Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

continued from here part 5

Metropolis

Captain Marvel and Lex Luthor square off against the Dax brothers as a squadron of Hawkmen begin to surround them. Lex looks to the Captain and tightens his mechanical fists, "Time to see what this suit can do."

Axel sends out a blast of heat vision that Lex blocks with an orange energy shield as Angus plows into Marvel with full force sending them crashing through building and out into a crowded city block. As Chris threw him off a hawkman's mace smashed down on his shoulder sending him down to a knee as another approached with an ax.

As Lex held off the blast from Axel he noticed the hawkmen coming for him and fired off several missiles and formed an energy blade and swung for the nearest one slicing open his gut. He then went for Axel who rolled away from the strike before shooting up into the air. Lex and the hawks quickly followed suit.

Chris swatted away the hawkman with the ax and swung around as he stood and smashed his fist into the face of the one behind him. He then looked to the sky seeing Lex fly over and attempted to join him but was knocked into a building by a car Angus had thrown. As he pushed the car away Angus was on his he grabbed Chris' throat with one hand while delivering vicious punches with the other three.

The Captain then put his foot on Angus' gut and launched him into the sky as several hawkmen came in smashing maces down on Chris. He roared, "Shazam."

Then burst from the pile as the Thunderbolt struck sending the hawkmen reeling. He then tried again to take to the air but was tackled by Angus. He then lifted Marvel up and hurled him through a building. Chris landed several blocks away in the middle of a school playground. He looked around at the startled children and teachers as heard something coming in from the air. He looked up just in time to see a truck flying toward the school. He instantly moved to catch it before it did any harm. As he held it in the air a hawk swooped in and drove a mace into his gut nearly causing him to drop the truck but the Captain held firm and managed to drop it safely on the road amid a full on assault from the hawks.

In the sky Lex was laughing at the ease his suit had in dispatching the hawks while at the same time he deflected Axel's every attack. Finally Axel managed to get him back on the ground and delivered several hard strikes as the few remaining hawks came down to join him. Axel began to regain some confidence until Lex caught his hand and started to chuckle, "This was an adequate test, I think we're done here."

A wave of orange energy erupted from his suit instantly killing Axel and the hawkmen. Lex looks down on the remains of his enemies, "That'll do nicely."

After Chris had dropped the truck Angus returned to the fray and slammed Marvel into the ground with enough force to rattle the playground and break the support beams holding up an overhang where most of the frightened children and teachers were standing under. Chris saw it start to fall and quickly punched Angus into the air and moved to stop it. He caught the overhang and told the people to run as Angus and the hawks flew in to continue the attack regardless of the civilians.

He then smashed the overhang into a row of hawks sending them away as Angus flew in. All but one of the hawkmen was taken out of the fight. Chris snatched Angus out of the air and held him above his head and again shouted Shazam. The thunderbolt knocked him unconscious as Chris dropped him and smashed a fist into the face of the last hawk. He then quickly left the scene as the crowd of children cheered for him.

The White house several hours later.

Superman sat in anger as Angus and the surviving hawk gave a report. Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman entered soon after. Superman then stood and turned on a large monitor showing footage the T-Spheres had gathered, "Do you know what's happening here? That's hawkmen attacking Marvel while he's trying to protect children. Do I really have to explain what you did wrong here?"

Wonder Woman interjected, "Clearly some collateral...."

Superman cut her off, "Oh that's not the good part."

He fast forwarded the video, "That's a crowd of children cheering for a man all our news outlets are telling them is a dangerous terrorist. Now they're talking about him like he's goddamned Braveheart."

He then glared at Wonder Woman, "On top of that you're hawkmen got humiliated by children and Lex f**king Luthor killed two of the Dax brothers with the power of an orange lantern. I see you've failed to eliminate the problem in Kahndaq."

She gritted her teeth, "There were complications."

Superman let out a sigh that was nearly a growl as he turned to the Martian, "Tell me you have some good news."

J'onn lowered his head.

Lex's home

Chris entered as Lex had his dinner, "Where'd you disappear to?"

He put down his fork I had to make a few...modifications to my suit."

Chris then dropped into a chair, "Well I got tied up trying to keep them from dropping a school on some kids."

Lex grinned, "I saw it on the television, saw them cheer for you as well."

Something suddenly dawned on Chris as he looked on Lex, "You drew them here intentionally didn't you?"

Lex laughed, "I keep forgetting about that wisdom of Solomon. It was for the greater good, now you look like the people's hero striving to protect them from the uncaring monsters that lord over them. You are now the hero of Metropolis and Superman is...well, me."

Chris was about to respond when he noticed Tawny in the corner. He looked over to the tiger who simply stated, "The Wizard requires you in Kahndaq."

Chris rose from the chair as Lex gave him a confused look, "Where are you headed?"

He looked back, "Apparently Kahndaq, I'll be back soon."

With that Chris shouted, "Shazam."

He then flew out.

(To be continued)

@batkevin74@tommythehitman@blackreaper@wildvine@bronze_surfer@falconpuuunch@4donkeyjohnson@dngn4774

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By wildvine

@joshmightbe

I like how you've tied all the stories together. One thought, are you over using the lightning bolt move?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ah. It really sucks to be Superman right now. Really great. However I do agree with Wildvine. You do overuse the lightning bolt move.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: @tommythehitman: That's actually intentional, basically since he's still figuring things out its kind of his crutch, its will be addressed in the CM/BA crossover.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shazam's sending him to his doom! To his doom, I say!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshmightbe: "He then glared at Wonder Woman, "On top of that you're hawkmen got humiliated by children and Lex f**king Luthor killed two of the Dax brothers with the power of an orange lantern. I see you've failed to eliminate the problem in Kahndaq."

No Caption Provided

She gritted her teeth, "There were complications."

Superman let out a sigh that was nearly a growl as he turned to the Martian, "Tell me you have some good news."

J'onn lowered his head"

Superman's about to lose his ------> :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bumped

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Love it! I can't wait u til I get caught up I've been missing this!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt: This chapter is followed up by Corrupted: Captain Marvel vs Black Adam. Its a 4 part series that's up to part 3 so far

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@joshmightbe Just finished reading the entire series. You've written a good story here that's full of action, but I sort of felt like it could have used a little more drama to it. Just a little bit more though. A whole lot of it is in the segments where you feature the league. What you might could do a little better on is how Chris is depicted. He's a good character, and I really like him, but ever since the first issue, we've never really seen as much as what he was all about, and it's been more of a punch throwing series. Seriously though, it just got better and better with each issue, and I really like how you are depicting the Hawkmen as sort of bloodthirsty and arrogant. This could make for some interesting story development later on.

Oh by the way, I would definitely be up for Kon-El and Marvel running into one another. Just PM me whenever you like to talk about it.