CORRUPTED: The Brain #3

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The White House (5 minutes ago)

Martian Manhunter was not amused. He marched past all the staff and politicians, as he walked down the hallways. He turned as he suddenly felt the presence of the man he was looking for. He turned to see President Superman exiting his office and marched towards him, Phasing through anyone who was in his way.

"Hello J'onn what can I do for you?" The President asked.

"Mr President, our T-Spheres in Paris have gone offline. Someone has deactivated them and I cannot contact our Hawkman patrols there."

"So..."

"So I believe the Brain's plan has finally started. If I can sir I request your permission to investigate and discover what has happened."

"Very well. If it'll keep you quiet."

"Thank you Cla-! I mean Mr President."

Martian Manhunter phased through the cealing and started to fly towards Paris. He frowned at what he had become. He used to be a proud warrior alongside these people. Now he was more like a messenger who had to beg for the right to go on a mission. He quickly pushed these thoughts aside. He was doing what was right for his new home, even if he didn't like it. He left those thoughts behind and started to fly over the ocean.

Paris. The Brain's Secret Lair

"Why are you taking that stuff?" Sharpshot asked as The Brain started to pull off the Nth metal armour that the Hawkman's were carrying.

The Brain placed the Hawkman's helmet on his head and looked at himself in a shattered mirror. The armour was a few sizes too big for him and he looked ridiculous. The wings wouldn't adjust to his size so he'd ditched them. They'd just get in his way.

"The armour's made from Nth metal. It's capable of defending me from magic, heat and cold. I'd suggest you wear it as well instead of whatever your costume's made of." The Brain said as he admired himself in the mirror. "Also I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not wearing any clothes."

Sharpshot was sat on a piece of rubble fiddiling with his pistols. On his back was a bow and a quiver filled with several arrows.

"My costume's made of good old fashioned leather. I need to be moveable to survive out here. That's what my dad taught me."

"And he was?"

"Connor Hawke" Sharpshot said proudly "The second Green Arrow. My mum was Mia Deerden. The second Speedy. Both of them taught me the way of the bow and arrow."

"Then why do you carry pistols?"

"Do you know how hard it is to find equipment for bow and arrows nowadays? I can't just walk into an Lex Mart and ask for half a dozen bow and arrows!"

"Right. So what happened to them?"

"Well apparently you were either in the League or you weren't. After the original Green Arrow... left, my mum and dad fled to the France countryside. They had me out there as a secret and taught me archery. All the time fighting the Hawkmen patrols. Untill they finally got on the Man of Steel's radar. Now dad saw this coming immedieatly and hid me in this small cave a few miles away. I could hear the screams there as well."

Sharpshot looked sad beneath his mask for a second, however he quickly perked up and the Brain could see the outline of a smile.

"So anyway I decided to take my revenge by joining those rebels over in America somewhere. You wanna join in?"

"I have no idea what to do." The Brain mumbelled.

"Well just tag along and make up your mind. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I left you here."

The Brain pulled off his helmet and carried it on his side. Sharpshot pulled out an attachment and adjusted it to his gun. He fired upwards revealing a grappel hook. It hooked into the concrete road and Sharpshot grabbed the Brain's hand as they reeled up towards the opening. Sharpshot pulled the attachment off of the pistol and placed it back in his pocket. The Brain stood in silence and looked up into the sky. He looked at the sun as it beamed it's rays down. He gasped as he saw a shilouette appear before it and head down towards him almost... faster then a speeding bullet. If this was who it could be, they were in serious trouble.

"SUPERMAN!" The Brain shouted towards Sharpshot.

Sharpshot turned instinctivly aiming his pistols up into the sky. However it was already too late as the being landed in front of him and grabbed him by the neck, before raising him into the air.

"Not quite metahumans." Martian Manhunter said. "Resist and die."

The Brain raised his hands over his head, he had no idea what to do. He watched as Sharpshot tapped the side of his belt with his free hand and something popped out. It lit up, very brightly, causing the Manhunter to close his eyes in pain. This allowed Sharpshot to break free and run for dear life.

"RUN LIKE HELL KID!" Sharpshot yelled as he fired his pistols at the Manhunter's head.

The Brain didn't know what to do, so he ran. He followed Sharpshot down an alleyway and saw him climb up a ladder on a building's side. The Brain could sense the Manhunter starting to move, this persuaded him to move faster and he found Sharpshot pulling him up. They ran to the edge of the rooftop. They heard Martian Manhunter smash the ladder behind them, causing Sharpshot to grab The Brain and fire his grapple hook onto a nearby lamp post. They swung down to the ground and ran into a subway tunnel. Sharpshot looked around quickly. It was a dead end and there was no way out. The other exit was caved in and they didn't have time to run down the tunnel. The Brain rubbed his head, he could hear something clicking on the inside and it was getting annoying. He suddenly realised what the clicks were.

"CROSS THE OTHER SIDE!" He shouted at Sharpshot.

"What?! Why?! We're screwed anyway!"

"DO IT!"

They both ran to the other side just as Martian Manhunter flew down through the entrance. The Brain concentrated as hard as he could and the train on the tracks came to life. Martian Manhunter was flying across the track as the 100 mile an hour train smashed into him. The train didn't stop and continued down the tunnel with the dazed Manhunter still on it's front. The Brain leaned against the wall and collapsed on the floor exhausted. Sharpshot collapsed next to him.

"Did you do that?" Sharpshot asked.

"Yeah. I have no idea how though. What's the plan?"

"The plan is we get the hell out of France and get the hell to Metropolis."

"Okay, good plan."

"Hey what's your name?"

"I don't know."

"Mine's Callum. Callum Hawke. I think I'm going to call you Bob. How's that sound?"

"That sounds... cool."

"Awesome."

They bumped each other's fists and rested their heads against the wall. The waterfront was a few miles away from their current location and they were going to need a rest before they could begin again...

To be continued...

@batkevin74, @wildvine, @comiccrazeraze, @joshmightbe, @4donkeyjohnson, @blackreaper, @dngn4774, @falconpuuunch, @bronze_surfer, @project_worm

Thoughts?

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlackReaper

Never thought I'd see Martian Manhunter take public transportation.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm already starting to like Sharpshot. And very sorry about this but when he called the Brain, Bob my first thought was of that episode of Pinky and the Brain were Brain decided to become the country music star Jimmy Bo Bob Brain.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackreaper: That's exactly what The Brain would've said if he made funny puns. Any thoughts over all?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Damn it I need to rewatch all of Pinky and the Brain to get all these references I keep making subconciously!

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BlackReaper

@tommythehitman said:

@blackreaper: That's exactly what The Brain would've said if he made funny puns. Any thoughts over all?

About the chapter? It's good. Sharpshot and Brain were well written and resilient. Although, I'd expect MM to phase through the train.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7 wildvine  Moderator

@tommythehitman

Few typos. And some grammar hiccups. Pretty good over all though.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@wildvine: Thanks. Sorry my spell check is broken so every word I type is wrong somehow.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackreaper: Well he did have half a second to react to it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

"The armour's made from Nth metal. It's capable of defending me from magic, heat and cold. I'd suggest you wear it as well instead of whatever your costume's made of."

Really? Never knew that.

**"Connor Hawke" Sharpshot said proudly "The second Green Arrow. My mum was Mia Deerden. The second Speedy. Both of them taught me the way of the bow and arrow."

"Then why do you carry pistols?"

"Do you know how hard it is to find equipment for bow and arrows nowadays? I can't just walk into an Lex Mart and ask for half a dozen bow and arrows!"

Bwhahahahahaha now Sharpshot, does he have AIDS?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And in case anyone's curious. No Sharpshot's not gay.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TommytheHitman
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TommytheHitman

BUMP

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Temporal anomaly detected.

In the Brain #3, Sharp shot claims he is the son of Conner Hawke. (2062)

"Connor Hawke" Sharpshot said proudly "The second Green Arrow. My mum was Mia Deerden. The second Speedy. Both of them taught me the way of the bow and arrow."

But, in Corrupted Book 6, (year 2064) Conner Hawke chooses the name Sharpshot.

"Conner Hawke. What name have you chosen?"

"Sharpshot."

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: He wasn't a hawkman. He was part of a new program designed by Batman to train the next generation of the Justice League. He is the son of Conner Hawke.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wildvine  Moderator

@tommythehitman:

That still doesn't explain how he was the son of someone that had not yet graduated. Check the years.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: ...oh.

Then I have no idea.

'Shrug' time travel?