CRANK: Gunship #10

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Previous chapters: CRANK: Gunship Notes & Bios.

No Caption Provided

1. .CRANK: Gunship #1.

2. .CRANK: Gunship #2.

3. .CRANK: Gunship #3.

4. .CRANK: Gunship #4.

5. .CRANK: Gunship #5.

6. .CRANK: Gunship #6.

7. .CRANK: Gunship #7.

8. .CRANK: Gunship #8.

9. .CRANK: Gunship #9.

___

“You need a warrant!” spat Szandor Acheron as the Panopticons stood at the base of the steps leading to his church, The International Demonic Chorus. “You are also on tribal land. So leave now!”

“You don’t look like an Apache to me?” sniggered Blue Bobcat.

Shadowave glared at Bobcat before turning back to the leader of the religious sect. “Which is why we came openly and to ask…”

“LEAVE!” roared Szandor his face going red as he shook with rage.

Gunship stepped forward and grabbed the demon priest by the neck, lifting him easily into the air. “If I find out you’re helping Falcon like you did back in ninety seven…” Gunship squeezed the neck making his face go purple.

Shadowave put his hand on Gunship’s wrist. “Let him go.”

Gunship stared deep into the man’s eyes, ignoring his chairman’s words.

“NOW!” yelled Shadowave as dark tendrils wrapped around the metallic arm. Gunship dropped Szandor.

Stunning Girl flicked her hair back and whispered “Desire.” The day room of the Emil Sandberg Memorial SuperMax Prison let out a collective moan, just like they did every time the provocative ad came on the television. Vargas slapped some cards onto the table.

“The things I would do to that bitch,” he chuckled as the three Bow Brothers; Mike, Mark and Mick, scooped up their cards. “And I’m watching you three.”

“We’re good,” they said in unison.

“Is this right?” hissed Rat el Snake holding up two kings.

Vargas rolled his eyes and snatched the cards off him. “I knew you were too stupid to play.”

“Don’t call me stupid!” Rat el Snake stood up quickly, the room going quiet.

“SIMMER DOWN!” yelled a guard from a corner.

“I’d listen to the officer stupid,” Vargas whispered through his teeth. “Before you bite off more than you can chew.”

Rat el Snake went to launch at the portly Hispanic criminal when a large hand clamped down on his shoulder making him wince. “You got told to simmer down,” said Schlagen as he forced Rat el Snake back into his seat.

“Looking good sausage sucker,” chuckled Vargas. “Asides from the neck brace, black eyes and fat lip.”

“You owe us money,” said the Bow Brothers making the table even more uncomfortable.

“Let’s go through the plan again,” said Firepunch as he looked over the map laid out on the table covered in milk cartons and beer cans.

“Fine!” huffed Eyeshockit as she grabbed the beer can with the dollar sign stuck on it. “The car arrives around one thirty. It’s never on time because of traffic.”

“Where are you?”

“I’m waiting on the corner by the payphones.”

“Gundog?”

The man in the black and orange armour tapped the milk carton. “On the roof.”

Firepunch moved a red bottle top towards the beer can. “Gundog takes the street side driver down. Eye, you hit the truck with an eyeful to fritz their comms. I’ll punch a hole in the side. Whole thing should be done in under two minutes, tops!”

“What about the Panopticons?” asked Gundog.

“We call their hotline with a tip about Doctor Falcon just as the truck arrives,” Firepunch smiled. “They’ll race off to get him and boom we get the cash.”

“What about the Mime?” Eyeshockit asked.

“He only comes out at night. But if he does show…” Firepunch ignited his fist dramatically.

“I think you might take a leave of absence,” Shadowave said Gunship as they walked back to the Panopticons jet. “Clear your head.”

“YES!” cheered Blue Bobcat pumping his fist.

“You want me off the team?” Gunship asked, folding his arms and planting his feet. “I founded this team.”

“No, but you need something to do other than…whatever you’re doing now. When was the last time you took a vacation?”

“I don’t take vacations.”

Shadowave nodded “There lies part of the problem. We can work out t…” Gunship took off into the air leaving them behind.

No Caption Provided

“This week on a special edition of Behind The Capes, we look at the International Demon Chorus. Some say it’s a terrorist cell hiding behind religion and native title, others say it’s an exciting new outlook on spirituality. We will be highlighting their history and talk to their leader, High Priest Szandor Acheron over this coming hour. So sit back, relax and enjoy…Behind The Capes.”

To be continued same time, if not sooner, next week.....see you there!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: I chuckled at "Firepunch." Digging it, man, digging it. Like the Behind the Capes logo too. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Repurposed a 'Behind The Music' image from the interweb. Glad you're into it, because I'm having lots of fun writing it

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Ah, I thought maybe you had learned Gimp or something (I still need to check it out). Into it very much! Great series so far. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@batkevin74: Ah, I thought maybe you had learned Gimp or something

I don't know what that is?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: As I understand it, Gimp is basically an free online version of Photoshop, only better.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Oh I use pixlr to edit pictures. Its free and easy to use. That plus MS Paint and I'm a champ

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hmm Demonology, interesting, also loving Rat-el-Snake and the other villains that you are coming up with in this series.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Yeah I thought a Demon based church as opposed to a Satanic Church would work better. Besides it's all how you market something. I have a long ranging idea with the villains that may just work...also might not (Oh and could you bump or write cool on Gunship Notes & Bio as I've posted twice in a row please http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/crank-gunship-notes-and-bios-1717814/ )

@tommythehitman and @stumpy49er and @guardiandevil83 and that'll do for now

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Again. Another good issue. I really like how you seem to be building a world of superheroes and villains. Really dug the Mime reference as well. The guy would be perfect on the Panopticans... But he's stuck with me. Bring us another,

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Build it bit by bit, bring it all together and hope it all falls into place.

Street level guys like Firepunch would be worried about the Mime because he's usually the guy who they'd run into, not the most powerful guy in the world. It's like The Vulture running into Thor or Killer Croc Vs Superman: it doesn't last long

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TommytheHitman
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: That's what I don't like about the battle forum. You post Vulture Vs Thor and everyones all spite, stomp, lock it blah blah blah. But comic books are totally about mismatches and weird crossover fights!

Now Vulture wouldn't win, but he sure as hell would fight and try to get away. Maybe he manages to dodge the incoming Uru mallet and make a break for it. But these threads get shut down on the BF because "they're one sided". They are but even squash fights can be entertaining and surprising

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: yeah. I mean even talking about how those fights could go would be entertaining.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers