Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

DC Civil War Library

Zambesi

Vixen is standing in the grain fields of Zambesi, enjoying the fresh air and sunlight. She still had her totem necklace, but she looked different. Her hair had grown to shoulder length and she died it with brown highlights. She worn an orange sundress. But soon to her surprise is a bald man with green eyes and a goatee in a Green Lantern uniform.

Looking up, confused at his presence "What do you want John?" Since they've broken up, and he got back together with Shayera, they haven't been exactly on speaking terms. Not because they were angry at each other. It was just...awkward.

John in his utmost voice of seriousness "Join the war."

Vixen failing to comprehend asked "What war?"

John in no mood to explain "Registration"

Vixen giving out a beaming smile "Oh that old thing? Nah...I won't."

John attempting to convince Vixen, knowing that her powers could turn a tide "Vixen whatever happened between us, move on from it, We need you...I need you."

Vixen laughing at John "Boy, no one's thinking about you. I refuse to fight other superheroes in the name of America, I'm just going to stay in Africa."

John, softening up "With Buddy Baker, huh?"

Vixen, smirking "Relax, we're just friends...You're going to have to tell Waller, I decline her offer. And because I'm now staying in Africa, for how long this conflict drags out, I don't have to abide by MRA law."

John giving out a small smile "You amaze me, Mari"

Vixen, than stepped forward and hugged John "I amaze everyone, why do you think I became a model."

John replied "That's true." And with that a green aura surrounded his body as he flew back to America.

Soon a blonde haired man dressed in archaeologist clothing walked up to Mari and put an arm around her.

He asked "Who was that"

Responding with a small smile "Oh, just an old friend".

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The Seven Seas

Hawkgirl swam to Atlantis dressed in her gray combat uniform. Queen Mera's magical abilities allowed specific surface dwellers to breath underwater without special aid. Making her way to the underwater city, she shifted to walking, as she began trotting towards the magnificent palace, that was the home of the King. Even though she was amongst friends, Aquaman didn't allow her to bring her Nth Metal. It was too powerful of an object, that would disrupt the natural order that he established, after Devil Ray almost led a coup against Atlantis, 5 years ago.

Stepping into the green and gold decorated palace of the King. Walking towards the throne room, she was met by two guards standing at the entrance. One of them, a slim, medium sized man said stepped forward

"Those who wish to speak with the King must request a meeting."

Shayera who had a quick temper, proceeded to attack the guard. She already requested an appointment. This guard was just idiotic. Using her superhuman strength, she grabbed the guard by his neck and threw him into the throne room.

She walked forward stepping over the guard saying to Aquaman who was seated on his throne "Get some more intelligent guards, will ya."

Aquaman who was appalled at her actions. then proceeded to chuckle. He was dressed in his usual green pants with his green cape & gold emblem. Unusually the Trident of Poseidon wasn't with him. Oddly he also no longer possessed his harpoon hand. It was instead replaced with a hand made out of water. "Shayera you brash woman." He than walked over to embrace her with a hug.

"So what is it you come to me with Shayera?"

Shayera going straight to the point "War between the metahuman community is approaching us, in a couple of days. We need your---------"

Aquaman's boiling point already emerged. Steaming with anger "You want me to join you in war?! My greatest friend on the surface world, is sent to recruit me as a foot soldier of surface-dwellers, who lack the aptitude for appreciating someone who protects them everyday?"

Shayera, knowing how to combat Arthur's anger bursted out "But, if you help us, maybe you will be seen better in the public light?"

Aquaman glaring at her with steely eyes "What makes you think I want to help, cowards who pollute my domain, every single day of their lives. Why would I want to partake in such treason?! Betray my allies, I'm disappointed in you Shayera, you're one of the few people I respect in the upper realm. I have deeper problems to attend to than to worry about humanity's foolish quarrel that stems from arrogance and insecurities."

Showing Shayera, his left hand made out of water. "This hand was blessed by the Lady of the Lake. It has more power than the Trident of Poseidon. Shayera, you of all people knows what it means to have godlike power. And I as a God, can not tamper with the lives of those who have no faith in me....Now you can excuse yourself....you disgust me."

Shayera whose round green eyes now looked down in sadness walked out of the throne room and swam away as Aquaman with a mix of narcissism & rage stared at his new liquid limb.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Apokolips

The world of Apokolips was still war-torn from years of war & oppression. However soon Orion took over as a despot. Under his reign, Apokolips was able to make small but major improvements, releasing everyone from slavery as they worked to repair their world, a place which had a bad name attached to it in the galaxy. He made Big Barda, the new general of the military. However being the despot of the Apokoliptan Empire, was stressing. Not only were the peons still accustomed to Darkseid, which lead to unsuccessful revolts, but psychologically many still held a slave mentality, that once Orion announced he was the son of Uxas, he was already hailed as ruler. After 5 years, dressed in white robes, and boots, with a red beard & hair growing out, he began to rival Darkseid. Other than Orion's compassion, and humility, his character traits, facial features, stature & voice stood identical to his late father. Even his eyes were now red. There was even that time 5 years ago, when once he was driven to a great state of agony, & traumatizing pain, that the Omega Effect began to take a hold of him. Highfather told him that as the natural born successor to Darkseid, the Omega Effect was apart of him, as much as the Astro Force. However, he could use the Omega Effect's powers as a champion of justice, not as a dictator of fear.

Waking up from his sleep, he was visited by a blue-eyed woman in a magician's outfit, with fish-netted leggings, ankle length black booths, with a curvaceous frame, that emphasized her amount of thickness in both areas. Her curled black hair, went past her shoulders, and in her hands was a black baton, her shadow reflecting in the red night sky.

Orion wondering why would she visit him late in the night "Zatanna....Explain yourself" He was aggravated from being waken up.

Zatanna smiling at Orion playfully "Being that you're the Dog of War and all we're going to need you on our side once the civil war breaks out."

Orion in a solemn voice "Despite my masterful aptitude in it, war has not always been something I've enjoyed. I've always attempted to surpress the urge of taking another being's life."

Zatanna not attempting to waste her time with someone who could very well have her destroyed in this instance with the wrong stare

"But you have to. The MRA is grabbing more supporters & The Flash just revealed his identity."

Orion raising one eyebrow "He really is a fool after all....Considering it was my father, who caused you little humans to betray your protectors...I'll join Batman. Now get out or your head will be a pike on my throne."

Zatanna nodded "yawa tropelet"

Orion than shifted back to his deep sleep.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Gotham City, The Batcave

Batman sat at his computer in the Batcave, researching the aftermath of his controversial statement at the press conference under his Bruce Wayne guise. He didn't do it just to rile up the media. Batman knew that if a powerful figure in society such as Bruce Wayne opposed the MRA, than the media, politicians, & citizens could repeal or form the Act.

Soon Alfred spoke "Master Bruce, we have a visitor"

Batman still looking at the computer "I'm busy."

Alfred in a calm tone "Master Bruce, it's Ms. Kyle". Deep down inside, Alfred was excited she was here. It would get Bruce a chance to take a break from this mission, especially now that he lost his two best friends from it.

Selina Kyle with her palish-tan skin, dressed in her leather Catwoman outfit with the mask off, walked towards Bruce and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips. "So what you up to, bad boy?"

Batman turning his head towards Catwoman "Business, you?"

Selina sighing "Nothing. With the Birds of Prey protecting Gotham, there's nothing for me to do...I miss you though."

Batman putting his hands on the waste of Catwoman "Don't worry, after this is over we'll...."

And Batman was cut off as an image of Lex Luthor popped on his screen.

"Greetings Batman."

Batman gritted his teeth as he looked at Luthor's face. "You swine. Why and how did you get into my computers?"

Luthor smirked, in his usual Machiavellian style "When you have a 12 level intellect, ingenuity goes far. Now I hate to ruin your embrace, but little Red Robin is now in Cadmus custody. You see he was out on the streets, breaking the law...and we had to enforce the law."

Batman enraged "What is it you want, my identity?"

Luthor gave out a small laugh "Waller already has your identity, but she respects you enough not to register. We just felt that to register it in government files, would be a breach of the Act. We not only need your consent but we need you to publicly unmask yourself. You see when the Flash unmasked it gave Cadmus the support of the people and the heroes who stand in the limelight. When you unmask we get the support of the vigilantes & the heroes. You are humanity's greatest hero, and you represent those who lurk in the dark. Sure we could announce to the public that you're Bruce Wayne, but even that claim is too far-fetched for anyone to believe. A dim-witted billionaire playboy dressed up as a bat. Almost a conspiracy theory I must say. Once you surrender, the revolution will not only die down...but registration for will go into full effect. Once this is done...you can have your son. Come to HQ in an hour, ready to give yourself up and we'll give you your surrender."

And with that the message went off.

Catwoman in shock "You have to turn yourself over. Think of Tim..."

Bruce in his cold stoic manner "It's a trap. He wants me to come to him with an entire army, unprepared. Tim isn't at the Cadmus HQ."

Catwoman failing to get at where Batman was coming from. "So he's at...?"

Batman knowing exactly "The CADMUS base in NYC. That's where the prisoners must be held. Get the Batmobile. We're going out on a date."

Catwoman smirked "That's what I like." And she let out a cat growl

________________________________________________________________________________________

Cadmus Base, NYC

Batman & Catwoman stepped into the Cadmus Base in New York City. Soon awaiting them were 10 Cadmus officers dressed in their combat armor, with blasters pointing at both of them. Batman clutched three baterangs in his right hand, & Catwoman snapped her whip. They ran towards the officers, ducking their blasters. Batman threw out a baterang, hitting one of them in the shoulder causing him to drop his blaster. Bruce proceeded to pick up the blaster and shot at an officer aiming for him. He thought to himself. 2 down

Catwoman used her whip, to latch onto one of the blasters, throwing it to the side. She front-kicked the officer, knocking him out cold. Soon too men came at her from her left and he right. She splitkicked them both at the same time, defeating 3 men in one instance. However to her ignorance, an officer aimed at her back with his blaster. "So it's true you have nine lives." he muttered to himself.

But before he could shoot, a baterang was exploding in his face, with the force sending him back. That was 6 men down, just between the two of them. Soon the other 4 officers ran away.

Batman going through one of the unconscious officers pockets found a keycard, to get to the prison room. He inserted the card into the elevator slot, as they ascended towards their destination.

Stepping out, they started walking in a hallway, that had no doors. They turned a corner, but to their surprise they were met by Floyd Lawton, the marksman known as Deadshot in his silver and red uniform.

Deadshot, pointing guns towards Batman & Catwoman's head. "You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you. The Cadmus Prison Base was just going to be guarded, by rookies? Nah, Waller picked better than that. Well...say good night"

As Floyd was about to shoot, a green quantum arrow hit him in the chest. Standing behind them both was Oliver Queen in his green costume, but with a hood instead of the usual Robin Hood hat, with another arrow ready to go as Deadshot lied on the floor unconscious.

Looking at Batman, he smirked "Are you that desperate to get her in bed, that you didn't invite me on this mission...Oh and you owe me one"

Batman nodded, as he swiped the card. The doors opened up to reveal a room with salmon colored stasis pods. Batman could tell by their appearance that they were designed to keep metahuman powers in check, possibly with a gas. They were all marked with the hero codenames, many of which Batman have never encountered. He wish he could save them all, but he couldn't. Nor did he have the patience or energy to keep charge of very well, hundreds of heroes.

Catwoman not able to find him, talking to Bruce "We came for Robin, right?"

Batman responded "Yes, but this is also the base that may be holding Static, Gear, & The Doom Patrol."

Green Arrow already a head of them, pressed the button that lead to the Master Room, which held the most powerful metas. Pressing two buttons, he released Static & Gear.

Both of them drowsy from the extended statis, walked out of their pods in updated uniforms from their teenage years.

Both of them looking at each other, stared at Green Arrow in admiration "Hey you're Green Arrow!"

Oliver rolled his eyes "Save the fanboy talk for later."

Batman proceeded to open the pods of Mento, Robotman, Negative Man, & Elasti-Girl. All 4 stepped out of their pods, glad to see someone came to save them.

Mento smiled at Batman "Nice to see, not everyone is siding with Registration."

As Batman, Green Arrow, The Doom Patrol, & Dakota's Defenders, conversed with each other explaining the situation, Catwoman stared at a pod that had on it marked Deathstroke. She wondered why CADMUS, would keep a villain who was a borderline terrorist, alive. Pressing a button, a man in a black and silver uniform with an orange black mask, that only showed his left eye stepped out.

Soon everyone in the room, eyed him in astonishment, as he stepped out of the pod, brushing off his shoulders.

In his calm voice "Well, if it isn't the brave and the bold, to whom I owe my rescue?"

To Be Continued.....

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm not even that big on DC and I think these are great. Keep it up.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks. Civil War # 7 ends the first arc of the story.