CORRUPTED: A new universe collective

• 66 results
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely...what about super power?

The JLA meant well, but like the old adage, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions! They took over the world, the heroes that once protected now ruled and with that rule the lines got blurred and before they knew it or could stop it, they were dictators. In their minds they are doing what is best for mankind, mankind disagrees.

The year is 2065, not too far away. Superman and his queen Wonder Woman are the head of the League, Martian Manhunter their head of the secret police. Batman was killed in 2063, but his brain survives in a jar awaiting a high-tech cyborg body to be completed. Green Lantern was killed for insubordination by Superman who now wields his power ring, he also uses the Helmet of Nabu making him almost a god. Aquaman tried to restore the League to its former ideals and was hurled into the sun. Others fell into line or suffered a similar fate.

So now the children and grandchildren, and some great grandchildren, of the villains and heroes have started to unite and fight back. But revolution is slow, especially when their enemy can hear clouds scrape together and his chief of police is a psychic intangible shapeshifter.

The players

Superman: The ruler of Earth. Now has a GL power ring and the helmet of Nabu. He used the ring and the helmet to locate all the world's kryptonite and cast it into the supermassive black hole at the centre of the Milky Way.

Wonder Woman: Superman's queen and mother of two year old Clark. Trainer of the Hawkmen.

Batman: Kept alive by science, the Dark Knight's brain lives in a jar awaiting the building of a cyborg body.

Martian Manhunter: The head of the secret police, SHADE

The Hawkmen: The regular patrolling soldiers of the League. All loyal cloned troops from the original Hawkman

Deranger: is the unofficial leader of the revolution. His parents were Ravager and Batman Quinn, making him the grandson of both the Joker and Deathstroke. Holds the last four pieces of natural kryptonite on Earth, three green and one red.

Code Red: The daughter of Jesse Quick and Red Lantern Jack Moore, is superfast and able to create objects out of the speed force, but only when she's angry. Acts as the messenger for the revolution.

Escrima: A mysterious vigilante operating in direct defiance of the League. Using from all reports Big Barda's Mega-Rod and Starman's Cosmic Rod, she regularly attacks Hawk patrols in Keystone City. So far she has evaded all attempts to catch her, boding the question of WHEN Superman will step in to the fray.

So there's the pitch, any one interested? I will set up PM after expressions of interest below and write the opening chapter to set the tone. I intend this to be a finite series, because without an end point or goal we may end up like DC: 5th World which started great but then lost its way and faded away.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@batkevin74: This is really cool. I have a question though. Which Green Lantern did he kill and what about the other groups like the Justice Society and what not?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds cool I'll be glad to join if you'll have me

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Love to have you on board, was kinda counting on it :)

@bronze_surfer: Well "Others fell into line or suffered a similar fate" so pretty much they either joined up or they got dealt with! The Green Lantern was Hal, the best GL :) The Hawkmen are clones of the original Hawkman and Superman has Dr Fate's helmet, so the JSA probably put up a fight and came off second best. But these are concepts to be addressed

@pyrogram @time_phantom@wildvine if you're interested?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I have an idea starting to form about a new version of Captain Marvel if that's okay.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good idea, I'll happily watch from the sideline though

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Cool! I have in my mind how Billy died so your person can have the mantle

@pyrogram: Thanks, look forward to what you've got

@4donkeyjohnson: Thanks...you can play you know

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By dngn4774

This sounds amazing. The Deranger sounds like the coolest character so far.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Sweet, drop me a PM with how you'd like his death to go down, I had a few thoughts as well. I'll see what I can come up with from there.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about a Black Adam-guy? If that's alright with @joshmightbe, I'd like a shot.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackreaper: I had a vague thought about using Black Adam but if you have an actual story idea for him go for it, I'm content with Capt. Marvel. And yes it will be Captain Marvel not Shazam cause it was his name first.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackreaper: I had a vague thought about using Black Adam but if you have an actual story idea for him go for it, I'm content with Capt. Marvel. And yes it will be Captain Marvel not Shazam cause it was his name first.

Well, I have an idea, but it really depends on how you wanted to use him and how often. You could always add him into your story even if I'm writing him.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Could I do Flash? I don't really care which one Barry, Wally, Jay, Bart any one works for me.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe

@blackreaper: I just had a small notion that could just as easily be dropped all together so do whatever you want with him and if I get any actual ideas I'll run them past you.

@bronze_surfer: You may be able to make a new Flash tho I'd run that by @batkevin74 first.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: We'd love you to join us, if you want maybe I'll let you have the Deranger coz I've seen your other stuff

@bronze_surfer: I don't mind a Flash, we have one Code Red but she's more for moving the plot along, a vital yet important NPC. Your Flash will probably have to be a kid or grandkid of a speedster (or someone else) because the League dealt with those who didn't tow the line plus it's 50 years from now

@blackreaper and @joshmightbe I don't mind double shazaming, one taking the Captain Marvel (Solomon,Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury) gods and the other calling Black Adam's (Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, Mehen) but both Billy Batson and Black Adam meet a nasty end because they're a threat to Superman. You can have the wizard or some other Marvel Family grant your new person the powers, maybe its a time share arrangement that when one has "the shazam" the other is powerless making for interesting (possibly impossible) writing if you two coordinate.

So far in terms of writers we have myself, @blackreaper@joshmightbe@pyrogram@bronze_surfer and possibly @dngn4774 will get a PM together soon and opening/scene setter chapters.

@joygirl@ravager4 you may be curious or interested in this, you also may not :)

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlackReaper

@batkevin74 said:

@blackreaper and @joshmightbe I don't mind double shazaming, one taking the Captain Marvel (Solomon,Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, Mercury) gods and the other calling Black Adam's (Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, Mehen) but both Billy Batson and Black Adam meet a nasty end because they're a threat to Superman. You can have the wizard or some other Marvel Family grant your new person the powers, maybe its a time share arrangement that when one has "the shazam" the other is powerless making for interesting (possibly impossible) writing if you two coordinate.

I was actually thinking of making his the son of Black Adam. Although, it really depends on when Black Adam died. Josh's Captain Marvel can be the official guy. I was thinking Black Adam could probably have transferred his powers over. Hes done it before.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Ok I will get to work. I would do the Specter but I think he is to OP for this. Speaking of which what happened to him? Even with the Ring and Helmet I don't think sups could beat him.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'm in! Just send me the pm when you're ready to set things up.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackreaper: That'd be much easier on me if Adam just handed off his power like when he did it for Mary Marvel a few years back

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74:Maybe there should also be a secret government project creates a clone made from Superman's former enemies. I was thinking it should have the durability and bruteforce of Doomsday, the intelligence of Brainiac and the battle prowess of Darkseid.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@batkevin74:Maybe there should also be a secret government project creates a clone made from Superman's former enemies. I was thinking it should have the durability and bruteforce of Doomsday, the intelligence of Brainiac and the battle prowess of Darkseid.

Superman's overpowered enough here.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dngn4774

@blackreaper: I meant for the clone to fight against superman, not to join them.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@blackreaper: I meant for the clone to fight against superman, not to join them.

I meant in the world altogether. Also, I think Darkseid and Doomsday should still exist. Perhaps Doomsday was contained/imprisoned.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the world like, exactly?

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackreaper: To me it sounds similar to how the Injustice story is except with a more powerful superman and more dead hero's.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My idea for Captain Marvel is forming quite nicely but I'll have to wait and see what @batkevin74 is planning to know exactly how its going to work.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch: Sure, I'll add you into the PM which hopefully will be up soon

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch: Sure, I'll add you into the PM which hopefully will be up soon

Cool. Also, is this reincarnations of past characters or original characters? Like do our characters have to be related to old characters in any way (or be them) or can they be just completely original?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By batkevin74

@falconpuuunch: I'd prefer original but whatever you feel comfortable writing should be fine (unless of course in contradicts something I've set up like Aquaman is dead etc) When the PM is up and I've finished writing Corrupted Book 1, we'll talk :)

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconpuuunch: I'd prefer original but whatever you feel comfortable writing should be fine (unless of course in contradicts something I've set up like Aquaman is dead etc) When the PM is up and I've finished writing Corrupted Book 1, we'll talk :)

Sure thing, looking forward to it. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I tried to add you to the PM and your name doesn't appear in the drop box??

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no thank you. Happy to watch and to comment but active participation, no. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, no thank you. Happy to watch and to comment but active participation, no. :)

Shame, give it a try...you may like it :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By TommytheHitman
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Sure! I shall add you to the PM which explains the premise, set up, expectations etc and yeah. The Brain you mean that robot brain in love with the french gorilla...coz we actually already have a brain in a jar (seriously Batman's in a jar)

JS_Smokeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JS_Smokeman

I will join, but i have to find a character to do first.

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@js_smokeman said:

A lot to choose from.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know, you're welcome to play :)

JS_Smokeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JS_Smokeman

how about timber wolf?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@batkevin74 Hey it would make it easier to choose characters if there was a list showing who's writing who.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@js_smokeman: Send me a pitch either here or via PM, not overly familiar with Timber Wolf

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman said:

@batkevin74 Hey it would make it easier to choose characters if there was a list showing who's writing who.

We have the library for that.

JS_Smokeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: like who the character is or what i'm wanting to do with him.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is amazing

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By batkevin74
JS_Smokeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74 i'm writing you the pitch now should be done in about 10 minutes. :D