Civil War # 9

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The BatCave, Manhattan

Oracle in a green tank top was watching media reports of Bruce Wayne's stance on the Registration Act. Things weren't looking so good as citizens were now starting to perceive, Wayne as a traitor. She was just glad, the stance against him, wasn't enough for Luthor to just come out and announce that the head of Wayne Enterprises, was a crime-fighting vigilante.

But that moment of glee was cut short, as images of Deathstroke & Orion were on the screen, with journalists, claiming that heroes were now teaming up with criminals.

Soon Batman in his cowl, but still in bandages rolled up in a wheelchair next to Barbara

"So Luthor is going that far to undermine what I stand for, and make sure I give up my public identity, I must admit, it's a good strategy."

Oracle looked at Bruce with wide-eyes "You can't be serious, this corrupt government is going to ruin your public reputation. They say we're allies with villains, when they're the real villains."

Batman in a frigid voice "No they're not...I don't agree with the Registration Act but I see the premise on which it is built on. In the last 5 years, superheroes have reached the peak of their abilities. Superman now has a solar suit, Static is a potential master of the magnetic field, Steel has a combat suit that is stored in his body, effectively making him a cyborg. The government are just trying to protect the people by using this as an emergency clause."

"But how could you take the sides of Superman, Look what he did to you Bruce, he put you in a wheelchair, he ended your career."

Batman responded "That he did, but I also shot at him with kryptonite bullets, in his mind he thought I wanted to murder him which I would never stoop to. But this may sound stupid, but when Superman paralyzed me it, made me realize something. That him fighting for Registration is deeper than him wanting to be accepted, it's his way of paying back his family."

Oracle confused at the statement "H-his family?"

Batman nodded "Yes his family. Humanity took an alien toddler with loving arms, whether in the form of farmers or a Daily Planet worker, and nurtured him as a member of their society, and later on they accepted him as Earth's Champion. Humanity made Superman, they created his identity, and Clark feels that he has to pay them back, even if it means sacrificing things that matter to him most."

Oracle laughed "You would think with all that mumbo jumbo, you would go on and join them?"

Bruce shook his head "I could never side with Registration, my identity could put me and others in jeopardy for one, and remember where we come from Barbara, The MRA is just a different form of the system used in Gotham, look at how many of the politicians and law enforcement are working with the mobs, in their own games. Everyone's a weapon, and I'm glad Green Arrow snapped me out of quitting, because that's exactly what I would've become."

"But look at you, you're in a wheelchair. You're one of our most valuable assets, and you can't even fight alongside us in battle". Tears began to flow down the edges of Barbara's glasses. Bruce was like her uncle.

Soon Bruce grew angry with himself. He stared at Oracle "Don't worry, I'll find a way"

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dick Grayson in his Nightwing uniform, stood in an office by the window, conversing with Lex Luthor who was in his combat uniform.

"Lex, did you decommission Galatea?" He disliked this man, but at this point being on the anti-registration side wasn't any better. It became more about revolution than the cause, the thrill instead of the motive.

"Oh don't worry, she has strict command never to attempt any stunts like that. Now I believe you had some information to tell me." Despite his cool demeanor, Lex was serious.

"There's a BatCave in Manhattan, as you know..." Nightwing pulled out a GPS with a red dot, hovering over the location of the HQ. He passed it to Lex. "Whatever you want do, just don't hurt Batman."

Lex grinning "Oh this will be a beautiful night for the Bat."

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone was talking with each other in the central pavillion of the Batcave until an explosion happened destroying a wall. Out came Lex Luthor with a group of villains.

"Trouble in Paradise....."

To Be Continued....

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@jnr6lil: I finally caught up! These last two issues are making me really loath Nightwing. It's still interesting though but I'm hoping the Anti-Registration team makes a comeback.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dngn4774: Hate Nightwing? Nightwing is just trying to get Bats to come to his sense, he doesn't want him to be hurt though.