Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Oh, good just what I needed for my nonexistent social life, Buddy Holly glasses

Smallville, Kansas 1995

It was summer time and Clark was out feeding the horses when he started feeling pressure around his eyes. Jonathan walked past and noticed him rubbing the sides of his head trying to relieve the tension, "Headache?"

Clark nodded and then opened his eyes to see his father, "Holy crap!"

Jonathan gave Clark a strange look as he fell back over a hay bail, "What's wrong?"

As he walked over Clark had his eyes squeezed shut, then he peeked out, "I just say your bones, the horses too, right through the skin like an X-ray."

Jonathan's eyes went wide,"That's new. Is it still happening?"

Clark shook his head, "Nah, bu for..."

Clark slammed his eyes shut again, "I'm gonna need to work at this one, aren't I?"

Jonathan helped him to his feet, "Looks like it."

As they walked to the house suddenly Clark jumped back again, "What now?"

He looked to his dad, "For a second there it looked like I was gonna run into the front door."

Later Martha walked in to see Clark and Jonathan staring at a series of objects, "What are you boys up to?"

Clark looked over, "Apparently I can now give people X-rays, in Cleveland."

She looked at the quizzically,"Huh?"

Jonathan grinned, "Well we've figured out Clark's eyes can work like a telescope, a microscope and an X-ray machine all in one. So we're trying to get them under control so he can still see normally as well."

She sighed and grabbed something out of the grocery bag, "I got those chips you like."

She then tossed Clark the bag. Before he caught it the bag suddenly burst into flame, "Oh, what the hell?"

Jonathan and Martha stared at Clark, "Yes i did it."

The next day when Clark woke up he very gingerly opened his eyes and let out a sigh of relief when nothing happened. He then sat up and immediately burned two small holes in his wall,"Crap."

Clark stumbled down the stairs with his eyes shut tight and made his way to the breakfast table. Jonathan looked over, "I got to thinking last night and I figured if the glass on your ship could take the heat from entering the atmosphere, it might be able to block out the heat from your eyes."

Clark shook his head, "You got this idea from the Discovery channel, didn't you?"

Jonathan glared, "It doesn't matter where the idea came from, point is I spent a few hours last night grinding some of the glass to fit in these."

He then placed a pair of glasses on Clark's face, "Okay, take a look."

Clark turned to a mirror, "Are these Grandpa's old glasses?"

"Its either that or burn down the farm, just wear them til you figure out how to control the laser eyes."

Clark corrected him, "Heat vision, I'm calling it heat vision."

He looked over, "You think this is all? I mean am I going to wake up tomorrow spitting acid or smelling arm pits in New Jersey?"

Jonathan grabbed a slice of bacon, "Here's hoping you're done, unless you happen to get bill paying vision. That'd be handy."

Clark narrowed his eyes, "Pass the milk."

(To be continued)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

"Holy crap!"

Jonathan gave Clark a strange look as he fell back over a hay bail, "What's wrong?"

As he walked over Clark had his eyes squeezed shut, then he peeked out, "I just say your bones, the horses too, right through the skin like an X-ray."

Nice work, its Smallville-esque!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: A little but I promise it won't take 10 years to get him in the suit

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Here's part 3

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SandMan_

Are you going to finish the Marvel Superman storyline by any chance?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@SandMan_: yea I just haven't been able to come up with something for the next chapter of it yet

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Nice to see Clark's powers develop. Always did wonder where the glasses came from. Guess I now know.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop

I liked that you made a reason for the glasses too. Put me down for "bill paying vision" too please. :)

Added to my FF Long Box. :)