Coming Soon: Gotham Hearts Ultimate Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

So, as most of you know, ComicVine has just discovered the wonders of WattPad and it just became quite exciting. I've been playing around with the site a little bit and I really enjoy the way it works -- I've added a couple of stories and, over time, I plan to add a great deal of my completed or otherwise higher-quality fanworks and original fictions. Among these, I have decided to add an old fan fave, the story that I'm still riding on the coattails of: Gotham Hearts.

"Gotham Hearts?"

Gotham Hearts is a fan-fiction I posted a few years ago. It won two awards and persists in being the one people care most about. Most of the veteran members of this site's FF section know exactly what I'm talking about, but I realize that newer members may not.

Here comes the exciting part -- before posting Gotham Hearts on the site, I'll be giving it an overhaul. This unfinished draft was previously known as "Gotham Hearts X" but was never completed. Now that I have additional motivation (putting my best foot forward on a new site) I am re-dubbing this project the Gotham Hearts Ultimate Edition. I expect it to be finished within the week provided sloth does not get the better of me.

What do I plan to change?

Excellent question.

• Minor grammatical updates. My English has improved a good deal since writing the first version of Gotham Hearts, so giving this story an edit will increase the quality of its grammar.
  • More solid canon. The original story was in a bit of a gray area, lying between Pre- and Post-Flashpoint and also linking into the somewhat altered Mayhem universe. This edited story will alter the pre-existing canon very slightly to make it fit more firmly within the Pre-Flashpoint DCU and nothing else. This will be considered a standalone fan-work novella taking place in an alternative universe to the Mayhem Gotham Hearts.
  • Extended/edited scenes. I originally wrote the story as a series of extremely short serials, and as such a few of the scenes were rushed and shortened, such as the scenes with Two-Face and the later scenes involving Jason Todd and Azrael. This edited version, while not changing scenes per se, will expand them, flesh them out, and give them some more room to breathe.
  • Minor storyline edits to line up with fan complaints. Believe it or not, not everything about the story was perfect -- this is especially true for the ending, which was a bit rushed and gratuitous. As a few of these have been brought to my attention, I will make a few subtle edits in an attempt to make the ending flow a bit more smoothly.

"Why should I care?"

You probably don't. But hey, in the event that you do, consider this an advertisement of sorts -- a "trailer" of things to come.

Stay fresh, ComicVine.

-- Joygirl

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joygirl: When does it come out. I loved your original GH run

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Cool. Been thinking of joining Wattpad but don't know what I would write for it

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joygirl

@impurestcheese: I've been posting old stuff so far, see how I like it and see if any of my work gets any actual attention.

Also, here's a very exciting teaser: Some of the places where I used MSPaint to erase Ivy can be spotted, but when I actually use it as a cover it will only be 256x400 so it'll be a lot harder to spot. ^_^

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl Ah cool. Might put some PSOC issues up if I join

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is going to be awesome!! I loved Gotham Hearts.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be awesome!! I loved Gotham Hearts.

I certainly hope it lives up to you guys' expectations. ^-^

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

"Why should I care?"

You probably don't.

Correct!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#10  Edited By cbishop
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joygirl

@cbishop: He hasn't liked me for a while now.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74
@cbishop said:
@batkevin74 said:

"Why should I care?"

You probably don't.

Correct!

Batkev'! Rudeness! Wow man, having a bad week?

No, not rude just answering a question. Was a bit of a cheap shot because

@joygirl said:

So I shall resume my normal pattern of total avoidance and zero communication, which has served us both well so far.

No Caption Provided

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:
@batkevin74 said:

"Why should I care?"

You probably don't.

Correct!

Batkev'! Rudeness! Wow man, having a bad week?

No, not rude just answering a question. Was a bit of a cheap shot because

@joygirl said:

So I shall resume my normal pattern of total avoidance and zero communication, which has served us both well so far.

It's not avoidance if you still make the occasional cheap shot. Why are you so pissed off @joygirl? It's been over a month.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

@dngn4774: Oh we've been successfully avoiding each other since about Sept 2013. But it randomly commented on something of mine, not directly to me mind you. So as I said above ^ yes it was a cheap shot to a question it asked, to which now I am returning to avoidance and leaving be. I'll stay well away from whatever it chooses to do, write & comment on.

We now return you to the Spanglish snow channel "Zero Nada Communicado Infinitus" Good night! :)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Interesting stuff.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dngn4774

@batkevin74: "It" is still a human being and should be treated as such. Avoidance is fine, but disrespect is not.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson
No Caption Provided

This is a chill pill. I think everyone should take one, 3 deep breathes and call me in the morning

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 SC  Moderator

@batkevin74: Hello. Don't post in this thread anymore. Your initial comment was inappropriate and so have many of your resulting replies. Replies you could have easily sent in a PM to users unaware of your history with the user who created this thread. This is a warning. If you have questions or worries PM me.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Are you going to explain what Batman was doing before popping in at the very end of Gotham Hearts? I'd be really psyched to see more from the overshadowed characters such as Batman, Two-Face, and the Penguin.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: I plan to make all that stuff happen, yeah. As I said before, the original story was a bit rushed and messy in areas -- I'm gonna work on making the whole thing seem more well-rounded while staying generally streamlined.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#24  Edited By wildvine

@joygirl:

I'd love more info on the Joker murder plot as well.