Character Flaws

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

I decided to give my OC some flaws since she has a lot of good qualities. So I wondered what would fit her for flaws. First I thought about how others viewed her in her universe:

Talented

Violinist

Confident

Brave

Responsible

Curious

Persistent

Because others view her as talented, I looked up info on gifted people and learned some common characteristic flaws they have. Some I will incorporate into Claire's persona.

Get bored with routine tasks.

* Resist changing away from interesting topics or activities.

* Be overly critical of self and others, impatient with failure, perfectionistic.

* Disagree vocally with others, argue with teachers.

Be so emotionally sensitive and empathetic that adults consider it over-reaction, may get angry, or cry when things go wrong or seem unfair.

In my story her life will be turned upside down, and she will have to use all her skills to turn the tables on the ones responsible. Only problem is, they are aliens. They could care less about conquering Earth, they are involved with a reality TV show they broadcast back on their world. Claire is only the focus because a scorned alien woman put her in the show, because her boyfriend dumped her and wants to marry Claire. Thanks to a deal worked out with the company, if Claire falls in the reality show, the alien who likes her will not be allowed to take her as a wife, but he can if she succeeds. Claire is not aware of any of this though.

Given her personality and flawst that I have given, how do you think she will react once she learns the truth behind the alien schemes (aliens can disguise themselves to look human)?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

I can see, your REALLY putting an effort into this story your doing. Good :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

Very nice, well thought out.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#4  Edited By Joygirl

@Pyrogram said:

I can see, you're REALLY putting an effort into this story you're doing. Good :)

Fix'd dearie. <3

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Pyrogram

@Joygirl:You little sneak!!!!!

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By dngn4774

In my story her life will be turned upside down, and she will have to use all her skills to turn the tables on the ones responsible. Only problem is, they are aliens. They could care less about conquering Earth, they are involved with a reality TV show they broadcast back on their world. Claire is only the focus because a scorned alien woman put her in the show, because her boyfriend dumped her and wants to marry Claire. Thanks to a deal worked out with the company, if Claire falls in the reality show, the alien who likes her will not be allowed to take her as a wife, but he can if she succeeds. Claire is not aware of any of this though.

This sounds a lot like the Bachelor. I hope Claire gets that rose.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lorbo

LOL. Not quite. Claire really does not want to marry an alien, especially one she is unaware of to begin with. What she wants is to be left alone.