Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

I don't know about this.

Smallville, Kansas 1997

Clark and Jonathan hadn't said more than two words at a time to each other in several weeks and Martha had been put in the role of buffer. Over the last week she had become annoyed with it and decided to put an end to it. She woke up before either of them on Saturday and went to her sister's house for the day.

Jonathan woke up and found a note on her pillow that read, ' Quit being stupid and work things out with your son.'

He sighed and pulled himself out of bed and got dressed.

"Wake up."

Clark opened his eyes to see Jonathan standing over him, "What?"

Jonathan sat at Clark's desk, "If you're gonna go play hero, you're gonna be safe about it."

The two sat at the breakfast table as Jonathan told Clark about one of his old war buddies, "The thing about Jerry was that he looked like the most mild mannered unassuming guy you could ever meet. Now whenever we got in real trouble Jerry would change almost completely and I could swear if I didn't know better I'd say it was two different men."

Clark puts down his pop tart, "What're you getting at."

Jonathan took a sip from his coffee before continuing, "Well considering you won't even wear masks on Halloween, I doubt you're gonna go for one every day. So you're gonna need to make it seem like you're two different people. Let's say for the moment Clark Kent, the normal guy and Kal-El the Kryptonian."

Clark looked curious, "How am I supposed to do that?"

Jonathan stood up, "That's what we're gonna figure out, get your coat we're going to the book store."

They came home with a stack of books all about acting and disguises. Clark already had his nose in one, He puffed out his chest with his hand on his hip and then slouched a bit, "Does it make me look different to you?"

Later Martha arrived home and noticed Jonathan and Clark tossing a foot ball and found Lana sitting on the porch swing, "What are they up to?"

Lana looked over, "He's teaching Clark how to fumble a foot ball."

Clark came up in a clumsy manner adjusting his glasses, "Hey, Ma."

She looked him over and glared at Jonathan, "Did you get my son drunk?"

He gave her annoyed look,"Of course not."

Clark straitened up, "We're working on my secret identity."

They all went into the house and explained what was going on to Martha, "It needs work, I mean yea, you seem different but you're still gonna need to function as a normal person half the time. Walking around like a bumbling idiot will draw a lot of attention."

Jonathan looked at Clark, "She did do pretty well in her college drama class."

She swatted him in the back of the head, "Also you're gonna need to do more than take off you're glasses, I'm thinking some kind of really distinctive outfit that will distract people from your face enough to help sell the whole disguise. "

Later she came down the stairs with a large box filled with blankets and some infant sized clothing. She dropped it on the table, "These arrived with you, I intended to save them and make you a quilt but I kept breaking my scissors on the fabric, But now that you have the whole laser eye thing it might be a bit easier to make something with them."

Clark pulled out a long red piece of fabric with the Symbol of the house of El on it, "I'll give it a shot."

The next day Lana walked in to see Clark standing in front of a body length mirror looking the suit over. She chuckled a bit, "That will definitely keep eyes off your face."

Clark looked back, "Wait till you see it with the cape."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Yea this one was just because I needed to introduce the idea of his secret identity without shoehorning it in with something else. I have something better planned for the next chapter.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Oh I didn't take it as an insult or anything I was just explaining what I was doing with this chapter

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe said:

Lana looked over, "He's teaching Clark how to fumble a foot ball."

Clark came up in a clumsy manner adjusting his glasses, "Hey, Ma."

She looked him over and glared at Jonathan, "Did you get my son drunk?"

Ha ha ha very good

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: Thanks, glad you're liking it

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By thespideyguy

@joshmightbe: Awesome, you make your fics look so easy.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#9  Edited By cbishop

"He's teaching Clark how to fumble a foot ball."

Added to my FF Long Box. :)