CORRUPTED: Time Trappers #1

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam

This is the first part of my new Time Trappers story. Feel free to leave your feedback and criticism. Enjoy.

Where am I? I thought as I looked around. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where I was. Green grass, trees, a sunny sky. I'm not in Kansas anymore. Then again, I didn't even live in Kansas in the first place. Suddenly, it all turned dark.

BOOM

I was awaken by the unbearable sound of an explosion. I rushed out of bed and took a look out of my window. Across the street was a burning building. I could feel the heat from where I was standing. I immediately got dressed and rushed outside. Figures. It takes an explosion to get me out of bed. I saw a man standing next to me. He looked a bit suspicious, but I'm not one to judge.

“Do you know what happened here?” I asked him.

“Yes.” He answered, then walked away.

What an odd guy. I thought

“Help!” A woman yelled.

My attention quickly turned to the woman shouting as she ran out of the burning building.

“Someone, please help! My son's still inside!”

“Where, exactly?” I asked.

She turned to me and said, “First floor. Room number 3.”

I ran with haste into the burning building. Didn't realize what I was doing until it was too late. My adrenaline was going crazy.

“Door 3, door 3, door 3.” I repeated to myself.

There were too ways I could go, left and right. I wasn't sure which way, so I just took the right way/ It is the opposite of wrong. One, two, three. I reached the partially opened door and entered. I didn't see anyone, so I checked the whole room, but still no luck. The heat was becoming too much. The smoke was filling my lungs. I needed to get out, but the window was blocked. I ran for the exit, when all of a sudden a large chunk of wood dropped on me. A sudden flash of light hit me like a train. I wasn't in the building anymore, I was... in a city. It looked familiar. This is Metropolis. I could tell by the old Daily Planet building. Something's wrong though. It looks like it was just hit by a bomb.

“Get out of here!” Someone yelled.

When I looked behind me, I saw a young blonde teenage girl. She had the symbol of Superman on her chest. She bolted to the sky, then it happened again. The flash of light. Suddenly I was outside the burning building.

The hell just happened? I wondered.

I looked for the woman who asked me for help, but she wasn't here. Everyone around me was staring at me like they just saw a ghost.

“I'm not a ghost, am I?” I asked.

“What's your name.”, the suspicious man from earlier asked me.

“Um, James.”

He began walking away and said “Follow me.”

I was very sceptical about the situation, but anything beats standing here with everything giving me those weird looks. He entered a car and opened the passenger door.

“Get in.” He said.

Again, I was sceptical, but more curious. I asked him who he was and what he wanted.

“Get in.” He repeated.

I entered the car and we drove off.

He looked at me and asked “How did you escape that building?”

Honestly, I didn't know what to say.

“Well, honestly, I don't know. One second I was in the burning building, then I was in Metropolis which looked like hurricane went through it, then I was back.”

“I see.” He said. “You are the one I've been looking for.”

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Everything will be explained when we reach our destination.” He said.

Okay, now I got really suspicious. I was in a car with a guy I don't even know, unaware of where I'm going.

“Can you at least tell me your name?” I asked.

“You can call me Zod.” He said.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@awesam: Interesting, very odd start like a dream, but the premise is time travel so of course its gonna be odd. Love the end which opens up more questions (is he in the Phantom Zone? what's going on?") Good work

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Interesting, very odd start like a dream, but the premise is time travel so of course its gonna be odd. Love the end which opens up more questions (is he in the Phantom Zone? what's going on?") Good work

Beginning wasn't exactly a dream. Everything will be explained in the next part.

JS_Smokeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was awesome. Liked that Kansas joke at the start to XD.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@js_smokeman: Thanks. The story will start making sense soon enough.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: I'm not in Kansas anymore. Then again, I didn't even live in Kansas in the first place

Ha :) Very good AND General Zod at the end!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers