User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from:

No Caption Provided

1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-deadshot-1-1453919/#7

2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-deadshot-2-1454129/#17

3: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-deadshot-3-1455019/#8

4: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-deadshot-4-1455361/#6

Zara tapped Cold on the shoulder and the bike slowed. Zara got off and promptly stuffed her hands into her armpits to warm them up.

“Sorry.” said Cold with a smile “Fingers and teeth are the first things that get chilly on a long ride.”

“That would’ve been handy information, six hours ago.” growled Zara through her clenched teeth.

“Look, it’ll all be okay when we get to Keystone” assured Cold “You’ll meet our fearless leader Deranger, maybe Code Red, few of the others and any newbies he’s picked up along the way”

“This is crazy!” muttered Zara as she reflected on how much her life had changed in less than seventy two hours.

“What’s crazy is you having that suit and no ammo!” said Cold pointing to the Deadshot suit stuffed awkwardly into the side satchel of the bike.

“I honestly have no idea what this suit can do” said Zara tapping it with her foot “Looks cool though and at close range it’ll blast the crap outta a Hawkman!”

Captain Cold stopped and cocked her head to listen. She scanned the horizon in a circle “Something’s up” she said as she planted a small spike into the grass beside the road and pushed the red LED on it “Might want to stand back”

"Why?"

“You’ll see"

The pair waited silently for several minutes before a red streak shot down the road towards them and was gone, a gust of wind and dust churning behind it several seconds later.

No Caption Provided

“What <cough> was that?” coughed Zara as she gasped for air amongst the dust.

“Code Red” replied Captain Cold as she detached a paper message from the spike “Okay, plan change. We’re heading to Arkansas. How do you feel about performance enhancing drugs?”

“Never met one I didn’t like” smiled Zara knowingly.

Captain Cold and Deranger hid in the bushes looking down on the Hawkman processing plant. It was quite literally a cookie cutter press that spat out rows and rows of cloned Hawkman.

“We’re going in there?” said Zara as she pulled on her Deadshot mask.

“Not yet” said Cold as she scanned the area with her binoculars “But yeah”

“This is crap!” she muttered into her helmet.

“You want out, off you go!” said Cold pointing off to the distance “Gotham’s about a week’s walk, give or take”

“Look maybe you were cut out for this hero stuff, but not me!” snapped Deadshot “I was happy cheating on my girlfriend’s and just letting things be. Now it…”

Cold crash tackled Deadshot to the floor and clamped a hand over her mouth. Zara went to protest when Cold tightened her grip and stared at her intently. Slowly Captain Cold shifted her gaze and Zara followed suit. No more than twenty feet away stood a Sandman, one of the elite SHADE agents. Advanced training by Starfire, equipped with high tech armour from Cyborg, decked out in an array of gadgets from various Batman villains, these guys made SHADE agents look like old people and SHADE agents made Hawkmen look like scrawny girls.

“Shut! Up!” whispered Cold through clenched teeth “Stop shrieking and maybe we’ll live to see tomorrow!”

For nearly an hour Cold lay on top of Deadshot as the Sandman just stood there looking down on the factory. It eventually left wandering off.

Captain Cold grabbed Deadshot by the scruff of the neck and dragged into the relative safety of the woods.

“HEY! Get offa me!” yelled Deadshot kicking like a toddler.

Captain Cold threw her into a tree and watched her bounce onto the ground as she drew her cold gun “If you want to go, then go but the suit stays”

“What?”

“If you want to go, then go. But your Deadshot suit stays so I can give it to someone who isn’t such a whiny little bitch!” said Cold.

“Oh that’s it!” Zara raised the guns on the suits and opened fire, only for the hollow click to remind her she was completely empty “Oh crap!”

Captain Cold stepped forward and push-kicked her in the gut sending her back into the tree with a crack. “I’m kinda regretting saving you back in Gotham. Now what’s it going to be?”

Zara gasped and panted trying to get her breath as she rocked in the foetal position. Slowly she got onto her knees and ripped off her mask. “Fine! I’m out!”

Captain Cold shook her head “I really di…” Her words halted as a metal spike shot out through her throat. Cold dropped her gun and clutched at her throat as the Sandman faded into view.

This is Agent Simon” said the Sandman in a cold, eerie voice “Send a T-sphere to my locale for verification of corpses

Agent Simon reefed the spike out and Captain Cold collapsed on the floor, bleeding from the quarter-sized hole in her throat. Cold looked at Zara with fearful eyes, Zara frozen in terror as her friend bled out in front of her. Within the space of a week people had been killed right in front of her in violent circumstances. Zara burst into tears.

Your pain will be over soon” stated Agent Simon as he walked towards her.

“Yours has just begun bitch!” Zara rolled and grabbed the cold gun and squeezed the trigger hitting the Sandman in the chest with a concentrated burst of ice. Agent Simon flew backwards, unprepared for the attack. Zara scooped up her mask and tried to pick up Captain Cold.

“C’mon” pleaded Zara “We’ll get you a purple ray, it’ll be fine!”

“G-g-g-g-g-g” Cold choked as blood poured from her mouth and her wound. Zara held her close.

“It’s okay, it’s okay” she whispered as Cold convulsed in her arms and then went quiet.

Agent Simon roared and charged towards them. Zara dropped the corpse and wiped the tears from her eyes with a blood smeared hand “Die!”

Another burst hurtled towards Agent Simon, who easily ducked and kept coming, a spike in each hand ready for the kill. Zara turned a dial on the gun and fired again, flechette’s of ice chattered out of the barrel like a machinegun. Agent Simon skidded to a halt as the barrage peppered his skin, obscuring his view.

“I’m going to shove this up your butt and freeze your insides!” screamed Zara as she kept firing on Agent Simon. The Sandman reached into his belt and dropped a smoke charge and disappeared. Zara spun around in a circle looking for where he’d gone.

“Not so tough” growled Zara. Her bravado short lived when a fist came out of nowhere and smashed her across the jaw, knocking her off her feet. Agent Simon shimmered into view and picked up the dropped cold gun.

I think I’m going to take your suggestion” stated Agent Simon as he pointed the weapon at Zara.

Zara gulped and closed her eyes as the weapon hummed and flashed blue.

(It's a bit shorter than usual, rated MA, owned by DC)

@joshmightbe @tommythehitman@wildvine@project_worm@awesam@bronze_surfer@dngn4774@comiccrazeraze@delphic@falconpuuunch@js_smokeman

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Pretty awesome! I feel kind of bad for Captain Cold. Ah well. Deadshot has got to be one of my favorites of Corrupted!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine

“Code Red” replied Captain Cold as she detached a paper message from the spike “Okay, plan change. We’re heading to Arkansas. How do you feel about performance enhancing drugs?”

“Never met one I didn’t like” smiled Zara knowingly.

Ah hahaha. (ahem). Nicely done sir. Zara's character has developed some, and I, for one, did not see that death coming. Nice cliff hanger ending too.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Zara isn't really hero material at all, but it seems life is pushing her into it

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was reading this on my phone during a presentation. Good job.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@awesam: Don't get fired for reading fan fic!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AweSam
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@awesam: Oh I thought you were at work, my mistake. carry on :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74: Great issue! I really liked Cold but moments like these do remind us that anyone can be taken out at any moment in this war.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@awesam said:

@batkevin74: Fired from a university? I pay them.

Damn straight! College students unite!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Everyone is on the chopping block!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshmightbe

I was just starting to like Captain Cold here, its Sharpshot all over again. Great chapter tho.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just starting to like Captain Cold here, its Sharpshot all over again. Great chapter tho.

But with no betrayal, Sharpshot sold Brain out, Captain Cold is collateral damage!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I just meant that it was another time a character died just as I was really starting to like them.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: It ain't Sharpshot all over again. If it was Captain Cold would've died in a much more meaningless death.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By joshmightbe

@tommythehitman: I know its not the same thing, I was just saying he killed a character right after I started to like them like you did when you killed Sharpshot.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Aww you killed her :(

Agent Simon reefed the spike out and Captain Cold collapsed on the floor, bleeding from the quarter-sized hole in her throat. Cold looked at Zara with fearful eyes, Zara frozen in terror as her friend bled out in front of her. Within the space of a week people had been killed right in front of her in violent circumstances. Zara burst into tears.

Your pain will be over soon” stated Agent Simon as he walked towards her

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By ImpurestCheese

This is Delphic here (ignore the fact is says Impurest Cheese [see Bastinian Mimicry]) Really cold, need help when you say T-Sphere you can guess what I think of. Same with Sandman. :-)

Bastinian Mimicry - Where something harmless masquerades as something dangerous to avoid being eaten
Bastinian Mimicry - Where something harmless masquerades as something dangerous to avoid being eaten

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: coz you started at 5 instead of 1...1 to 5 is traditional but that isn't your style

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Delphic

This is Delphic here (ignore the fact is says Impurest Cheese [see Bastinian Mimicry]) Really cold, need help when you say T-Sphere you can guess what I think of. Same with Sandman. :-)

I suppose I'm fatter...I mean flattered that you actually attempted to impersonate me. :P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ImpurestCheese
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: You know what they say about imitation :-)

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: You mean how those who do the imitating are secretly infatuated with those that they are imitating? :P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: :-) Sorry I have a girlfriend. We're going paint-balling on Saturday (Been practicing on my housemate's X-Box)

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I could care less about your social situation. I was referring to my prowess as a user and my ability as a writer being far more substantial and genius that you would actually attempt to imitate me. XD

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Nope that's not it. It's down to your superb cognitive ability, linguistic skills and to convince predators I'm venomous. XD