CORRUPTED: The Brain #1

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

The Brain was busy, he'd been gone for a while after he'd been left on the Salvation Planet with Mallah. Both nearly close to death yet somehow they'd survived. It had taken Brain a few weeks to discover a way to get off the world however it would have been a lot harder if not for that fool Luthor's attempt to strand them there. The Brain had been able to repair the transporter and power it up with a boom tube's power source. However something had gone wrong and when they entered the transporter what had seemed like minutes for them had actually been years for everyone else. The Brain had not let this stop him and had returned to planning global domination. However that would not be so easy after the events that would shake the world. On that day The Brain had been preparing to create his legion of robot men in his secret base underneath Paris when Mallah came charging in.

"MASTER!" Mallah yelled "Have you seen what's happening?!"

The Brain whirred around his robotic body and stared at Mallah with cold robotic eyes.

"What? What are you talking about?!"

"It's on the news!"

The Brain whirred round and mentally activated the TV on the wall. He flicked through the channels before stopping and asking Mallah:

"Which country?"

"It doesn't matter it has to be all over them by now!"

The Brain flicked over to the American news network and watched as a woman spoke while looking like she was about to cry.

"Despite the valliant attempts of the Justice League it was too late for the damage had already been done. For those of you just joining us the supervillains Braniac, Despero and Queen Bee have destroyed the U.S. Goverment. Now the League were able to stop the villains afterwards but it's too late now. We hope that newly elected President Pete Ross will be able to repair the damage done..." The news woman said before the Brain flicked off the TV screen.

"What should we do?" Mallah asked.

The Brain pondered the question for a few seconds before answering.

"Peter Ross will not succeed. He doesn't have the stomach for a job like being the president. No I suspect that he will go to his friend Superman to assist him."

"And then?"

"Then that's where life as we know it ends. There will be no more trying to take over the world. Power like that changes a man. I wonder how that power will change a god..."

The Brain watched the TV screen as Superman gave his speech to the United Nations.

“The United States are willing to accept any country wanting to join us. We are here to offer the chance to truly step into the future. The Justice League has access to technology that can help the world. Join us, join me, join together and let us truly be planet of United Nations!”

The Brain watched as the camera showed most of the ambassadors stand up and cheer. However as he expected there were several ambassadors who were less apprecietive of the Man of Steel's actions. Black Adam the ruler of Khandaq rose and left, while several other ambassadors were clearly unimpressed the only ambassador the Brain actually cared about was France's ambassador. The Brain did not want The Justice League in his country. Which is why he'd sent Mallah earlier to capture the ambassadors' loved ones and threaten to kill them if he didn't comply. The Brain was nervous about the entire set up. Times were changing. However he was unsure as to whether he would be able to change with them...

"I'm not interested Luthor." The Brain said.

The Brain watched as Lex Luthor rolled his eyes from the computer screen.

"You're not interested in joining my legion? Why not?" Luthor asked.

"You're destined to fail. We always do. It's taken me 9 years but I've finally realised how foolish we've been. If you and your society do this, it'll be the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing will stop them from killing you and everyone you work with."

Luthor laughed

"If you don't join me then I can't offer you the protection that my legion offers. When we destroy the Justice League, you will have been away from all the glory and you'll have none of the power that I offered you!"

"LOOK AT YOU!" The Brain screamed. "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE BECOME! YOU'VE BECOME NOTHING MORE THEN A THIRD RATE VILLAIN! YOU CALL YOUR TEAM THE LEGION OF DOOM! YOU HOST MEETINGS AND THEN YOU SWEAR REVENGE WHEN YOU FAIL! How pathetic." The Brain switched the screen off and turned away.

"Are you sure you did the right thing?" Mallah asked as he stood in a corner.

The Brain sighed.

"No I'm not. We need to start getting a plan together. Those idiots in the Legion are going to destroy everything. I need to plan something just give me time to go over every option."

Mallah had been reconstructed a dozen times over the last 40 years Each time he'd become stronger then before. The first time had been in 2041 during the Paris bombing. It had been a disaster. Superman had requested that Paris joins the U.S.A for a second time. The Brain still had the ambassadors' family so the ambassador had said "no." He should've checked with the Brain first. Now he was somewhere in the atmosphere. Superman had decided to get his hands dirty and destroyed most of Paris with his bare hands. After being interviewed by a reporter as to why he didn't just bomb Paris from the Watchtower the Man of Steel had simply said:

"I needed a workout."

Superman had flown underground as well. The Brain had already coated his entire base in lead, so he was saved from the damage. However Mallah had been returning from a mission at the time and had been beated to a bloody pulp by the Man of Steel. The Brain had saved him and improved upon what he had originally created. However that didn't stop the body being damaged by the Hawkmen every time he went out on a mission. However this would be his last mission. As he ran across the crumbling Paris rooftops he realised how dead he actually was. He'd attracted the Martian's personal attention himself and was currently being chased by the Martin and several SHADE troopers. He carried the package over his shoulder. He'd been forced to run halfway across the city to get this... thing yet it was the most important piece of equipment he had retrieved yet. Mallah leaped across the rooftops and prepared to continue running before he felt his back breaking. He turned slightly to see the Martian phasing his hand into Mallah's back and he screamed in pain as he felt his spine being pulled out of his body. Mallah collapsed to the floor and tried to move. He couldn't fail his love and master now.

"You... won't... stop me." Mallah said over the pain.

Manhunter placed his finger on Mallah's head and read his mind. He beckoned over a SHADE agent and then placed all of Mallah's information within his mind. the SHADE agent shapeshifted into Mallah's form and picked up the package off the floor.

"Mallah." The Martian said "You head to the Brain's lair. Take him by surprise, we'll be there to join you shortly."

The fake Mallah leaped in the opposite direction heading towards the Brain's secret lair. He was going the wrong way. Which meant he was dead already. Mallah smiled as his eyes closed one last time.

______

The Brain had finally finished. He had everything he required to create the weapon he needed except for what he had sent Mallah to collect. It would be anytime now. He waited patiently for a few minutes before hearing Mallah jump through the manhole up above.

"Hello Mallah." The Brain said. "Lovely weather we're having aren't we?"

Mallah placed the package on the floor

"Yes my master."

The Brain activated a weapon and fired it at the SHADE agent's head. He heard the body collapse on the floor and laughed. Not only had the agent said the wrong words but he'd also entered by the wrong entrance. SHADE agents were pathetic and laughable shapeshifters. The Brain pulled the wrapping covering the package and looked surprised for a second. He looked at his old body in awe. He hadn't expected it to hold up so well. He picked it up with the robotic arm he'd designed for himself and placed it in the purple ray chamber. He had everything he needed. The Kryptonian cloning chamber was primed and ready. The artificial brain that Mallah had stolen from a Hawkman patrol was ready to be installed everything was ready. The purple rays would restore the body and the cloning machine would improve everything about it. Bringing the clone back to life was the hardest part, luckily the Kryptonian technology was perfect along with the Brain's own technology would ensure the clone would last for generations. However the clone was meant to be the first of many. That was no longer possible as it was clear that creating an army was no longer possible. Suddenly the Brain heard the sound of concrete being smashed through and quickly activated the machine, the machine whirred alive and disappeared from view. Hopefully the enerdy shields the Brain had invested in would hold up.

"Show yourself you foul alien!" The Brain clicked in his obvious French accent.

The Martian Manhunter appeared with half a dozen SHADE agents.

"Brain. I'm not surprised it took us so long to find you. Your pathetic exscuse of telekinesis won't assist you here. This is your final resting place."

The Brain sighed and mentally activated a device within himself. He prayed to Mallah that the clone had shielded itself in time.

"I know this is my end." The Brain clicked for the last time. "However if you thought I would resort to "superpowers" to kill you then you were wrong. Pray to your gods Martian for you will not live any longer."

The Brain's artificial body modified into what looked like a miniture reactor. Martian Manhunter took a few seconds to realise what it was before he started to shout at his SHADE agents to flee towards the exit.

"GET OUT NOW!"

It was too late. The Brain's artificial body detonated in a large explosion. Martian Manhunter was knocked to the ground and the SHADE agents were disintergrated. Nothing could have prepared them for a blast like that. Martian Manhunter awoke a few minutes later and looked around the destroyed underground lab. When he saw no signs of life he flew away into the night without looking back. The Brain's charred and largely destroyed body was all over the lab. His brain was on the floor and impaled on a piece of concrete like a fish on a spear. However where the Brain's life would end. Another would begin.

The White House (Home to Superman and Wonder Woman)

"What makes you think I care?" Superman asked Martian Manhunter.

"I assumed you would. The Brain was up to something. However we're still not sure what it is." The Manhunter said trying not to sound terrified of the all powerful god who could snap at any second.

"But the Brain's dead now. He destroyed himself why do you care?"

"Something doesn't seem right about this. I'd like permission to assign a platoon of Hawkmen to the area."

Superman took off his helmet and rubbed an apple on his costume. He took a bite out of it and then threw it in the air before destroying it with his heat vision.

"It'd be a waste of good troops. We can't worry about this so called plan which may or may not exist. There's no reason why I should send troops to Paris there are no survivors there I made sure of that myself."

"Which is of course why I just killed a crazy ape and a homosexual brain in a jar a few hours ago."

Superman smiled. It was the first time he'd done so in days.

"Very well J'onn you can have your troops sent to Paris. Does half a dozen sound good enough to you? I'll give you a few dozen T-Spheres as well."

"That sounds fine, Mr President. Thank you. Please accept this gift."

Martian Manhunter glanced at the fur carpet that used to be known as Gorrila Grodd. He beckoned for the butler to bring the gifts in.

"I noticed your fine choice in floor decoration and felt you would apprecite these gifts."

The butler unwrapped the box filled with the presents inside revealing an empty jar modified into the shape of a fish bowl and a new gorrila fur.

"J'onn... is that what I think it is?"

"Well ever since Arthur died I felt he wouldn't miss some fish missing from the ocean. Also you're original gorrila skin is getting old I thought you might like a new one."

"... do you have any idea what those two might have done with each other? No thank you. Get rid of them."

To be continued...

RIP The Brain. He was in love with a monkey.
RIP The Brain. He was in love with a monkey.

Okay so issue 1 of The Brain!

@batkevin74, @joshmightbe, @falconpuuunch, @dngn4774, @wildvine

Thoughts? Feedback? Gay monkeys?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74
The Brain watched as the camera showed most of the ambassadors stand up and cheer. However as he expected there were several ambassadors who were less apprecietive of the Man of Steel's actions. Black Adam the ruler of Khandaq rose and left, while several other ambassadors were clearly unimpressed the only ambassador the Brain actually cared about was France's ambassador. The Brain did not want The Justice League in his country. Which is why he'd sent Mallah earlier to capture the ambassadors' loved ones and thretan to kill them if he didn't comply. The Brain was nervous about the entire set up. Times were changing. However he was unsure as to wether he would be able to change with them...

Two small things: threaten and whether are what those words should be

"I'm not interested Luthor." The Brain said.

The Brain watched as Lex Luthor rolled his eyes from the computer screen.

"You're not interested in joining my legion? Why not?" Luthor asked.

"You're destined to fail. We always do. It's taken me 9 years but I've finally realised how foolish we've been. If you and your society do this, it'll be the straw that broke the camel's back. Nothing will stop them from killing you and everyone you work with."

Luthor laughed

"If you don't agree to joining me then I can't offer you the protection that my legion offers. When we destroy the Justice League, you will have been away from all the glory and you'll have none of the power that I offered you!"

"LOOK AT YOU!" The Brain screamed. "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE BECOME! YOU'VE BECOME NOTHING MORE THEN A THIRD RATE VILLAIN! YOU CALL YOUR TEAM THE LEGION OF DOOM YOU HOST MEETINGS AND THEN YOU SWEAR REVENGE! How pathetic." The Brain switched the screen off and turned away.

"Are you sure you did the right thing?" Mallah asked as he stood in a corner.

The Brain sighed.

This was my favourite bit, good work. I look forward to more Brain in action!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I like how you made me feel sympathy for these villains. Mallah's compassion and the Brain's intellect where strongly emphasized. I'd have to assume that the new Brain is going to create his predecessor's weapon. What happened to the rest of the Brotherhood of Evil?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

@batkevin74: Thanks I look forward to more Brain action as well!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Great chapter, I can't wait to find out what he was making.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TommytheHitman

@dngn4774: The rest of the Brotherhood assumed the Brain and Mallah were dead during the Salvation Run. They were probably killed during the massive heroes vs villains battle. Also I assume by predecessor's weapon you mean those robotmen from the beggining. No he won't be.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@tommythehitman

Better then expected, given who you are writing. Excellent work.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks. I always seem to choose the weird characters.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

"Which is of course why I just killed a crazy ape and a homosexual brain in a jar a few hours ago." Bwhahahahaha very good

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TommytheHitman

BUMP

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers