Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

CHARACTERS USED FROM THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR ASSOCIATES. 

*My first attempt at fan-fic, so criticism welcome*

The moon shined it's pale light over New York City as sirens and gunfire rang out. News helicopters in the air could see roaring fires consuming city blocks as many of the citizens ransacked abandoned stores and homes. All over the city, police were engaged in shootouts with varies gangs trying to vie for dominance during the chaos.

From his office at the Daily Bugle, J. Jonah Jameson and Robbie Robertson watch the mayhem below as the staff brave enough to stay rush back and forth with messages and responding to incoming updates from the police and their reporters in the field.

Robbie turned away and took a seat on the other side of Jameson's desk. “I hope you know what you're doing Jonah.”

“ It's news, Robbie”, Jameson kept looking as he lit a cigar, “It's our job – our duty – to report it.”

“ This is different. This isn't just another riot... it's a war.”

“ It makes no difference”, Jameson sat down and turned his chair to face Robbie, “TV, radio, even the Internet is down. It's a miracle the phones are still working. Someone has to be there when the dust settles to tell the people what happened.”

Robbie shook his head. “I don't know, Jonah. Peter's not answering his phone. Betty's on her way to Clinton – Hell's Kitchen – to cover the Dare Devil sighting and Ulrich hasn't called in since he went into Queens where even the police are shooting at anything that moves. This may be too much for us.”

“ We don't hire idiots, Robbie”, Jameson exhaled a cloud of smoke, “Brant's turned into a tough kid since Ned's death; she knows how to take care of herself. Ben Ulrich has been in tighter spots before and knows when to keep his head down. And Parker? He's a pain in my neck, but he's survived this long taking shots of that web-slinging buffoon. With any luck, he's out there capturing what we need for the papers tomorrow.”

Robbie grinned. “I don't think I've ever seen you this worried before, Jonah.”

“ What're you talking about? I'm a pillar of calm.”

“ You just complimented three of your staff in two minutes”, Robbie stood up and walked to the door, “I'm gonna help out in the pen. Do yourself a favor and try not to be so calm , before you smoke yourself out of your office.”

“ I guess Parker's not the only pain in the neck around here”, Jameson yelled as Robbie left his office, “Don't know why I bother keeping him around. Man's a poor judge of character.”

Jameson opened his desk drawer and stubbed out his cigar in an ashtray full of cigar butts. “Hasn't a clue what he's talking about.”