#1 Edited by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

Paris, Damaged Subway Tunnel

Martian Manhunter pulled his body out of the wreckage. He stood up and looked around. Those two metas had just made this personal. He phased himself through the subway walls and stepped outside into the destroyed Paris streets. He looked around for his targets and when he didn't see them he floated up into the sky. He looked across the entire city using his Martian vision. He couldn't see them anywhere, the only way this could happen is if they were no longer within the city limits. Which meant they'd escaped. J'onn frowned and flew back towards Washington. He'd failed in his mission and prepared himself for punishment.

The remains of the Justice League International's Paris Headquarters

The Brain rummaged around inside a case filled with old weapons from a forgotten time. It had taken them 15 minutes of running to arrive at this location. They'd had to arrive before Martian Manhunter started looking for them.

"Bob what are you doing?" Sharpshot asked.

"I'm looking for our way out of Paris."

"Which is?"

"I think it's around here somewhere."

"If you're looking for what I think you're looking for it'll probably be that way."

Sharpshot pointed at a locked door. Unlike the rest of the base it had survived the bombing of Paris and still stood. It had a spray paint over it saying "Armorey" It appeared that it had been painted on AFTER the bombing.

"What do you think's in there?" Sharpshot asked.

"Hopefully our only way out." The Brain said.

They walked over to the door and tried to push it open. It didn't budge. Obviously.

"... What do we do?" The Brain asked.

Sharpshot kneeled down and pulled a lockpick out of his pocket.

"This might take a few minutes. So... What's your story?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your origin! Who were your parents?"

"The Brain and Monseuir Mallah."

"... How does that work?"

"What?! No I'm a tank grown clone of the Brain's original body."

"Oh. Well... that's messed up. How do you get your powers then?"

"I don't know."

"Oh. Well that sucks."

"So..."

"Yeah?"

"You said your the son of Mia Deerden. Does that mean you have AIDS?"

"What?! NO!"

"It's just I was hooked up with a piece of Braniac's brain. I want to know these things."

"Shut up."

The two waited awkwardky for the door to open without speaking. When it did they both were relieved. They started to walk down the hallway which lead to a ladder leading below ground.

"Where do you think it leads?" Sharpshot asked.

"The armorey."

There was a hatch covering the ladder and Sharpshot pulled his lockpick out again. However Brain stepped in his way and readied his hands for some lifting.

"What are you doing? I called dibs on that!"

"I want to test a theory. Earlier I ripped off a Hawkan's fingers with my teeth. That implies I have superstrength. I want to try it out."

The Brain grabbed the hatch and started to pull it as hard as he could. It only took a few seconds, Brain pulled the hatch off and in surprise raised it over his head too quickly, causing him to fall on the floor. Sharpshot stood over him and tried not to laugh.

"Well you're not more powerful then a locomotive but you did pretty well."

"Shut up."

Sharpshot didn't bother using the ladder. He just jumped down straight away. The Brain hoped that he realised how stupid that was. He heard a thud down below and soon heard Sharpshot shout up at him.

"Hey kid! It's dark and I can't see anything. Can you hear any lights?"

The Brain concentrated and listened for the sound of clicking. He heard it and willed it to activate. Sure enough he saw lights activate below, and jumped down. he grunted when he landed and rubbed his legs. He looked up and was shocked for a second. In this room was everything they could ever need to fight the tyranny of the Man of Steel. He saw several skeletons. Including a Hawkman's. Whoever had hidden here had been cornered and taken the enemy with them. The Brain wondered if he would be able to do that if the time called for it. He pushed the thought aside and looked around for what he wanted. Sharpshot was inspecting a gold and blue outfit with a belt around it. Inside it was a skeleton, meaning whoever was inside wouldn't be needing it anytime soon.

"I'd reccomend you pick that belt up. It creates a personal force field around you. It's been able to take a punch from Doomsday before."

"Thanks but no thanks. Gold wouldn't suit me. Why don't you take it? Maybe mix up some of the costumes here. Get rid of that stupid Nth metal."

The Brain carefully pulled the belt off of the corpse and placed it on his waist. He immideatlly activated the field and saw a yellow light appear before him before fading away. Sharpshot was inspecting some of the weapons when The Brain found what he was looking for.

"I take it we won't be able to take all this stuff with us."

"Not right now but we'll be able to come back and pick it up. Hopefully with the rebels!"

The Brain smiled as he picked up the Bom Tube lying next to the copse belonging to Scott Free also known as Mr Miracle.

"What's that?" Sharpshot asked.

"This my friend is our way of getting to Metropolis. This is called a Boom Tube, and if I can activate it properly it'll take us right to the rebels!"

To be continued...

@batkevin74, @joshmightbe, @falconpuuunch, @bronze_surfer, @dngn4774, @blackreaper, @wildvine, @project_worm, @comiccrazeraze

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the fact that Booster seems to have went down fighting. Tho it now kind of makes me wish I knew that story.

#3 Posted by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman: I thought it was great, and I'm really liking the almost buddy cop vibe I'm getting from Sharpshot and the Brain, its actually starting to remind me a bit of Booster and Blue Beetle.

#6 Edited by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I hope it's anywhere near as badass as those two were! Sadly no BWAHAHAHA moments. yet. At least untill Batkevin lets me write a certain scene involving Deadshot. heh. heh. heh.

#7 Edited by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

He is now Booster Brain! I liked this one. Good job.

#8 Posted by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackreaper: Well he's only really stealing his future tech. Which apparently still exists even though the time line is messed up but whatever!

#9 Edited by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman said:

@blackreaper: Well he's only really stealing his future tech. Which apparently still exists even though the time line is messed up but whatever!

Don't you dare cause a paradox!

#10 Posted by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by wildvine (10365 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman

Dialogue needs work. Otherwise good story. And I too am curious how one Hawkman too Booster down. He must have been hurt or something.

#12 Edited by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildvine: Maybe after seeing all of his friends die he lost the will to live and killed himslef?

#13 Posted by wildvine (10365 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe after seeing all of his friends die he lost the will to live and killed himslef?

Mmmmaybe....

#14 Edited by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by batkevin74 (11196 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman: Very good, just check with @falconpuuunch since he's got a descendant of Mr Miracle (but I don't think you've really crossed any line at all by mentioning him)

Booster Gold died in Paris...interesting. I'll see what I can do

He is now Booster Brain!

Or Brain Booster, which he then goes on to found a soft drink empire :)

As for Deadshot, she's gotta get out of the sewer alive before we get to crossover town!

#16 Posted by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: No crossover. If they both join the resistance I'd just like a scene like I showed you before. Also in issue 8 when the sh!t hits the fan.

#17 Posted by TommytheHitman (3438 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP