Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam
No Caption Provided

[Red Hood's journal, entry #1.
Red Hood. A name given to me by a wanted poster. Unnecessary, but fitting. I guess they saw my red mask and thought it was a hood. Can't expect much from a T-sphere. Yesterday I killed a drug dealer. I intended on just questioning him. He pulled out a gun, but I shot first. Gotham's a rotten city. Always has been and it's not going to change anytime soon. The government pays no attention to the underclass people who starve and die in the shit-holes of this city. No one cares. No one, but me. I've been tracking a crime boss. I believe he's a Falcone. Been running a drug operation. Killing his competition. Normally I'd welcome it, but he's started using orphans as drug mules. He'll rue the day he found himself in my crosshair.]

I stood atop a building, staring at the dark rat infested streets of Gotham. A loud sound echoed to in the wind. The familiar sound of a gunshot. I followed my senses and found where shots came from. The night's kind to me. Two rival gangs having an old fashion shootout. Caught in the crossfire, a mother and her frightened child hiding behind a trash bin. I made my way down a ladder and snuck up behind one of the gangs. Four members who hardly know how to aim. Easy for me, but dangerous for unwary citizens. No need to waste any ammunition. I grabbed the first one and electrocuted him with a taser I keep under my sleeve, then slammed anothers head against the wall. The other two noticed me, but were too slow to react to my punches or kicks. Even though these guys were out cold, the other gang was still firing. Idiots. I went to the other side, using the shadows as cover. I came from behind, catching them off guard.

“Who the hell are you?” One asked.

“The last guy you wanted to see.” I said.

They pointed their guns at me and began firing senselessly. Their lack of aim or sense made it easy to evade. I electrocuted two using both my hidden tasers, then took the thirds gun and shot the fourth in the head. The fifth one shot. I avoided and the bullet hit the third instead. I picked up a metal stick I found on the ground and planted it in the fifths skull.

“Are you guys okay?” I asked the woman holding her child as I approached them.

She looked at me, terrified.

“I know you!” She said aloud. “You're that masked man whose been on the news lately! The, uh-”

“The Red Hood?” I interrupted.

“Y-yeah. You're a killer!” She yelled.

“The media has a way of making me look bad.”

“Come on, honey, let's go!” She said as she grabbed her sons arm and ran away.

You're welcome, I thought.

I left the alleyway, leaving the unconscious gang members to lie in their own blood. When I reached the streets, I noticed the police coming my way, accompanied by two Hawkmen.

Figures. Those useless sons-a-****** never arrive when you need them, I thought to myself.

The police wouldn't be a problem, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle those two Hawkmen. I had to make a quick exit, so I headed for the sewers. They followed, but not for long. By the time I got back on the streets, I was on the other side of the city. When I reached my apartment, I noticed my window was open.

“Oh, shit.” I said.

A sudden explosion blew me right through my door and into a wall. I slowly got back up, looking at my burning apartment. I had my mask and Kevlar top to thank for my survival. I knew someone was trying to kill me and whoever it is, is still here. I ran for the exit, when suddenly the door burst. Standing there was a masked woman holding two swords.

"Where do you think you're going?!" She asked.

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Pyrogram
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Great set up for the series! Also I think I may have left the PM.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@awesam: Nice, I like that he got the name from simple association...that's presuming its a male...even though someone does say masked man...still presuming though, that hood covers the whole head!:)

This bit though: You're welcome.

I thought.

I left the alleyway, leaving the unconscious gang members to lie in their own blood. When I reached the streets, I noticed the police coming my way, accompanied by two Hawkmen.

Figures. Those useless sons-a-****** never arrive when you need them.

I thought to myself.

Any reason for the two lines instead of "You're welcome" I thought? (Actually that doesn't really look any better...)

Looking forward to Ravager's origin, which ever way you go with it

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: This site has a knack for formatting on its own when you edit. What he's thinking was in italics and I accidentally added a period instead of comma, so I guess the site thought it was a different paragraph. I'll fix it.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Bit short, it ended just as it kicked off. I did like it though

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@awesam: Good stuff, just finished reading this one, and I'll move onto the second next. I like the journal-esque style. It sort of reminds me of Rorschach from Watchmen. I don't really have anything to critique, and the set up is nice. I'll be moving onto the second one and tell you what I think about it soon.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AweSam

@delphic: I was trying to make it like Rorschach.