#1 Edited by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

Rated MA, DC owns all rights etc. Part of the CORRUPTED UNIVERSE, more stories can be found here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-the-library-1453634/

Zara screamed and dove under the bed like a little girl. The Hawkman huffed “Seriously? Hiding when I watched you go under there? Just come out so I can take you back for processing?”

Zara’s muffled response was less than flattering about the Hawkman’ mother and what he could do to himself, frequently and often.

“Look you little rat!” Hawkman grabbed the mattress and flung it up “You…” He looked down to see Zara dressed in the Deadshot uniform, arm cannons pointing at him.

“You killed my ex-girlfriend you winged son of a bitch!” Zara’s hands gripped into fists as she released two concentrated bursts of gunfire at near point blank range into the Hawkman. He convulsed as he was peppered with bullets and hit the ground. Zara got to her feet and ran to Helen, scooping up her broken body.

“I’m sorry baby” cried Zara as she cradled Helen's lifeless body “I’m so sorry”

“You okay in here?” Another Hawkman came in through the window and stopped in his tracks. He quickly unhooked his mace.

“This is Ha…” His sentenced stopped as Zara shot up and jammed the barrel of her grandfather’s gun into the Hawkman’s mouth.

“You breath funny and I’ll blow the roof of your mouth through the top of your head!” she snarled “Blink if you understand”

The Hawkman stared coldly at her before slowly blinking.

“Drop your mace” she ordered. The Nth metal weapon thudded onto the floor “CRAP! Today has got to be the worst day in the history of ever!” Zara pressed the gun further into his mouth “What the hell are you doing in my apartment anyway? Huh?”

The Hawkman tried to mumble something but Zara kept the gun wedged in his mouth. The Hawkman shrugged and pointed over his shoulder to the T-sphere hovering.

“Well that’s just great!” Zara pulsed her fist which pulled the trigger and the Hawkman’s head exploded in blood and gore. “CRAP! Jesus!”

Zara wiped her face when she noticed the T-sphere blinking rapidly. Glancing to the sky she saw reinforcements heading her way. “Stupid hair trigger! Stupid Hawkman! Stupid…AHHHHHHH!” She marched to the window and unloaded a volley into the T-sphere causing it to bolt for cover. Zara ran and grabbed the mask and the mace and headed for the door.

“I’m really sorry Helen” said Zara as she donned her grandfather’s mask and left the apartment.

Martian Manhunter stood in the apartment of Helen Dominguez. His green brow was creased as he watched the T-sphere playback and listened to the reports from the Hawkmen who responded to the call.

“Floyd Lawton has been dead for over thirty years” said J’onn “I watched him die. So how did a T-sphere register an alert he was alive?”

“Umm sir?” A Hawkman gingerly put his hand up “It only registered his costume sir. It said nothing about Lawton, just a hit on the costume. Besides it looks like a girl who opens fire on the T-sphere before the optics get knocked out, sir"

“So, someone is playing dress up with old foes equipment”. Martian Manhunter looked at the two dead Hawkmen “Add this to the recent spate of lightning…” He looked at the Hawkmen “I want a complete background of Helen Dominguez in three hours! Friends, family, partners, where she worked, everything! I want everyone and I mean everyone in this building questioned about their whereabouts since yesterday nine am. GO!”

Zara trudged through knee deep refuse, slime and sewerage. The smell inside her grandfather’s mask took the edge off the raw filth that was curdling her nostrils. She’d made it out of the apartment block and into the sewers, knowing that if she was on the street she’d be found. At least here, underground she had some time to run, time to think. Zara stopped at a five-way junction and looked around.

“Lost, smelling of poo, hunted by the authorities, girlfriend killed…ex-girlfriend killed before your eyes. Can’t get any worse!” muttered Zara “No actually, Superman could show up and that’d be worse! So a stinky sewer is NOTHING compared to that!”

A nictitating membrane blinked the sewer water from its eyes. Standing in the water was dinner. A slight sniff and then under the water again, slowly and silently, drifting towards a meal.

Zara looked up, hoping for a ladder to the surface. She’d used these tunnels before, easy escaping and short cutting across the city when she was cheating on Helen, but she couldn’t get her bearings. Zara turned and bumped into the torso of a green scaly man mountain standing behind her. She yelped and jumped back. The creature snorted and then smiled.

“Oh crap!”

@joshmightbe @blackreaper @bronze_surfer @wildvine @falconpuuunch @dngn4774 @pyrogram

#2 Edited by joshmightbe (24083 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot vs Killer Croc should be fun. Great Job

#3 Posted by TommytheHitman (2450 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait... is Zara a... lesbian? Wow hawkmen just get slaughtered now don't they?

#4 Posted by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I hope so! Lots of sewer smackdown

Wait... is Zara a... lesbian?

Yeah, I hope that's not a problem

And the Hawkmen do cop the brunt of stuff, coz their frontline troops and often first one scene.

#5 Posted by TommytheHitman (2450 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: No I'm fine with that. I just wonder what the original Deadshot would think of his Granddaughter. Also how come she's so good with a gun automatically?

#6 Edited by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

@tommythehitman: Oh so far it's been point and shoot for the first one, the second one was her accidentally blowing the Hawkman's head off and third was her unloading out the window at the T-sphere in a rage. At the moment she's kinda crap and lucky and Deadshot's suit is pretty much point and shoot! Next chapter will highlight this :)

#7 Edited by TommytheHitman (2450 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Oh Now I want to see who'd win in a fight of her and a certain character who will appear in the Brain.

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by TommytheHitman (2450 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by dngn4774 (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I hope so! Lots of sewer smackdown

@tommythehitman said:

Wait... is Zara a... lesbian?

Yeah, I hope that's not a problem

And the Hawkmen do cop the brunt of stuff, coz their frontline troops and often first one scene.

Not really played out just sort of overplayed. A lot of writers make their female characters lesbians to make them edgier, more modern or just or to play out some sort of perverted fantasy in their heads. *Nods and winks suggestively*

#11 Edited by dngn4774 (2232 posts) - - Show Bio

That being said, I like your character a lot though. I love the opening scene and the how you write about her feeling that she's in over her head. That makes her a lot easier to connect with rather than just being a pro for the beginning.

#12 Posted by TommytheHitman (2450 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: That's what I usually think they're doing. lol.

#13 Edited by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774 said:

That being said, I like your character a lot though. I love the opening scene and the how you write about her feeling that she's in over her head. That makes her a lot easier to connect with rather than just being a pro for the beginning.

She's kinda just normal. Sure her grandfather was Deadshot but her mum was a drunk. She's screwed up, little bit selfish and a lesbian because for several reasons (some purely because I'm never written one, written a gay Native American mutant but not a lesbian) And characters that are in way over their heads are soo much fun to write. Everything goes wrong and you keep spiralling wondering sometimes as you write, how the hell do I get out of this?

#14 Edited by BlackReaper (594 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have you know, I spent some of my greatest days being hunted by authorities while smelling of poo.

#15 Posted by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll have you know, I spent some of my greatest days being hunted by authorities while smelling of poo.

bwhahahahahaha well I am merely having Zara emulate your life :)

#16 Posted by wildvine (7116 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great, love Zara she's not your average super hero/villain/person :)

#18 Posted by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks, she's a little different

@wildvine: Why thank you, looking forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve

#19 Posted by ImpurestCheese (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Oh it gets better. It's like Oestra, Samhain, Litha and Yule rolled into one. Best present I could have got, thanks.

@tommythehitman: We (Lesbians) are everywhere.

#20 Posted by batkevin74 (9719 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by ImpurestCheese (3539 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: What did you say about Wicca Holidays and made up words?