#1 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

[Red Hood's journal, entry #2
Someone attempted to kill me today. A young woman. She planted a bomb in my apartment and set it off just as I entered. A second later and I probably wouldn't be here, recording this.]

“Who are you?”, I asked the masked woman.

“The last person you're gonna see!”, she yelled as she charged at me.

No time to plan, I had to act fast. I pulled out my guns and fired as many rounds as possible. She was quick and skilled. Cut every single bullet with her swords. Her first attack, she went straight for my neck. I could tell she was used to killing and that her fights probably don't last longer than a few seconds. I ducked and attempted a shot straight to her head. Almost forgot about the second sword. Too fast to avoid, forcing me to shield myself with my arm. My Kevlar blocked most of the impact, but I still suffered a deep cut. I had to think fast. I had to be smart if I was going to survive. She went in for a jab. Mistake. I caught her arm and headbutt her with my mask. She likely became dazed. Possibly even broke her nose. My turn. I kicked the sword out of her left hand, then kicked her into the wall. I fired five rounds. I couldn't believe my eyes as she evaded each shot. Quick as a cat. I realized my guns were useless here, so I put them back in my holsters. She stood in front of me holding her sword. I used this opportunity to grab the one I knocked out of her hand. She's a skilled swordsman, but so am I. We clashed blades. I was stronger, but she was faster.

“You're good.”, she said. “It's a shame you have to die.”

“Who are you?”, I asked.

She came at me again. This time, I was ready. Just as we meet with our swords, I changed my attack pattern from defensive to offensive. Worked as well as I had hoped, catching her off guard. I managed to get to the wall where jumped on to a table next to her, then flipped behind me and jumped kicked my mask right off. I reacted as fast as I could by going with a roundhouse kick. At this point it seemed that we were equally matched. Problem. She was unpredictable. She jumped back and kicked a chair at me. To my surprise, it hit me, hard and knocked me to the ground. Without a second to waste, she jumped and attempted to stab me while I was down. I quickly rolled out of the way. She stabbed the ground and got her sword stuck. I took advantage by going in with a jab.. She caught my sword and threw it into the wall. As a last resort, I grabbed her by her hair and smashed her head into the hilt of her sword, then forced her to the ground and put the barrel of my gun against her head.

“I'll ask again.”, I said “Who are you and who do you work for?”

She began to laugh.

“You can just call me the Ravager.”, she said.

I knew she was unpredictable, but nothing prepared me for when she pressed her lips against mine. I was stunned. Too stunned to react to her headbutt that followed her kiss. It was such a hard knock that my eyes became blurred.

“See you later, sweety.”, she said, then vanished from my sight.

I lied on the floor of the lobby. Embarrassed and feeling like a total ass. The only one thing on my mind right now. The girl who calls herself the Ravager.

“What a crazy person.”, I said to myself.

With my apartment up in flames and the sun rising, I wondered where I should go from here. My first concern was, who sent that Ravager girl. I knew she was an assassin and I guessed it was a present from the Falcone I've been tracking.

Guess I'll just have to pay them a visit.

I left my former home and took to the streets. My mind set on ending the Falcone's operation. My first step was getting the answers I need. I got my bike and headed for a connection I had. A drug dealer who works gets his supplies from an unknown partner. Safe bet it was the Falcone.

File:Red Hood Jason Todd 04.jpg

When I reached his house, I broke in through the window. He was frightened, like the coward he is. He tried running, but didn't make it far. As a friendly hello, I slammed his head into the wall, making a large hole.

“Who's your supplier?!”, I asked.

He looked at me with a pathetic look on his face.

“I don't know, man! I get my shit from this guy!”

I took him to the washroom and put his head in the toilet.

“You can do better than that! Tell me who your supplier is!”

“I don't know! I'm tellin' you the truth!”, he pleaded.

He wasn't talking and I didn't have the time. I took my gun out and gently placed it in his mouth. Took me five seconds to realize he wouldn't be able to talk, so I put it against his head.

“Tell me, or your mom's going to have clean all the skull and brain out of the washroom.”

“H-he's going to kill me if I tell you.”, he said.

Now we're getting somewhere.

“Tell me, or I'll kill you.”, I said. “Trust me, you'll have better luck with him.”

“Alright, I get my shit from this guy, Rob.”

Could he be talking about Robert Falcone?

“And where can I find this Rob?”, I asked.

“He hangs out at the old Iceberg Lounge. Please, that's all I know!”

I believed him. When I was done, he begged me to spare his life. Unfortunately for him, I couldn't have more drug dealers polluting my city. I left his house. No plan, short on ammo, and injured from my fight with the Ravager. Taking on the Falcone's now would be suicide. I needed a plan.

“So, we meet again, Red.” A voice spoke from rear.

I pulled out my gun and turned around. Facing me was the last person I'd expect. The Ravager.

“Come back to finish the job?” I asked.

“I've come back to help you.”

“Help me? What help would I need from you?”

“I know who you are. Ethan.. Todd, is it?”, she asked.

How does she know my name?

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This girl who I had just met a few hours ago knew my name. A name that even I had almost forgotten. One that I abandoned when I was a child.

“I don't know who that is.”, I said.

“Don't worry, I'm not your enemy. I'm here to help you get back at the Falcone family.”

I couldn't trust a word that came out of her mouth. An obvious trap.

“Stop bullshitting me.”, I said.

“Fine, don't believe me. If you want the truth, then you can just follow me.”, she said, then ran away.

Following her would've been the stupidest thing I could do, but I couldn't let her live, knowing my true identity. Or, at least that's what I told myself. I chased her. To what? I didn't know.

#2 Edited by wildvine (8320 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam

I like this, because it hints that there is more going on then little people trying to overthrow the empire. Good read sir.

#3 Edited by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
@wildvine said:

@awesam

I like this, because it hints that there is more going on then little people trying to overthrow the empire. Good read sir.

Thanks, that's what I was going for.

#4 Posted by batkevin74 (10411 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesam said:

Nice to see there's still a crime family in 2065. There's some things even Superman can't get rid of :)

#5 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
@awesam said:

Nice to see there's still a crime family in 2065. There's some things even Superman can't get rid of :)

That, or he just doesn't care.