CORRUPTED: Red Hood #3

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

[Red Hood, journal entry #3.
The woman who attacked me, the Ravager, requested that I follow her, hours after trying to kill me and incinerating my apartment. Normally, I wouldn't fall for such a simple trick, but I had questions and she promised me answers. Whether a trap awaits me or not, I'll be ready.]

I followed her for what seemed like hours. Down streets, atop buildings, and through alleys. Eventually she led me to a garage hidden behind an old abandoned building. No words as she entered. I didn't know what to expect on the other side, but I had no choice. I entered, but I wasn't prepared for what I saw. Pink. Everything was so... pink.

“What the hell?,” I asked myself as I gazed around the frighteningly infantile room.

Pink walls, pink floor, pink bed, stuffed... pink animals. Pink everything.

“What's up?”, she asked as if there was nothing wrong with this picture.

“Does a five year old live here by any chance?”

“Nope, just me,” she said.

Here, in this pink room lived a coldblooded assassin. For some reason I expected something a bit darker and less fluffy, but who was I to judge? My house was... on fire.

I took a moment to process everything, then asked, “So, why did you bring me here?”

“You and I have something in common,” she said.

Doubt it.

She continued, “Both of us want revenge against he Falcone family. They did something to hurt us.”

I couldn't tell if she bluffing. There was no way she could know about my past and what the Falcone's did to my family. Nobody could possibly know that. Nobody but me and Robert Falcone himself.

“What makes you think the Falcone's did anything to me?”, I asked.

“I've been looking for you for a long time, Ethan. When I was six, my father witnessed a murder by Robert Falcone. He decided to do the right thing and tell the police. Unfortunately, Falcone didn't like that. One day when we were at the park, a few guys drove by and shot my parents as we were entering our car. I was hit by a shard of glass and lost my left eye.”

It seemed she also had a problem with the Falcone's. I still didn't trust her though. I knew better than to believe anything my enemy told me.

“Sorry to hear that, but what makes you think I have anything against them?” I asked.

“Because two more people died that day. Two people who also witnessed the murder. Two people who died in a similar fashion that my parents did. They left a son. We met at the police station. From the first second I saw him, I saw the same pain in his eyes that I felt. For years I searched for him. Finally, I found a name and a face. When I kicked your mask off, it was you. The boy that I've been looking for. The one who shares my pain. During our fight, I saw the look in your eyes. You may be hiding it, but that pain's still there, just in the form of revenge. Those are the eyes I see every time I look in the mirror.”

She spoke truth. I knew exactly what she was saying. The pain I felt. The anger that it mutated into. She couldn't have been lying.

“Why would I believe you?” I asked

She exhaled. “You're stubborn...”

Admittedly, I was pretty stubborn. I felt I could trust her, but I couldn't trust my feelings. I was caught at a standstill. So far, she has been honest. She has been trustworthy. My luck could turn at any minute. I decided to accept her offer. I could use her help. Taking on the Falcone's alone wasn't a good idea. I'm not Superman, after all.

“Fine.” I said, keeping a slightly stubborn tone. I didn't want her to think she had my full trust, because she didn't. Even if she turns on me, I'll be ready. I'll keep one eye on her. One gun pointed at her head.

“Good. I thought I was going to have to... Eh, we'll save that for later,” she said.

"Okay," I mumbled.

"Have you ever been with a girl?" she asked.

An odd question. I wasn't prepared for it. Truth is, I never had much time for romance. My need for vengeance ruined every relationship I've ever been in, but she didn't have to know that.

"That's not important," I answered.

“I get it,” she said. "So, are we going?"

“Get going... right now?”

“Yeah. Don't tell me you're backing out,” she taunted.

I looked weak. No, I looked cautious. I am cautious. I plan ahead.

“I don't think we should rush into this without a plan. Falcone's never alone. He has constant guards surrounding his house. We need to wait for nightfall.” I said. I was right. Attacking Falcone during the day would be stupid. He's less protected, but we can't risk innocents getting caught in the crossfire.

“We'll wait for night,” I continued. “Falcone's guard is up during the night, but that won't matter if we get the drop on him.”

“Fine. Night it is. He leaves his 'day job' when sun sets. His limo usually picks him up. He's followed by two other cars driven by armed guards. I think that would be the best time to attack,” she suggested.

Her plan was simple and cowardly. It was also the best option. When it comes to Falcone, I don't care if I had to shoot him in the back. He had to die. There was no way around it.

I looked at the Ravager and said, “Falcone's going down, tonight.”

A sinister grin slithered across her face.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Project_Worm

Really digging the growing relationship of these two, nice job!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really digging the growing relationship of these two, nice job!

Thanks. I'm trying to center the story around them. The mistrust, secret agendas, etc.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@awesam: Pink walls, pink floor, pink bed, stuffed... pink animals. Pink everything.

“What's up?”, she asked as if there was nothing wrong with this picture.

“Does a five year old live here by any chance?”

Bwhahahahahaha love it!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers