League, including the still-stupefied Green Arrow.

Harley scurried on, baseball-sliding beneath a shutting blast door and into a weird room, some kind of control room maybe? Lots of buttons. “Ooh, shiny....”

“You've come far enough, Quinn.”

The clowngirl's shoulders slumped, and she began to lazily turn around, dragging her fingertips lightly across an instrument panel. “Oh, B-Man, I shoulda known you'd show up when I least wanted to see ya. You know I'm strong, now... stronger'n you. Y'can't push me around no more. Nobody can.”

“I know that,” the dark knight said, slipping out of the shadows with his cape pulled into a tight column around him, a shroud of gloom that reflected his demeanor. “I'm not here to fight you. How did you even get here?”

“No idea,” Harley shrugged, musing thoughtfully as she trailed her fingertips over a few more buttons, casually flipping switches. There was a soft hum. “Cool lady like me can't go into a Big Belly Burger without something crazy happening to her these days, y'know that? It's a real shame. Last thing I remember before I got here was my chili dog.”

Batman took a single step forward, inhaling as the hum started to grow louder. “Quinn, come with me. I'll get you off of the Watchtower, back down to Earth. Don't make me say please.”

Harley snorted, her eyes widening as she shifted onto one foot, assuming a kooky pose. “Nyehe, please? It'd be music to my ears, B-Man! Didn't know th' big “P” word was a part of your vocab!” She flipped a few more switches, her finger hovering over a massive black button.

“Quinn, don't!”

“Huh, what izzit? This little button right here?” A broad smile crossed her painted face, and she began to giggle maniacally as she squashed the button down.

There was a brilliant flash of light -- then, there was darkness.

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

“Unnnh....” Harley Quinn groaned weakly, starting to pull herself onto her hands and knees. One of her pigtails had fallen loose, but that was more an annoyance than an actual problem. And problems weren't something she had a shortage of.

“Anybody got a, uh... like... some pickle juice or...?” she struggled to her feet and wavered briefly, her vision starting to restore itself. She certainly wasn't on the Watchtower anymore, but she didn't really recognize the city she was in. The place was filthy, even filthier than Gotham had ever been. The people shuffled past her, but didn't seem to pay her any particular mind. A huge neon billboard caught her eye, showing an image of a woman in a yellow visor. Always remember, kids, the scrolling text read. Crime does pay!

“Can't even get a glass a' water or nothin'?” Quinn murmured, stretching out her back and checking for her hammer. It wasn't with her, but that shouldn't be too big a deal – she never had much problem getting a new one.

With a soft huff and a kick towards a nearby can, the clowngirl started skipping towards the nearest obvious establishment, getting ready to ask some questions. The sign read New Port City Liquor Store.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oooooooooh.

And I, for one, find the idea of a super-powered Harley Quinn really very fun.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Oh lord........

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you ever do any more Red Lantern?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm interesting. Ares on the Justice League cool

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joygirl

Did you ever do any more Red Lantern?

Not yet, I am a filthy slacker.

Hmm interesting. Ares on the Justice League cool

It makes sense in the Injustice-verse. Ares was Insurgency.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Ah okay. Got it thanks for the info

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Joygirl

@impurestcheese: Because he fed off of/was powered by war, and the Regime completely destroyed it, he ended up opposing them and being the "hero" against the evil WW. So I figured it could be an interesting twist to throw him into the JL in her place.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Sounds cool. Don't know how confident I'd feel if the hero fed off war. Seems suspicious if anything big happens such as a nation going rouge or a terror attack and Ares seems stated.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: But Batman's leading the League and he doesn't trust anyone. So he has a 100% chance of contingency plan. ;)

*taps her temple* I think a' everything!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: You do indeed. Well done.

Joygirl - As crafty as the Blanket Octopus and almost as dangerous
Joygirl - As crafty as the Blanket Octopus and almost as dangerous

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joygirl

@jokergeist: Touched it up slightly, removed the Image tag and put a diamond on the bomb :D

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the covers and can't wait to read more!

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

....Epic...

*goes on a soul searching journey wondering if anything will be as epic*

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joygirl

@joygirl: Dat diamond doe.... o_O

I know, it's absolute feces. I'll probably delete it. >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Wait is the Injustice universe actually Earth 5?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait is the Injustice universe actually Earth 5?

I looked, all I found was this.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

I like everything about this except jacked up Harley.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolfrazer
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I liked the idea of Martian Manhunter secretly surviving and leading a group of new heroes like in his ending *pouts* but I suppose this is decent (even though half of them would be in jail and I don't see Ares joining)

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Niiice