Character Creation Contest #9

This topic is locked from further discussion.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

I have won CCC#8! All bow down and worship me...right get up, onto the next comp.

This next competition will run for 15 days (officially starts 12.01am 22/4/2013 Australian time and finishes 6/4/2013 at 11.59pm) there will be no extensions nor prisoners taken!

There are several conditions, hurdles and criteria involved in this competiton (nothing too hard)

* Your character has to be orange. Whether its an orange cape, orange hair, has a pet orangutan, drinks Tang, was bitten by a radioactive orange; there has to be an orange element to your creation...Orange NSW, Orange County, orange you glad I put this condition in :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

* Within your story you have to use these three words:

Perspicacity (The acuteness of perception, discernment, or understanding; intelligence manifested by being astute; the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions)

Tundra (A treeless area between the icecap and the tree line of Arctic regions, having a permanently frozen subsoil and supporting low-growing vegetation such as lichens, mosses, and stunted shrubs)

Quark (Any of a group of six elementary particles having electric charges of a magnitude one-third or two-thirds that of the electron, regarded as constituents of all hadrons, thought to be fundamental units of all baryons and mesons but unable to exist in isolation)

And finally your story is too be no more than 834 words...why? Because that is the time when I created this comp, and we are all slaves to time.

Recap: Orange, use the three words and 834 word limit. Other than that it's free reign! You have today to plot and contemplate and then tomorrow (22nd my time, 21st US time) we begin in earnest!

@the_poet could you pin this

@allie_ho@stumpy49er@cbishop@wildvine@joshmightbe@tommythehitman@blackreaper@time_phantom@joygirl@ravager4@irishlad@project_worm

CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL NOT JUST THE PEOPLE @'d

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

@batkevin74: Let's hope this gets views. I will have an entry in. Also working on Alfred for Corruption after I got a few other RPG things outa the way.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, this is a juicy topic. It a peels to my sense of taste.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could i make an orange lantern from orange county with a pet mutant orange orangutan hybrid

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could i make an orange lantern from orange county with a pet mutant orange orangutan hybrid

Folks, we potentially have our winner right here!

@stumpy49er: Ahhhh nice and droll :)

@pyrogram: Cool and cool for corrupted!

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My character is an orange. I win.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@awesam: Stick it in a story and you just might :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Project_Worm

Presenting a brand new "Original Character" from Project_Worm;

"The Citrus-Quark"

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I actually wrote out a story for the guy I mentioned and I have to say it turned out to be one of the stupidest things I have ever written. It was about an Orange Lantern's attempt to steal all the Oranges from Orange county Florida in an attempt to weaken its defenses against the Orange flu, which turned people into oranges.

I even named the guy Dave Tangerine.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Also I think the word orange was in it about 700 times

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: ( This will be completely improvised as I am bored )

Agent O
Agent O

They called him Agent O, Agent Orange. Working undercover for the US government in Somalia.

The operation was called Op Perspicacity, Beacuse of the nature of the operation.

He was no ordinary man, Hell..Was he even a Man? All the US gov new about this thing was that it had come out of nowhere, turned up at the FBI headquarters and forced them to give him a job...yes - Forced.

Nobody could look this thing in the eyes, he did not even have eyes to look into.

The US scientists had tried to study Agent O, even down to his Quarks - The only thing that was visible was orange, nothing else - Nothing more. He was a universal constant of orange.

-

Agent O walked through the Tundra fields as the sun hit his face, Somila was a desolate location..So much crime and terror. Orange's only mission was to find and kill Mister Blue. He had been tracking him down for over 6 months....He stepped down onto the beach as he followed a trail of blue paint left by the man, If he could he would have let out a smile, this was going to be easy.

He looked around , people were staring at him. Turning his head he was faced with a terrible sight, one that made him fall into the sand in terror - Agent Blue!

He smashed backwards into the sand as he regained his composure. He shot up and attempted a punch to the mans blue face, Agent blue turned into a pile of paint as Orange missed the shot, the paint suddenly turned into a man again, grabbed O from behind as a knife suddenly came out of his stomach and impaled orange in the back. He then vanished into the mist...

Orange was left bleeding orange..nobody would ever know he was bleeding to death..that was the curse of the orange man...his blood was orange..

The end.

Loading Video...

@wildvine@bumpyboo -

My best Fiction EVAHHH! XD

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AweSam

@pyrogram said:

@batkevin74: ( This will be completely improvised as I am bored )

Agent O
Agent O

They called him Agent O, Agent Orange. Working undercover for the US government in Somalia.

The operation was called Op Perspicacity, Beacuse of the nature of the operation.

He was no ordinary man, Hell..Was he even a Man? All the US gov new about this thing was that it had come out of nowhere, turned up at the FBI headquarters and forced them to give him a job...yes - Forced.

Nobody could look this thing in the eyes, he did not even have eyes to look into.

The US scientists had tried to study Agent O, even down to his Quarks - The only thing that was visible was orange, nothing else - Nothing more. He was a universal constant of orange.

-

Agent O walked through the Tundra fields as the sun hit his face, Somila was a desolate location..So much crime and terror. Orange's only mission was to find and kill Mister Blue. He had been tracking him down for over 6 months....He stepped down onto the beach as he followed a trail of blue paint left by the man, If he could he would have let out a smile, this was going to be easy.

He looked around , people were staring at him. Turning his head he was faced with a terrible sight, one that made him fall into the sand in terror - Agent Blue!

He smashed backwards into the sand as he regained his composure. He shot up and attempted a punch to the mans blue face, Agent blue turned into a pile of paint as Orange missed the shot, the paint suddenly turned into a man again, grabbed O from behind as a knife suddenly came out of his stomach and impaled orange in the back. He then vanished into the mist...

Orange was left bleeding orange..nobody would ever know he was bleeding to death..that was the curse of the orange man...his blood was orange..

The end.

Loading Video...

@wildvine@bumpyboo -

My best Fiction EVAHHH! XD

So, like you just did? By the way, that's pretty awesome. I was imagining it like a Twilight Zone episode lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Orange with orange blood, very good!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AweSam

So, I wrote something, but it came out kind of weird and a bit disturbing, so I give up.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Asides from spelling "Beacuse" wrong, that was fuuny and a little bit sad at the end. Nice job!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I actually wrote out a story for the guy I mentioned and I have to say it turned out to be one of the stupidest things I have ever written. It was about an Orange Lantern's attempt to steal all the Oranges from Orange county Florida in an attempt to weaken its defenses against the Orange flu, which turned people into oranges.

I even named the guy Dave Tangerine.

He could join the league of serious terrible ideas :) Post it up, one mans stupid is another's side splitting laughter fit!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pyrogram
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AweSam

@pyrogram: Oh, fine. Let me just edit it a bit.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AweSam

On the other hand, I'll write a new one.

Allie_Ho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Allie_Ho

This is one of my most random things I've wrote in 2 hours. Enjoy!

Trial and Citruses

Loading Video...

Judge Mandy had a problem, she looked at her latest list of middle-aged, male criminals and all of them are repeat offenders. She tried every punishment in the book, community service, rehabilitation, even letting them train puppies for a shelter. She tore her Florida orange hair in anger. She didn't happen to have her stress relieving orange plushie nearby.

“Where is my perspicacity when I need it, Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I need to know.”

She straightened up and thought along the tangent of the thought, “School.”

She gathered all the people on her list and gave them their sentences in short moment.

She bowed her head. “I found out legally that there is a loophole for all of you.”

The inmates instantly celebrated and hugged, high-fived and bumped each other instead of looking to rip each other’s throats and some other places from a few seconds ago.

Mandy wasn't finished, “Your sentences are to help filling the desolate tundra of research in science. Also since you don’t know about research, you’re going back to school.”

The mood of the inmates wound down like a flashlight out of batteries.

Judge Mandy then sent a security team and send them into a bulletproof school bus playing “Staying Alive”. The school looked like a psychotic facility than a school with steel barred windows, 5 meter stone walls and ugly gargoyles for overkill points. The convicts cowered in fear.

Loading Video...

8 months later…

Judge Mandy received a report from the Pasnic Research School about the inmates. She burst out laughing after reading.

The project they were in was a survey on favourable smells, we found 50% of them were allergic to flowers, 15% had gagged or swore when whiffing methane, 10% liked smelly shoes and 100% of them didn’t want to repeat the experiment.

For marks, all the inmates failed science with satisfactory marks on other subjects. One memorable response for a science question what is the relationship between p and quarks? had one student howling “I don’t Noooooooo!” with giant teardrops rolling off his face. The teacher has a PhD in Physics from Waterloo.

Loading Video...

Judge Mandy wrote a note back. “Hope y’all get better in prison.”

Loading Video...

This isn't going to the final copy (unless I don't have time.)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#25  Edited By wildvine  Moderator
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allie_ho: It's hard finding places for @batkevin74's three words, eh? Good story. Could have used more orange, though.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AweSam
Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I said interesting. If it was bad, I would have said "That was... bad."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By batkevin74

@pyrogram: @stumpy49er: @joshmightbe: @awesam: @4donkeyjohnson: @kfhrfdu_89_76k: @allie_ho: Here's my entry of 753 words requirements in bold

Siberia

The wind howled across the tundra as two people stood on the flat white permafrost.

“So what did one space duck say to the other space duck?”

Agent Yellow looked up from her telescopic sight and glared at Agent Purple “What have I said about jokes during missions?”

“Give up? Quark! Quark! Quark!” laughed Agent Purple as he popped three pills under his tongue “Get it?”

Yellow went back to her task, ignoring the idiot she often got paired with. She adjusted the scope on the rail-gun and took aim again.

“Are you cold?” asked Purple as he exhaled rings into the air “I just took my orange ones but you…”

“Do you ever shut up Purple?” snapped Yellow as she stood up “I get you’re easily bored, but I’m trying to kill a red headed guy seven kilometres away with an experimental gun! Please!” Yellow returned to her gun. Purple kicked the densely packed ground with his boot, making chok sounds as he dug a hole. Yellow turned from her weapon to glare at him.

“What?” yelped Purple “I’m being quiet!”

Yellow scowled “Well, go be quiet over there”

“Where?” said Purple as he spun in a circle “There is absolutely nothing else around here but snow and flat!”

“Well…” Yellow motioned as one shoos flies “Off you go”

Purple grumbled and trudged off across the flat featureless plain of cold. He shoved his hands into his pockets and fished out more orange pills “Maybe you should take your pills, make you less of a bitch” he muttered

“I HEARD THAT!”

“YOU WERE SUPPOSED TOO!”

“SHUT UP!”

Purple threw his hands up in frustration “I want a transfer when we get back”

“KEEP TALKING AND YOU WON’T GET BACK!” yelled Yellow “NOW SHUT UP!”

Purple jumped up and down like a child as Yellow returned to her shot. The wind picked up. Purple looked around, miles and miles of white and flat. He opened his mouth trying to catch a snowflake on his tongue.

“What are you doing?”

Purple screamed. Yellow had somehow snuck up beside him “DON’T DO THAT?”

“Seriously Purple, settle down” warned Yellow “This is an Omega level mission”

Purple threw another pill into his mouth “Operation Perspective”

Perspicacity” corrected Yellow

“That’s what I said, purse per whatever you said” mumbled Purple

“Did you read the mission brief?” asked Yellow

“Don’t you have a ginger to kill?” sneered Purple as he in return shooed her back to her weapon. Yellow gritted her teeth in anger before heading back to the rail gun. Purple danced around, enjoying his little victory. Yellow took up her position.

“Hey Yellow?”

“WHAT?” she snapped

“What is purse pack animal?” asked Purple

Perspicacity!”

“Yeah that. What is it?”

“I…have no idea!” said Yellow “Can I just take my shot?”

“Did YOU read the mission brief?” mocked Purple.

“Oh that’s it!” Yellow walked up and clipped Purple across the head “SHUT UP!”

“Hey that hurt!”

Yellow waggled a finger in his face “You think that hurt. You interrupt me again and I’ll shoot you in the face!”

“Okay, okay jeez!” whimpered Purple “Psycho!”

Yellow resumed her position and then looked over at Purple, who put his hands up defensively and then covered his mouth. Yellow returned to her shot adjusting the dial again.

Purple did a handstand and wobbled on his hands across the tundra. He collapsed headfirst in a heap, his mouth filling with snow. He brushed himself off, turned and came face to face with a polar bear. Purple went to scream but the cold from the mouthful of snow locked his throat as the animal, perfectly blended against the environment, rose up on its hind legs towering above him. Purple turned tail and ran, the polar bear in hot pursuit. He ran towards Yellow.

“I warned you!” growled Yellow at the sound of footsteps.

Purple leapt over her as Yellow pulled the trigger. The railgun roared like a demon and the projectile sped off. Yellow looked at Purple who was lying flat on his back looking up at her. She pulled her pistol from her belt.

“I warned you!” yelled Yellow pointing the weapon at him. Purple pointed like an epileptic charade player but Yellow had enough “Any last words Purple?”

No Caption Provided

“Polar bear” he gasped as the giant arctic creature knocked Yellow’s head clean off like a golfer tee’s off. Purple scrambled to his feet and ran as fast as his orange pill infused legs could carry him, screaming all the way.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: hehehe, That was awesome, Nice job dude! A ginger to kill xD

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

NOTE: Last second much? I admit: I ran out of time, so this isn't as complete as I'd like it to be, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

THE ENTRY:

“Do you prefer quirks or quarks?”

“Quarks. They're science. Science is knowable. Quirks make people unpredictable.”

“Tundra or Tundro?”

“Oh, no question, Tundro. He's a triceratops with eight legs and a horn that shoots fireballs. What's not to like? Might be best to strand him in the tundra though.”

“Favorite word?”

“Perspicacity.”

“Perspiwhatnow? I can't even say that word.”

“Exactly. That's why I like it. You can't say it.”

“I'm tired of this game.”

“I'm tired of being orange, but I'm not complaining.”

“Bivolvo won't budge, huh?”

“When the Rainbow Raider says he's going to turn you orange, you should believe him.” Flash furrowed his brows, looking at his reflection in the passenger side mirror, still disturbed that he couldn’t see his own reflection, even if it was orange. The change had made him blind to the color orange, so he couldn’t risk moving at super speed, for fear of what he would’t see. He might accidentally plow through a road worker on stop sign duty, or get tripped by traffic cones, or any number of stupid things the Rogues might come up with, to try to use his orange handicap against him. “I think he was just happy his plan worked for once.”

“Wouldn’t you be?” asked Robin. “The guy’s a few party bulbs short of being Doctor Spectro. He does have a sizeable Internet fanbase though – The Rainbow Ravers.” Tim Drake was wheeling the Redbird towards S.T.A.R. Labs, where Cyborg and Emil Hamilton were waiting, hopefully with some ideas on what to do for Flash. Batman was sidetracked with Clayface’s war on “Eel” O’brien, and Nightwing was out of town, tracking down Magpie, of all people. The JLA teleporters were out of commission since Nero attacked the moon, so pretty simply, Wally West needed a ride, and Tim Drake was one of the only heroes he knew who had bothered to get a license.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“I am, but you weren’t sure of it.” Tim grinned. “We’re here. Orange you going to go inside?”

Wally shook his head, as he stepped out of the car. “That the best you’ve got? Grayson’s wit did not come with the costume, I see.”

“Hey, you could’ve had Beast Boy for this trip!” Robin said through the car window. “You two would’ve gone together like peas and carrots!”

Wally groaned. “Terrible. Just terrible.” As he started towards the building, he muttered, “I hope Cyborg and Hamilton have something for me.”

The Redbird honked as it pulled away from the curb. “Later, Carrot Top!” hollered Robin.

West waved over his shoulder. “Never heard that one before,” he sighed, as he ran his orange fingers through his hair.

The desk clerk only gave him one funny look, then recovered himself, and became once again the jaded guard that had seen all manner of super beings pass through the lobby of S.T.A.R. Labs. He was escorted up to Doctor Hamilton’s lab, where Cyborg called out, “Wally!” and waved him over, chuckling only once as he got close.

“What? You got something for me too, buckethead? I figured the way you call Gar ‘Salad Head’ all the time, you’d have something better than Tim’s trys by now.”

Victor Stone winced, and said, “Yeah, that boy can not deliver a punchline. Anyway, my favorite nickname for Gar is ‘Green Genes,’ but it’s true, man: nothing rhymes with ‘orange.’ Sorry to disappoint.”

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder @allie_ho this comp is over. I shall make a voting thread tonight!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74: I got in just under the deadline (like 2 minutes under)! lol