Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jkutz

Sci-Fi David vs Goliath

No Caption Provided

An old tale is about to be given an upgrade, and you guys are gonna be the ones to write it. Both Characters are to be created by you, which means you get to decide a whole slew of things. Is the big guy evil, or is it the small guy? Is the big guy at the advantage just because of his sheer size, or is it the small guy who is favored in the fight? Who wins?

Your job is to tell us the story of why these two are fighting(not those in the picture, just used that to illustrate the point) and to actually have them fight. No real constraints on the characters either, just make one of them really big.

-No Word Limit

-Name both characters

-Have there be a clear winner(No cheap cliffhanger endings ;) )

-Have fun with it :D

You've got two weeks, deadline for submissions is Monday, November 23rd 10:00 P.M. USA Eastern Standard Time.

Happy Writing! I look forward to what you all can come up with.

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: Awesome. I like this one .

Have no idea yet what I want to create but looking forward to coming up with something.

Oh, man I'm going to be so Fallout obsessed after tomorrow I might go with a giant super mutant behemoth vs a raider. Then again, a rancor vs a bounty hunter sounds cool too.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Congrats on the victory @jkutz

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@stumpy49er: or a Deathclaw vs a dude in power armor...

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stumpy49er

Piston Patti vs Titan Train

No Caption Provided

Piston Patti ran along the railway platform in the Trevithick Station searching for Dr. Turbine. She had vowed to take revenge upon the mad, steam powered scientist for experimenting on her and her companion, Lenny. She jumped off a platform, fired a rail road spike attached to a cable from her wrist cannon and swung over to the next platform, which over looked a train lot.

Dr. Turbine stood on a gigantic, rusted, black and red train. He wore a brown trench coat over his gray overalls and had black goggles covering his eyes. He brushed aside his greasy black hair as he smiled up at Piston Patti.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite lab rat." Dr. Turbine laughed. "What do you want?"

"You killed Lenny, you bastard." She yelled, as she shot a rail road spike above Turbine's head and swung towards him. "I'm taking you down."

Dr. Turbine dodged Patti by jumping into the train's steam exhaust. She turned and prepared to follow him, yet the exhaust began to fume burning hot steam. Dr. Turbine should have boiled to death in that. She punched the top of the train leaving a huge dent.

The train began to shake. She could hear gears turning as the gigantic train started to move. Patti jumped off the train as it began to transform itself into a gigantic, walking, behemoth. Patti gulped. This thing was over twenty feet tall. She was barely over five feet tall.

"I believe you said you we're 'taking me down', you little punk." Dr. Turbine's voice sounded from the Titan Train. "Ha ha ha, looks like you'll be joining your pal Lenny in Steam Hell."

The Titan Train threw a gigantic punch at Patti, whose piston powered legs ran as fast as they could to dodge the Titan's fist. Steam poured out of the Titans exhaust as Piston Patti shot a rail road spike up to a higher platform.

The roaring Titan smashed the platform just as Patti shot multiple rail road spike cables to higher platforms, jumping higher and higher. The Titan Train smashed each platform Patti landed on. Eventually, the second highest platform fell onto Titan Train's chest. The Titan shrugged off the steel beams, revealing a hole torn into it's heart.

Patti could see the huge boiler pumping steam throughout the behemoth's body.She jumped down from the top platform into the Titan's chest, delivering a powerful punch to the boiler. The heat from the boiler caused the skin from Patti's fist to melt off.

She saw inside the boilers glass plate, Dr. Turbines metal, robotic, skeleton smiled at her. Steam formed around the skeleton and roared "Burn you little punk!"

The boiler became super heated. Patti felt her flesh melting. The steel holding the boiler in place melted as well. This was her opportunity.

Piston Patti ran and sprang out of Titan Trains chest, turning in the air she shot several rail road spike cables into the boiler side, while shooting another into the top railway platform. As she boosted herself up onto the platform, she pulled with all her might on the boiler, tearing it from the behemoth's chest.

As the boiler landed in the ground, the Titan Train became immobile, shutting down. It had lost it's steam.

"That was for Lenny." Patti said.

Piston Patti shot a rail road spike cable into a water tower from the lot's main building. Pulling it off, she dropped the water tower onto the super heated boiler. Steam erupted upwards from the boiler, as it's door burst open.

Dr. Turbine's metal, robotic, skeleton came charging out of the boiler. "I'm going to tear you apart, you little punk."

Piston Patti leapt from the top platform, rearing up her piston powered left arm, while shooting her rail road spike cable at Dr. Turbine's feet. She slung herself straight at Turbine, delivering a downwards punch that completely decimated the robotic mad man, who flew backwards into the boiler, causing it to explode.

Piston Patti spat at Dr. Turbine's decapitated head.

"That was for me."

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: This looks AWSOME! I'll see if I can get one in.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By wildvine

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: You always tease. Why not treat it like your 15 minute writing challenge and see what comes of it?

That's how I started my story for this, then I added more after I gave it some thought and grew to like what I came up with.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er:

No tease. I was referring to Venator. Never seen them enter before. Always nice to see new people getting into this.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an RPG character based around this very concept.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@geth: So write us a story! It'd be great to have more competition! :)

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Venator_umbra

@jkutz:

David crouched down watching as the Incinerator's robots crashed through everything in their path. His dark skin and black eyes made it easier for him to hide without having to put on anything extra except his already black ninja like uniform. Two jian blades made from diamonds crisscrossed on his back and a rocket launcher in between them. Just as he saw the last of them pass by he took one more look to make sure. Yes, no more. David leaped out his diamonds swords moving like shining tongues of terror. The droids were falling like a herd of chickens to a shotgun. They blasted at him but not a single bullet grazed him as his swords deflected each one. He leaped over them dropping a grenade right in the middle and ducked for cover as it went off thinning their numbers to only twenty-three. He lept back out and sped through them using the older ones as cover and dodging their attacks so they destroyed their own. Finally he destroyed the last one.

"Next, the incinerator." He said to himself. He craved revenge after the incinerator killed his family when he was only twelve. Since then he trained unmercifully until he could take on the incinerator himself.

Suddenly he was thrown off his feet as a rocket bearly missed him. He looked and saw a malfunctioning droid and quickly shot it.

"David?" A womens voice came from behind him. He turned around. He didn't recognize her. She was blonde, five foot seven, blue eyes. He was only five foot ten.

"Yes. Who are you?" David said.

"Christine. I knew you, before the invasion." She said.

"Christine! The little girl who fell into the well and found a dragon bone? That Christine?" David said shocked.

"Yes," she replied.

"What are you doing here?" He asked looking to make sure there were no more droids.

"I can't go anywhere else, the roads are blocked." She answered.

He frowned, "That's unfortunate,"

"What are you doing here, with those things." Christine pointed to the diamonds swords, "How could you get them."

"I took them from a dragon warrior. After beating him." David replied proudly.

"A dragon warrior! But how?!" Christine said.

"Because I learned it. I've beaten them." David explained, "And now I..."

He suddenly felt an immense pain in his shoulder and fell to the ground. What he thought was Christine suddenly started shooting at him from the wrists. He blocked them with his swords and drove it through the hologram covered droid.

"Stop playing with me!!" He shouted tearing it apart. He plucked out the bullet and it healed in a few minutes.

"I've had enough." A booming voice said.

David looked up. The incinerator! A colossal mechanical beast with someone inside.

"Finally you will die." The incinerator said. An enormous amount of fire shot from on arm as it drove forward on its treads.

David shielded himself and when it stopped he was unharmed.

"Dragon warrior? That explains it." The incinerator said.

David started running at it dodging it's fire and boulder sized bullets, but only barely.

"You killed my family!" He said chopping off part of one tread and running up the leg, "My friends!" He now removed an entire arm, "And now I'm going to kill you!"

He cut an enormous hole in the chest and was surprised when a woman stepped out.

"What?" He said surprised.

"That's right, I am the incinerator. And you are a dead man." She said as two whips flung forwards. One grabbed his sword and ripped it from him and the ofher got cut through.

She dropped her whip, "Sword duel than."

"So it is." David said gaining his composure.

They clashed and hacked but couldn't get in a shot. But davids strength was beginning to be too much for her.

"You will pay for what you've done!" He said.

"I've saved the world." She said.

Finally he knocked the sword out of her grip.

"Nobody will defeat me!" She roared throwing a grenade at him and jumping inside the machine. He hit the grenade back inside it and it blew up throwing him off. Down he went hitting the ground hard and blacking out.

When he woke up he was in a hospital. People were running around. The strangest part, despite a good hospital still existing, was that people...were...happy. They were smiling.

Someone said, "He's awake!"

"What happened?" David asked the person, it was a young man.

"You killed the incinerator. With her gone things became normal...well...ish. Again. We've established some order." He said, "I'm George by the way."

"Nice to meet you," David said still confused, "So, the war is over?"

"Mostly," replied George.

Then something dawned on David. He looked down...he had no legs.

George saw and quickly explained, "Something happened when you fell. I guess they had to amputate. But you'll be taken care of."

"Right," David said.

Someone called George.

"Oh, gotta go! See you later!" He said running away.

"It's over, finally. But I still feel empty. Like I did something wrong. I'll think about that. For now, I need rest." David thought, "Yes, rest."

How's that? Had a few problems so I couldn't get ready until today.

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is everyone else? Only me and stumpy49er posted a story. Maybe they're writing it somewhere else.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venator_umbra: It usely takes people awhile to post a story. Last contest most of the stories were posted in the last two days. There were only five total.

Nice story btw. There were a few typos. You can edit it any time you want between now and the deadline.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Well, there is plenty of time left on the deadline.....

I'll see what I can do :D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venator_umbra: Pay no attention to ImpurestCheese. She's a cranky witch sometimes. I'm not being rude- she's actually a witch. ;)

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More people! I want to read!

•, •

\|||/ <that's an attempt at a person reading.

I'll go see about my typos.

Thanks everybody!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: It's called Wicca you crafty bishop you, as for my crankiness, well it always emerges this time of year due to being locked indoors instead of working outside

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Well here's my shot...

A Clockwork Scarab #0

Classified Location, Kuwait Desert

Commander Harris walked past the line of M1 Abrams Tanks before stopping at the vehicle at the end of the line, a dark haired woman dressed in combat trousers and a leather jacket, a lit cigarette clamped between her lips. The very sight of this blatant sloppiness made Harris’s blood boil, but he knew that despite what he would like to do to Naomi Barnes, he hadn’t the rank to enforce it.

“Miss Barnes, can I have a moment of your time please?” Harris asked, as Barnes shot him a withering look before sheading her jacket to reveal a black leather bra, and a tattoo of a gear wrapped around her belly-button.

“No, I’m almost sure that this will take more than a moment.” Barnes stated gruffly, before breathing a jet of smoke from her nostrils. “What do you want Harris, and make it quick, you’re cutting into my smoking time.”

“We have a new problem heading this way at an alarming rate.” Harris announced, as he placed a folder on the tank.

“You really think I’m going to help you, I’m R&amp;D and you are a w****r, we really don’t gel well.” Barnes replied as she slid down the front of the tank and picked up the folder. “Who is this chica, some up and coming Arab terrorist? And what the hell is this, some kind of Sci-Fi bulls**t?”

“Until recently Zara Hussein was an engineer in the British Armed Forces, but she defected recently siting religious regions. She was a Muslim but we now believe she has converted to some old pagan faith, in intelligence circles she is known as ‘the Scarab’.” Harris informed her, as Barnes climbed up to the main gun of the tank and untied a shirt wrapped around the canon, before shaking it out and slipping it over her head. “She recently commandeered a L11 Scorpion Excavator that was digging the foundations for a new oil refinery in Egypt and weaponised it.”

“So what, you assume that just because she was a Muslim you think she’s going all jihadi on us? You’re not just a w****r any-more you’re a racist, because of that I’m going to call you Commander Bigot. So Commander Bigot where did this data come from?” Barnes asked, as she straddled the canon, before stretching out seductively on the weapon.

“Need to know, you don’t. All we need is for you to destroy Hussain before she destroys this base and anything in it.” Harris ordered, as Barnes pursed her lips together before sitting up and glowering down at him.

“Not interested, now excuse me I have work to do, the government is intent on wasting billions on damage on new weapons rather than health care or solving global warming, and I intend to make them regret every cent they are spending on the XM-15 Goliath.” Barnes stated, as she flipped up the hatch of her tank, and shot Harris the finger before sliding inside. “Now if I were you I’d move out the way before I ‘accidently’ set off the coaxial 40mm grenade launchers, I can be so clumsy in the cab at times.” She warned, as the arming light of the launchers activated.

“The Scorpion Excavator, it weighs 210 tons and can demolish this base in minutes, artillery and air-force assets are not allowed to fire out of the base, that means you are the only defence we have and honestly…I don’t think you and ‘Goliath’ can handle it.” Harris announced, his eyes fixed on the grenade launchers as a stream of cursing sounded from inside the tank’s hull before Barnes popped her head out of the hull. “Have I got your attention?”

“That was a low blow Commander Bigot, a real low blow!!”

The Goliath rocked as it rumbled forward, the drone controls keeping the armoured vehicle rolling towards what seemed like a moving mountain in the distance. Taking a slug from the can of Italian beer she had smuggled into the cab, Barnes ran over the camera view of the Scorpion Excavator rumbling towards her. At 30ft tall, the machine was immense, each one of its eight legs causing shockwaves as it walked towards her, its bright yellow armoured hull stained with dark save for the area around the cockpit, the tinted hardened glass hiding the face of the pilot.

“Calling you Goliath was a stupid idea.” Barnes told the tank, as the 155mm gun raised itself into position. “If anything we’re the 60 ton David in this conflict.” She added, just as the incoming fire warning sounded, the drone operator back at base swinging the tank left to avoid the projectile fired from the back of the Scorpion. “S**t what was that? This thing is meant to be a glorified JCB right? How come it’s firing at me?!!” She screamed, as the projectile landed and detonated only twenty meters away, shrapnel bouncing off the tank’s armoured hull.

“Uh it looks like one of the exploration probes the Scorpion is equipped with.” A voice over ‘Goliath’s’ radio answered. “It’s possibly been packed with mining charges to make a home-made artillery shell.” The operator back at drone control added, as a second probe bomb came flying towards the tank, the shell landing a few feet in-front of ‘Goliath’, metal shards and sand spraying over the tank.

“Will one of you nerds please just fire on that thing!” Barnes snapped, as the 155mm gun pivoted round again and fired, the shell impacting on the Scorpion’s front left leg, the blow causing it to shudder and collapse to the desert floor, a wave of dust and sand storming forward from the crash site. “You A-Holes,” Barnes swore, as she looked at the forward hull mounted camera feed, “You sent me out to do that?! Anyone could have taken out that rickety pile of trash!” She swore, as the intensity of the blowing sand increased. “And now I’m stuck out in a c****y sandstorm!”

“Miss Barnes.” Commander Harris stated over the radio, his eyes fixed on a local weather report displayed on screen. “Wind strength isn’t sufficient enough to raise a sandstorm that powerful. Additional drone feed will be online in forty seconds, standby.”

“Standby for what Commander Bigot?” Barnes asked, as something glowed in the heart of the sandstorm before a beam of light lanced out and slashed across ‘Goliath’s’ Hull. Cursing Barnes felt the tank reverse, as the light faded and the ground rumbled.

“Okay drone feed confirms that the sandstorm is localized, the Scorpion may still be operational.” Barnes droned.

“May be operational? It is operational and it has got a space laser!!” Barnes screamed, as the Scorpion emerged from the blowing sand, the light from the chin mounted laser revealing the chunk of armour chewed out of the leg that Barnes had fired upon. “Open fire on its legs again!” She ordered, as the Scorpion shot at Goliath with the laser, the sand fusing to glass as it missed its target by a few meters.

“Sand exposure has jammed the gun’s rotational system.” Harris stated as he covertly pressed a button on the computer controlling the 155mm gun. “You’ll have to rely on Goliath’s additional armaments.” He added, as he watched the Scorpion take up position, the laser recharging ready for another shot. “If Barnes should succeed in beating that thing send an A-10 to finish Hussain’s job.”

“And if Hussain should win?” The drone commander asked, his voice shocked at his new orders.

“Same thing, today I remove one terrorist and one pain in my arse, and I know which one I will be most glad to be rid of.” He added, as ‘Goliath’ opened fire with the automatic 30mm cannon, the rounds almost comically bouncing off the Scorpion’s hull. “Switch everything to manual and close base to drone communications, one way or another this is the end of Naomi Barnes, Unit 17 of Project Shift Gear.” He ordered before walking away from the drone control room.

Barnes jabbed at the communications button as the ‘Goliath’ Tank ground to a halt right in front of the Scorpion, the massive excavator towering over her. “Hello Commander Bigot? Anyone are you there?” She yelled. “Hey stop with the silent treatment assholes!!” She yelled.

“American Tank, this is the Scarab, exit your vehicle and surrender.” An accented voice ordered over the radio.

“Bite me Beetlejuice!!” Barnes spat back. “Where the hell are those jerks!!” She spat, as she activated the coaxial grenade launchers, a hail of high explosive rounds exploding on the Scorpion’s hull with enough force to rip armoured plating off its body. With a groan the excavator turned and lumbered away, sparks and smoke radiating off the massive vehicle. “Hah take that b***h!!” Barnes yelled, only to see the Scorpion stop.

“You said to bite you.” The Scarab stated calmly, as a massive toothed claw on the end of a pneumatic arm that made up the Scorpion’s ‘tail’ slammed down onto the roof of the Goliath. With a sickening scream the armour buckled slightly, before it was replaced by a clunk, as the excavation arm picked up the tank and threw it nine foot across the desert floor until it came to a stop, its belly orientated up into the air.

“S**t, what the hell!!” Barnes yelled, as the Goliath's computer systems beeped a warning, as the excavation arm slammed down again, the teeth on the claw stabbing through the armour and ripping it off the tank. Blinking in the desert sunlight, Barnes thought she saw something diving out of the sun before a defining sound filled the desert with the roar of a 50mm auto cannon and rocket strikes. As they faded a dull groan sounded, “Oh that son of a b…” Barnes cursed, her words lost in the boom created when the Scorpion detonated, heat and shrapnel chewing through her body as she struggled to free herself from the destroyed tank.

Naomi groaned and opened her eyes to see a steel toe-capped boot before her. Straining she pulled her left arm out of the wreckage, the skin burnt off to reveal a metallic appendage.

“Bite me Girl I assume?” A familiar voice asked causing Naomi to look up at the speaker dressed in blue overalls, her long dark plated hair draped over her shoulder whilst vivid green eyes stared down at her. “You and I have something in common.”

“I doubt it,” Barnes snarled as she dragged her body out of the wreckage, only to look back and see her legs and left arm had been ripped away by the explosion.

“We were both betrayed by the people we served, unless you believe this was an accident.” The Scarab stated, as she bent down to examine Barnes’s metallic skeleton, the scarab pendent around her neck gleaming with cool green light. “Ironic, I serve the craftsman Path and you are one of the crafted.” She added, as she picked Barnes’s remains up by her arm and looked her in the eyes. “Help me find the man who killed my men and I will facilitate your revenge.”

“Who do you want dead?” Barnes hissed.

“An agent called the Inside Man, he works as an assassin and thief, stealing military secrets and killing high ranking officers and individuals of interest.” The Scarab stated. “When he ordered the artillery strike on the desalination plant the joint British and Egyptian task force I was with, he called himself Major Harris.”

“Commander Bigot?” Barnes asked, “You mean I was working for the bad guy?” She hissed, “That’s it, he’s dead...isn't that right…partner?”

To be continued as part of Tales of the Black Case Book

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay! More people!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Written on my phone as I have no computer at present, my apologies for any typos and formatting.

Here is my entry: David Vs Goliath in Space

--

As I look back on my long and interesting life, one incident stands out.

Incident...well a moment.

It was more than that, it led me to a throne. Which led me to my wife. Which led me to an empire. Which led me to sitting down here and now writing my memoirs that nobody will read. Hopefully someone will but as a prisoner upon death row...

It was...many, many years ago upon the planet of Gath, a small dusty speck in a backward corner of the cosmos. I was born there amongst the dunes, the son of solar collector. I'd spend my days helping out around the farm...I had nothing else to do.

My older brothers had joined up to the militia. Back in those days it was pretty lawless what with planetary raiders, slavers and core stealers who'd literally removed the iron cores from planets and collapse them for easier access to their minerals. So the militia was a good way of deterring those who would do us harm.

I was...twelve...no...how old was I? I was not old enough to join the militia I remember that. My father, gods rest his soul, would send me on errands to feed my brothers as they did manoeuvres which was a welcome change from collecting sunshine.

That year when the tri-star was at its zenith there came some raiders; bigger, stronger and uglier than before and led by a giant cyborg called Goliath. He, or should I say it, stood about three meters tall of pure tech and muscle. Goliath led from the front like a modern day Alexander.

When he landed on Gath the militia mobilised and went out to meet him. In the valley of Sokoh Goliath's forces had the north side while the militia had the south with the stoney valley separating them. Each side skirmished with laser shots but it was a stalemate as neither side wished to give up their position.

I took food and water to my brothers on the line as per fathers request. And it was here I saw Goliath standing on the ridge in all his glory. He was spectacular and terrifying to behold.

"Will none of you maggots fight me?" He broadcast across the valley. "Single combat to the death! Victor takes all!"

"Why doesn't someone go over there and teach that bucket of bolts a lesson?" I asked...or words to that effect, it was a long time ago so the exactness of detail is lacking.

"Feel free little one," my brother Eliab said as he oiled his chaingun. "But Goliath will eat you. And if you lose, under the terms of his challenge, the whole militia has to surrender."

"Why not just shoot him in the head as he makes his boasts?"

"Because we are not savages," said Sorl the militia commander. Sorl was one of those men that you would unquestioningly march into a black hole for but he lacked courage. His tactics were solid but he would never win a war because he rarely took risks or chances. It was like a committee of bureaucrats hijacked each decision as it crossed his frontal lobe. A great man yet unsuited for war.

"I will fight him!"

Sorl looked at me like I was a retarded dog then patted my head patronisingly. "And you would lose."

"So we just wait?" I asked with all the arrogance of youth. Looking back, how he didn't just knock my teeth in.

"You think that you, the son of a solar collector could defeat the cyborg across the valley?"

"I could try."

"If you lose, we all lose." Sorl said.

"And if I win?"

"Enough chatter David," Eliab interrupted "Run along."

"No," Sorl said "Leave him be. You have a plan?"

Honestly I didn't!

"He's still part human. Kill that and the machine stops."

Sorl stroked his grey stubbled chin, pondering. My brother was perplexed that he was even entertaining the idea. "Fortune does favour the brave."

"You can't be serious!" Eliab shouted. "Send me. Send yourself! But to send David we may as well launch a full on offensive now, rush the high ground and be slaughtered like dogs. I don't doubt your courage David, I doubt your skill."

Sorl and Eliab then erupted into heated arguments that are lost to time as I watched them yell, shout and curse each other long into the night. I snuck away after an hour or so to ponder what I'd started.

The next morning the giant cyborg came again to the ridge and again his call for combat was ignored. On the far side of the valley shots were fired, more out of obligation but again nothing as the hot tri-star of Gath beat down. And it was from the solar trinity I got an idea.

I told my brother Shimear my idea who liked it but he was merely placating me. I contemplated telling my other five brothers but after the response from Shimear it was better I just kept it to myself.

That night I stole out on the underside of one of our cybersheep, clinging to it like a burr. The mechanimal traipsed down into the valley to forage for food and completely ignored by both sides since it was just a cybersheep. Under the cover of the night I set up three solar reflector batteries on a slave cycle and then carefully rode, well was carried, home.

The next three days Goliath came out and yelled his boasts. Each day I watched the batteries as they soaked up the Gathian sun. On the fourth I made my move much to the horror of everyone.

""Will none of you maggots fight me?" He called. "Not a man amongst you sand sniffers?"

"I will!"

Goliath was slightly shocked that someone had answered his call, none more than my brother Eliab.

"What are you doing?"

"I am going to end this," I told him. He did say something but it was muffled by the clip over the ear. Sorl came and interjected.

"The boy has accepted." He said. "We now accept the hand that has been dealt."

"HE WILL KILL HIM!"

I looked at my brother "Father said it is better to die on your feet than to live o..."

"Don't!" Eliab snapped as he shook my neck. "Do you realise what you've done David? You lose we ALL surrender. Goliath wins and we will be sold into slavery. This is not a game!"

"I know. Which is why I intend to win. Just be ready."

I began to march to the valley when Sorl stopped me. "Son..."

"Be ready," I said again. Sorl nodded and drew his laser whip, handing it to me. I pushed it back. "I can't fight with your weapons Sorl, I need to fight my way."

"I pray you are right."

To be honest, looking back, this should not of worked. It was a combination of bravado and luck and possibly magic.

"You send a dog to fight me?" Mocked the giant as he leapt into the valley. His army gathered upon the ridge to watch my death. The militia came to the opposing ridge to await their fate. I stumbled down to him and just like I'd hoped the large man landed in the triangle of batteries hidden in the rocks.

"And he wields a stick? Shall we play fetch?"

Standing in the shadow of this mechanical behemoth, my plan didn't seem so good. I am positive I filled my pants. But I looked him dead in the eyes as I gripped my sunstick

"This is my planet."

He laughed like space hyena as he drew his energy mace from his hip. "This is your grave."

"No giant, it's yours!" I slammed the sunstick onto the reflector battery, it sucked up all the solar energy in an impressive light show like a meteor show. The other batteries pumped their solar energy through the slave cycle and soon my sunstick shone like the tri-star.

"Very pretty sand maggot," he laughed "I have never been attacked by a flare before."

"This isn't for you!" I flipped a switch on the sunstick which curved the ends and let loose a barrage of solar bursts into his gawking followers on the ridge. Caught unawares the molten fire cut through them as if the were butter. Goliath roared and in that moment my brother Eliab fired a well placed shot into the back of the giants throat. For a tense two seconds he paused, coughing on the projectile before his head exploded showering me in brain and circuitry.

Sorl gave a command and the militia opened fire and within the cycle of the tri-star the invaders had been reduced to a handful. I was hailed a hero even though I had engaged in honourable combat dishonestly. At the time I paid it no mind, why would I as I was a mere youth. But later it would come back to haunt me.

But that was my finest moment. The Battle of Sokoh Valley. My other achievements like the conquest of Siri Quadrant, the treaty with the Durlanni, the...

"On your feet!"

David looked up from his scrawlings at the detachment of guards. He sighed and slowly stood. "Can I have a few more moments? I'd like to finish."

The lead guard sneered "You can finish your memoirs in Hell!"

The guards descended on the old King and dragged him off to his execution

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Space Hyena? That wouldn't be from Space Tanzania by any chance?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but recently there was an update to the language rule, and now censored versions of the "F" word are not allowed. New language rule I believe you can still use other censored swears, but you will have to change the aforementioned. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To anyone else reading this;

Before anyone gives me noise about this, and how its a story, and blah blah blah. This forum is subject to the same rules as any other on the site. If you (anyone reading this) don't like this, you can go to the link and vent about it there.

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: YAAAYYYY! SOOOO HAPPPPYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Right okay, will edit it out in the next few minutes

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cbishop

@wildvine: Thanks for the info- reasonable rule.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My name was Liath but after years of winning in the arenas of Kappel-Dev it morphed into Goliath, as in Go Liath! Go Liath!

I have fought them all; wookies, vulcans, melmacians, martians, skrull, daxamite. And each has gone to their grave with the chant of Goliath ringing in their ears.

Today was no different. A puny man from Earth called David entered my house and I knocked his head clean off his shoulders. In record time. Never before have I dispatched someone so quickly. It was a was of my time.

"Do you want moire?" I roar to the crowd. The response is defaning. I smile and shrug pointing to Zurgon, the gamesman.

"Don't tell me. Tell him!"

The crowd turns on the fat slug from Rparr and I go to collect my payment. Maybe next time hell pick someone who'll last more than an minute

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 26 hours left!!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 26 hours left!!

You must be on batkevin74's side of the world, where they are a day ahead of us. ;)

Google "New York time now," and that will tell you USA Eastern time. We have 45 hours left. :)

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Blagh! Confusing time difference! Not really but sort of.

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's almost time!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Very! This is my first try! I even used the dragon warriors from this and turned it into a thing in my universe.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@venator_umbra: Very cool! You'll see that several of us tend to take ideas from our entries and run with them later. Welcome aboard! :)

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: So I'm not alone on that?! Awesome! Thanks!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: So I'm not alone on that?! Awesome! Thanks!

Not at all. Just about all of my characters started in the CCC, and ImpurestCheese debuts many of hers here as well- I think her longest running OC is Patron Saint of Crime, and that started in CCC 13. Batkevin74 started Galactic Pope in CCC 10. There are others, but those spring to mind the quickest.

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Wow! The CCC is very useful for creativity isn't it?!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 2 hours left

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cbishop

Woot! Thirty minutes to spare!

I was barely in the room before the lieutenant said, "Captain, sir! The Goliathans are moving through the outer perimeter like it's not there! They're tossing aside men and tanks like they're one and the same!"

"I'm aware of that, lieutenant Tenant. Send the order- I want the Five-Oh-Six down there now!"

A specialist at one of the comms spoke up, "Death Adders, sir?" Trim, with dirty blonde hair pulled back in a ponytail, she looked worried.

"Execute the captain's order, specialist!" barked the lieutenant. "And you refer to them by their proper code!"

"Yes, sir," she said, turning back to her comm and sending out the order. On her screen, the call sign of the receiving unit came up- a shield insignia. "David Alpha Six Division Six responding, sir. ETA... twenty seconds," she said.

"Alpha?" I asked. Even I couldn't hide my surprise.

"Confirmed, sir," said another specialist, this one male with dark skin and a strong jawline. His nameplate read Jet. "We've got one coming in on a narrow band."

"One?" I turned to my left and said, "I said I wanted the Five-Oh-Six down there, lieutenant!"

"Sir," said the lieutenant, "He is the Five-Oh-Six. David Alpha Six is the only one of the DAVIDS to survive the Goliathans so far, and it will take another month for the docs at Techno Station to engineer any more."

"DAVIDS?" I asked the lieutenant.

The lieutenant tapped the specialist on the shoulder once. She pointed at the screen. "His call sign, sir: DA VI D6- David Alpha Six Division Six- DAVIDS." She beamed momentarily before a sadness overcame it, and added, "This being the last one, we call him 'David Six,' sir." She looked up at me and steeled herself before saying, "With all he's done for us so far, sir, some kind of name besides 'Death Adder' just seemed right."

"Specialist... Salt," I said, looking at her ID tag, "if he stops this latest charge, I'll make sure he gets full blown citizenship." I meant it, too.

We all turned to the main screen to watch the city security feeds for the outcome. They showed nothing but the giant, tarnished, brass-colored behemoths that were the Goliathans, advancing from the distance at a full charge. Nothing was slowing them down. The cameras fuzzed with static momentarily, the lights on the scene seemed to dim slightly, then there was a bright flash, replaced by one lone man, standing directly in the path of the Goliathans.

Immediately one of the Goliathans fired in his direction, a huge shell from its wrist cannon detonating on impact. When the smoke cleared, the DAVID was still standing.

"The shield generator is holding, lieutenant," reported Salt, "David Six responding."

The Alpha squared off, his gauntlets beginning to glow blue. As they did, a series of mines flashed in the path of the Goliathans. Surprisingly, many of them fell; all but one. Cameras showed slagged parts, and what looked like blood. "Are those things manned?" I asked.

"That would be news to us, sir," said the lieutenant. "When David Six turns the battle, survivors either completely disintegrate the fallen, or grab them on their retreat. We've never had one to examine."

No Caption Provided

Still watching the screen, the remaining Goliathan was bearing down on the DAVID. His gauntlets glowing with a full charge now, he swung his arms back in an arc, and swung them forward again- letting the full charge of his gauntlets loose in one blast. Energy bored through the Goliathan's head like a mining drill through glass, and while the head exploded in all directions, the mammoth body crashed forward, skidding to a halt at the feet of David Six.

A cheer went up in the control room. "Yeahhh!" cheered Jet. "He just got D. Sixed!" Looking at me, he regained his composure and said, "Uh, sorry, sir. David Alpha Six..."

"It's okay, specialist. Just remember that your man in the field is more exposed than you are. Take care of him first."

Jet turned back to his monitor and tapped some keys. Onscreen, David Six looked at one of his gauntlets. Tapping an earpiece, his voice came over the comm system, "David Alpha Six reporting, sir. Perimeter secured, Goliathans down, prepared for extraction."

Leaning towards the comm mic, I said, "Belay that, David Alpha Six. I understand that we've never had one of these things to examine before. Roll it over and open it up- let's see if anyone's home."

"Copy, sir," said David Six. Onscreen, the DAVID was blocking the camera view as his boots and gauntlet gave him the power to flip the massive armor on its back. The comm broadcast a loud wrenching sound as he ripped open the chestplate, and then he stopped.

"David Alpha Six? Report," said Salt.

"Lieutenant," he said instead, "you need to see this." From our angle behind him, we could tell that he was positioning his gauntlet cam over the armor, then the feed cut to that view.

Inside, we were surprised to see, "A dog, sir," said Jet.

"No," said Salt, "that's not possible! The Dogs were stopped a long time ago, sir!"

"Lieutenant," I said, "confirm."

Bending towards the mic, Tenant said, "David Alpha Six, confirm this visual?"

"Biggest space baboons we've ever fought? Yes, sir- there's no mistaking that. These Goliathans are being piloted by Mandrillus, sir."

Tenant looked at me, and I nodded. "Copy that, David Alpha Six. Prepare for extraction."

"Copy that, sir," responded the DAVID.

Salt punched a button on her console, the cameras went static for a moment, then back to normal, and David Alpha Six was gone, returned back to base.

"Lieutenant, get me Command on the horn," I said. "Our problems just got bigger than the Goliathans."

The lieutenant said, "Copy that, sir," and tapping Salt once on the shoulder, she started the call to command. We were going to need more DAVIDS, and we were going to need them soon.

See y'all on the voting thread! :)

(Note for self: Nov 23, 2015)

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's time, I will try to get the voting thread up by tomorrow

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz:

Call me when its up and I'll pin it.

Venator_umbra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: Can you make sure to tag me for the voting thread? Just in case.