Character Creation Contest #13 - Voting

• 70 results
Turbinail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

thanks @4donkeyjohnson for saying mine was good i know mine sucked and everything im going to vote for @cbishop today his is awesome

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@turbinail: Thanks, T'! Counted. ...And yours didn't suck, it just didn't go very far. It was a decent start. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@turbinail: With just a little growth you will be a future winner of one of these. And while I admit the subject was easy the time limit was the main challenge. It's possibly because I write so quickly that I forgot others work a bit slower.

Sorry. Also for everyone else who hasn't voted there is only 12 hours until voting closes.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: You keep saying that. I didn't think this was easy at all. I think street level guys are some of the hardest to write, because it's hard to put them in a tough situation and convince the reader that they'd live through it, because they're not bulletproof and they can die. I mean, I love a good Punisher tale as much as anyone who does, but how many hails of bullets can you see him run through, before you start wondering why the badguys are such lousy shots? But if Punisher only ever had scenes like I gave SR, then eventually, he's going to come off as just a bully attacking whoever's weaker, rather than a bad@ss defeating badguys.

And personally, for me, what the hairy heck do I know about "street?" I find creating that kind of world for a character very daunting. I'm glad it's easy for you, but not for me, sir. Nope, nope, nope.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I meant easy because there were no restrictions on the character apart from word limit, time and NO PUNISHER wannabes. That said I'm used to writing lame super villains such as 8-Ball, Crossfire and Chemistro who traditionally can't take that much punishment and win by being smart and/or aggressive rather then wading through storms of enemy projectiles

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Voting is now over. I proudly announce the well deserving cbishop as the winner. Hazah

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Voting is now over. I proudly announce the well deserving cbishop as the winner. Hazah

Wow. Folks, I cannot adequately tell you how seriously wowed I am by this. Because of the subject matter, this was really hard for me to write, and I thought readers were going to shy away from reading it, much less voting for it. It may sound silly to say for a writing contest, but I'm humbled by your votes. Thank you so much. You've given me a much needed boost in confidence in my writing, that I wasn't even aware that I needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now to right a past wrong: Back in CCC #4, @wildvine and I were locked in a tie, until a tie-breaking vote finally came in, and declared her the winner. She then bowed out, because she was going to be out of town, I was declared winner, and I did the next contest. If you'll check out the Winners Thread and Voting Stats, you'll see that her name is where it belongs, as winner of that contest. She and I have chatted in PM, and now, to make her victory complete, she is going to pick the theme for the next contest. Be afraid, writers. Be very afraid. ;)

-cb

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: No one deserved the win this time more than you :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: Well done on your victory bish!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#62  Edited By Myrmidon_

@cbishop said:

@impurestcheese said:

Now to right a past wrong: Back in CCC #4, @wildvine and I were locked in a tie, until a tie-breaking vote finally came in, and declared her the winner. She then bowed out, because she was going to be out of town, I was declared winner, and I did the next contest. If you'll check out the Winners Thread and Voting Stats, you'll see that her name is where it belongs, as winner of that contest. She and I have chatted in PM, and now, to make her victory complete, she is going to pick the theme for the next contest. Be afraid, writers. Be very afraid. ;)

-cb

That's respectable man. Respect that a lot. Nice.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cbishop
4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks @4donkeyjohnson for saying mine was good i know mine sucked and everything im going to vote for @cbishop today his is awesome

One day, possibly soon, you'll win this comp! Mark my words

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#65  Edited By wildvine

@cbishop said:

@impurestcheese said:

Wow. Folks, I cannot adequately tell you how seriously wowed I am by this. Because of the subject matter, this was really hard for me to write, and I thought readers were going to shy away from reading it, much less voting for it. It may sound silly to say for a writing contest, but I'm humbled by your votes. Thank you so much. You've given me a much needed boost in confidence in my writing, that I wasn't even aware that I needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

-cb

Thank you sir. I am duly honored by this gesture. I will come up with something interesting soon.

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Myrmidon_
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Pyrogram

@cbishop: I rarely log onto Stark anymore. Was doing an RP with him and saw your comment :P

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I actually just created my first alt of BumpInTheNight, for the express purpose of bumping certain index pages, so I can make further use of the comment sections. I unknowingly walked into a site bug doing that - I couldn't post with that account, couldn't log out for most of the day. They managed to get it fixed.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@cbishop: Yeah. They've been having trouble recently, I made an Alt two days ago and it messed up. Oh'well, saved me from writing a character bio which are sometimes boring lol