#1 Posted by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio

Rated MA, owned by DC, for more CORRUPTED see our library: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-the-library-1453634/#32

2034, Metropolis

Superman looked at the remnants of the battle. Hundreds of friends and foes dead in the streets. The smell and sights wreaked havoc with his super senses. His eyes welled with tears as he looked at his gutted cousin Kara. He ran his hand over the four bullet wounds Deathstroke had given him with the kryptonite bullets.

Wonder Woman landed beside him, coated in blood, her eyes dancing with fury “Are you okay?”

“If Carter hadn’t stepped in…” Superman shook his head “I’ll live. Unlike…” He looked again across the sea of the dead, wiped the tears from his eyes and took to the skies.

Superman rocketed into the upper atmosphere, his face contorted with rage and sorrow. Reaching the edge where the atmosphere ended and space began, and he looked down at the Earth, his adopted home. Hundreds of them rose up to kill him…not just rob a bank or take over the world, super villains tried to kill him and his friends on mass! Some succeeded. The battle was bloody and brutal and costly. But there were notable absences from the battle that swept Gotham, Metropolis and Keystone; the JSA and Lex Luthor!

Superman looked down as he soaked up the healing energy of the sun. He had no idea where Luthor was but he did know where the JSA were. He focused his eyes and peered down on their headquarters, and saw Jakeem Thunder casually entering the Brownstone, not a care in the world. Superman threw his head back and screamed in rage into space, the upper atmosphere pulsing at the force of his yell.

Superman crashed through the roof into Mr Terrific’s lab “Where the hell were you?”

Mr Terrific’s T-spheres swarmed around the man of steel as Michael Turner, the third smartest man on the planet, looked up from his experiments “Hello Clark”

“What in god’s name are you doing?” growled Superman

“Trying to cure cancer” replied Michael matter of factly.

“Your friends were dying in the street”

Michael pressed a button on his intercom “It’s just Superman” He stood up “There are more important things than punching each other in the street, Mr President”

“Don’t you dare patronise me Michael”

“Then don’t speak to me like I’m a child Clark!” retorted Michael

“Kara’s dead!” stated Superman.

“I’m sorry” said Michael, he reached out when Superman grabbed him by the wrist.

“The JSA SHOULD HAVE BEEN there!” said Superman “She’d be alive if you had been there”

“Get your hands off me Clark!” stated Michael as he stared down the angry kryptonian. “NOW!” Superman slowly let him go. Michael turned and went back to his experiment “I’ll send you a bill for the roof”

Superman placed a hand on Mr Terrific who spun around and punched him in the face. The blow itself didn’t hurt, but it was the audacity of it that made Superman snap. He backhanded Mr Terrific and the JSA chairman’s head turned to paste, splattered across the wall like a brutal mural. Superman looked down at the muck on his hand as the headless corpse wobbled in his grip.

“You okay Mi…” Jakeen Thunder came to a dead stop as he walked into the lab. Superman grabbed him quickly, his iron grip holding the young man’s face shut.

“Where were you?” he growled as he squeezed the young man’s head “You have a genie that…you have a genie!” Superman scanned him with his X-ray vision and grabbed the magic pen from his pocket “This can change things! But you were off doing something else. Hundreds are dead because of you, you selfish brat!” Superman shook him violently like a rag doll in a dogs mouth.

A searing yellow light and green volley of “bullets” ripped into Superman’s back “Let him go!” Superman looked over his shoulder at Dr Fate and Alan Scott.

“He must be possessed” said Alan forming a protective barrier around himself.

“I sense no demons nor magic” said Dr Fate as he prepared a spell.

Superman flung the pen, catching Dr Fate in the neck, in the slight gap between the helmet and his costume like a bullet. Fate clutched at the wound as blood spurted from his jugular. Superman whispered to Jakeem as he used him as a shield “Say it”

“S-so cool!”

The Thunderbolt genie erupted from the wound blowing the disciple of the Lords of Order to pieces. Superman mimicked Jakeem’s voice returning the confused genie to the pen. Alan Scott was horrified and summoned a huge emerald claymore.

“What have you done?” he screamed hitting Superman across the face, the blade shattering.

“Another one of you who could have save Kara or Nightwing but you’re here!” roared Superman “Doing what? NOTHING!” Superman drew back his fist and smashed Alan in the face splintering the barrier around him.

“We were dealing with Tali…” Alan didn’t get to finish when Superman hit him again, the barrier exploding and Superman had him by the throat.

“You are supposed to help and you didn’t!” yelled Superman as he slammed Alan into the floor and then stomped on him like a bug, ribs cracking, spine shattering. Alan fired off a blast but Superman countered it with his heat vision.

“You’re insane!” rasped Alan as he willed himself to his feet, an emerald exoskeleton supporting him.

“And you’re dead!” Superman clobbered the old hero with a wooden chair sending him flying. Superman took a bite from the chair and chewed it up. Alan staggered to his feet.

“What happened to you Clark?”

Superman spat a piece of wood that shot through Alan’s forehead like a bullet, killing him instantly. The man of steel looked around and retrieved Fate’s helmet then walked over to Jakeem who lay prone on the floor, trembling like a leaf.

“You’re useless!” declared Superman as he flash fried him with his heat vision before heading over to Alan as the Starheart leeched from his body. Superman looked at the helmet and the green energy and smiled as an idea formed in his mind. Then his super hearing picked up a familiar phrase from near the roof.

“Holey Moley!”

Marvel!

Superman removed his cape and placed it over Alan’s body and stepped back behind a bank of Mr Terrific’s computers. He would get one shot at this as he put his hand inside the helmet, gripping it like a magical boxing glove, waiting for the world’s mightiest mortal to enter…

(leads straight into http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/corrupted-captain-marvel-1453106/#13 )

@dngn4774 @awesam @blackreaper @joshmightbe @js_smokeman @delphic @pyrogram @wildvine @bronze_surfer @comiccrazeraze @tommythehitman (I think that's everyone...sorry if I missed you, trying to remember off the top of my head)

#2 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2860 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome, like how Superman just loses it.

#4 Edited by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Thanks :)

@joshmightbe: He was angry and it got out of hand and it just escalated. And he keeps going because they attack him, viscious cycle

#5 Posted by AweSam (7107 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you even read the argument?

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Its okay to not have batman involved in everything

#7 Posted by Delphic (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74 Interesting. Well I don't mean to quote Anchorman, but:

The only thing that kind of bothers me is Terrific's reaction to the fact that there were a lot of deaths. It doesn't even seem to faze him really, and it comes across almost as he doesn't really care. I don't really see that in Terrific, but it's fine. Superman's reaction was appropriately enough rather spot on for what happened, and it really does help to shape the Iron Fist dictator that he is described as in the whole mythos of what we have going for Corrupted. So good show ^_^

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: "Maybe he can beat Alan to death with a WOODen bat" Yup! Sure did! Superman clobbered Alan with a chair and then spat a wooden bullet through his head, close to what you wanted :)

An angry Superman went to the JSA looking for an explanation from them, which he found unsatisfactory. His initial killing of Mr Terrific was an accident, then he was attacked. Superman used magic to kill a magical character, hitting him in the one spot that is actually exposed flesh (I thought about hitting him in the earhole but they changed his helmet) that gap. Superman can throw like a railgun! Dr Fate whilst magical is just a sorceror and doesn't move or see faster than bullets. Once Fate was out, the escalation continued and him versus Alan Scott, whilst Alan has been a GL longer than most others against an angry Superman he's on borrowed time.

Marvel gets pummelled by Superman being sneaky and the rest of the JSA were off chasing Talia Al Ghul from Alan's comment.

In a perfect world this battle would have gone on for weeks, Superman didn't have weeks (neither did I). In the end he walked away victorious and the JSA paid the price for not siding with him...which continues as a theme through this when he ripped of Hal's arm in 2041 and threw Aquaman into the sun!

Hope that works

#9 Edited by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio
@delphic said:

@batkevin74 Interesting. Well I don't mean to quote Anchorman, but:

Well he was trying to cure cancer, possibly on the verge of a breakthrough. Its also like most super battles, the Titans kick Trigon up and down 5th Avenue yet Superman, six blocks away in his own book, does nothing. In my mind Mr Terrific had moved from superhero to benefactor/scientist leaving the punchups in the street to others whilst he went about doing something practical...which is why Superman stole his T-spheres!

#10 Posted by TommytheHitman (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! However people are still going to rage. Their reactions weren't too quick to seem ridiculous and Superman shows how he stared as an evil dictator.

#11 Edited by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by dngn4774 (2238 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Nice chapter! I don't know if Jakeem would sell out Doctor Fate to preserve himself, or if Terrific would be so cold after PG's death but that is minor stuff. Overall it read very well. I just have one question, whatever happened to the starheart after Alan died?

#13 Posted by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio

@dngn4774: Oh I went with Superman tricked Jakeem, of sorts. He's just a kid with a magic pen, by Superman impaling Fate with it and goading Jakeem into saying his magic word which unleashes Thunderbolt, the magical genie explodes from the pen, that pen embedded in Fate's neck. Jakeem did what he'd normally do, get his magical friend but Superman stacked the deck in his favour by initially shaking Jakeem like a doll & injuring Fate with the pen. So Jakeem didn't sell out, but was pointed in the direction Superman wanted, to take out someone who could kill him.

As for the Starheart...well that's another story :)

#14 Posted by AweSam (7107 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: It's fine, since Superman's the big bad, but I think he should have had reinforcements.

#15 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: Prometheus took down the JLA...well he did have prep, seemingly all stories start with someone wiping the floor with someone, like the Tower of Babel where people, relatively normal people, took out the JLA with Batman's plans or Doomsday versus the League or Terra when she betrayed the Titan's from the inside.

But yes, Superman taking out the JSA single-handedly is a bit of stretch, @batkevin74 did a good job but I do see your point AweSam :)

#16 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2860 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: The first arc of Grant Morrison's run I think...maybe second. Prometheus sneaks onto the Moon, beats Batman with his digital helmet, tells Flash there's motion bombs so he cant run, makes Superman fly off to space to stop a distraction, traps some people in the Ghost Zone; basically shuts down the League by himself. Grant Morrison kinda made him the anti-Batman

#18 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2860 posts) - - Show Bio

@4donkeyjohnson: Damn... so imagine him during corrupted. He probably died in the battle at metropolis

#19 Posted by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@batkevin74: It's fine, since Superman's the big bad, but I think he should have had reinforcements.

But then it would've possibly turned into a super battle if Wonder Woman had tagged along

@bronze_surfer: I'm sure Prometheus got whacked, probably by Jason Todd would be my guess :)

@awesam: Prometheus took down the JLA...well he did have prep, seemingly all stories start with someone wiping the floor with someone, like the Tower of Babel where people, relatively normal people, took out the JLA with Batman's plans or Doomsday versus the League or Terra when she betrayed the Titan's from the inside.

But yes, Superman taking out the JSA single-handedly is a bit of stretch, @batkevin74 did a good job but I do see your point AweSam :)

True, most new villains/heroes in their introduction wipe the floor with everyone...Court of Owls did it with Batman, the whole ridiculous Blackest Night...but as I said above, I add more people it makes the story longer and takes the focus of Superman shifting from good to bad, its not about him JUST going evil, it's the slow slip, the blurring line, the accidental death that keeps pushing him that before he realises or can change is EVIL!

#20 Posted by batkevin74 (9754 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump