Captain Marvel Bunny and the Hill of Holes

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

RANKED 2nd BY VOTERS IN CHARACTER CREATION CONTEST #28!

DateDC Action!ViewRead the...
04/23/15Captain Marvel Bunny and the Hill of Holes(Blog) (Forum)Disclaimer
RatingRating explanation
ECartoon mischief to be sure. Weakening of fourth wall boundaries.
No Caption Provided

Captain Marvel Bunny and Invincible The Ibis were fighting a strange reptilian foe- a black snake with a yellow underbelly in the jagged pattern of a lightning bolt. He was as strong as the Captain, but with additional powers the bunny couldn't explain. Even with the combo of The Marvel Bunny's might and Invincible's Ibistick, they were having trouble with this slithery villain.

Invincible raised his Ibistick and fired a magical bolt at the snake, but he coiled like a spring and bounced out of the way. When he came down from his bounce, he trapped Invincible in his embrace. The snake squeezed until the Ibistick dropped from the hero's grip, then grabbed the end of the bird's red turban in his mouth, and coiled around Invincible at super speed. When he was done, The Ibis was a big red mummy.

The snake coiled before the crimson bundle, pleased with himself. Captain Marvel Bunny took that moment to throw a punch at the snake, but it moved at super speed, flying into the air. "Ss-ss-ss-ss-ss-ss-ssss," came the stuttering hiss of the snake's laughter. "You'll never defeat Black Adar, Bunny!"

Captain Marvel Bunny lunged into the sky, shouting, "You don't mind if I try, do y-ooop!" Black Adar had grabbed the Captain's wrist with his tail and flipped him through the air. A deafening crash signaled the Captain's abrupt halt in the wall of a nearby building.

As the Rabbit of Righteousness shook off the stunning blow, the Serpent of Sin asked, "Don't you know I have the same power as you? Do you know what's good about that?" Before the Captain could respond, Black Adar zigzagged his body like a lightning bolt and with similar speed, he struck The Marvel Bunny in the chest.

The hero was shocked to find that he had been turned back into Hoppy! He went to shout the word that would change him back, but Black Adar quickly coiled around his body, one firm coil over his mouth. "Ah, ah, ahhh," scolded the snake. "We can't have you saying your magic word, Hoppy." The bunny's eyes went wide when he heard his name. "Oh, don't look so shocked. The narrator let it slip seven sentences ago."

!!!...Sorry, Hoppy.

"Fret not, you'll get to change back soon." Still firmly coiled around our hero, Black Adar flew to a spot at the edge of Fawncett City, landing before a familiar burrow. "It was a bolthole like this that led me to the Rock of Eternity, centuries ago," said the snake. "This is how you found him, yes?" Unable to answer, Hoppy just glared at the snake. "Well, only he has the answer you need of how to stop me," taunted the serpent, "but don't think I'm going to make that easy for you."

Swaying his head back and forth before Hoppy, the snake continued, "This is a power that all of us cartoon snakes have, y'know." With that, concentric circles started spinning in Black Adar's eyes, and he leaned close to Hoppy until the bunny's eyes matched his own. "When next you look at this hillside, Hoppy, you will see many burrows, and you'll have to try them all to find the old guy. But don't worry, when you find a wrong one, all you have to do is say your magic word, and instead of changing back, you'll be transported back here to try another hole." Eyes still spinning, the enthralled rabbit nodded weakly.

"But you need to move quickly," warned the snake, "because the Internet attention span is really short." Coiling around to one of the bunny's ears, Black Adar confided, "I'd wink at the reader, but I don't have any eyelids." With that, he uncoiled from around Hoppy at super speed, leaving the bunny spinning like a top while he flew away.

No Caption Provided

Hoppy spun for several seconds, then wobbled, then plopped down on his cottontail. His eyes still spinning and his upper body still wobbling back-and-forth slightly, he put one paw to his head, shut his eyes tightly, and shook his head vigorously. When his body-wobble slowed, he opened his eyes and the hypnotic effects were gone. Hoppy snapped his head around to the hill, now dotted with holes. He immediately shouted, "SHAZAM!" and dove into the nearest burrow.

Earth-8311:

As soon as Captain Marvel Bunny appeared in this reality, he heard maniacal laughter followed by, "It worked! It worked! The Moleholeborer has drilled into another dimension, bringing me a minion capable of defeating that pesky porker..."

"Hey! Big ears here! Kind of sensitive!" the Bunny shouted. He then looked down at a small animal with white goggles and a green cape, and asked, "Who are you?"

"I?!" shouted the villain. "I am The Mole, man! I am the underminer of morals! I am boring into the very fabric of..." and that was when The Captain backhanded him into a nearby tunnel wall.

"You're boring alright," he agreed.

"Hey! Who are you and why are you defeating my villain?" a voice demanded.

Captain Marvel Bunny focused his keen eyesight down the dark tunnel until he spied a pig in a red and blue costume with white eyepatches. "Ah, you must be the pesky porker?" he asked.

"That's Spider-Ham to you, pal," answered the pesky porker. "Hey! That's Spider-Ham to you, too!"

???...Fine, I'll be over here, being quiet. See how far your story gets without me.

"I'm Captain Marvel Bunny."

"I'm your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Ham. I see you've already met The Mole."

"Yes, but I was sent here by a villain of my own and need to get back."

"If anyone can figure out how to travel to another reality, it would have to be Deer Dicharrs, of the Fawntastic Four. Let's drop The Mole off to the police, and we'll go see him."

"Um, I don't know if...wait. What about him?"

"Who? Oh...what about him?"

"Ahem."

Hm? Oh, me? Oh! Oh yeah! <ahem> Captain Marvel Bunny and Spider-Ham...

Spider-Ham nodded approvingly.

Captain Marvel Bunny and Spider-Ham headed to the surface. They were just leaving police headquarters when The Captain looked down the street and started to shout, "Jumping Jellyf...mmf!" but was interrupted by a web muffling his mouth.

"I don't think our lawyers will let us say that," chided Spider-Ham.

The Captain scowled at the hero and ripped the webbing from his mouth. "No! Look!" he said, pointing down the street. "Jumping Jellyfish!" And sure enough, coming down the street were two giant, jumping, bouncing jellyfish, bouncing off of buildings as well as the sidewalk. "That must be what The Mole's Moleholeborer actually brought here! Let's wrap this up quick," said The Captain. He started forward, but another web grabbed his shoulder.

"Touch those slimy things? Are you kidding? I have a better idea." Captain Marvel Bunny just looked at Spider-Ham as he strolled forward with his hands clasped behind his back. "Jellyfish!" he shouted. "That's perfect! Now where did I put my Peanutbutterfish? This will be a great snack!"

The two jellyfish stopped mid-bounce, one in a lean off the sidewalk, the other about to leap from the side of a building. Their bulbous heads turned to each other, they shook, and then both jumped, spinning faster and faster until they disappeared from this reality.

"If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it," admitted The Captain. "Well, time for me to go. Until we meet again, Spider-Ham."

"Until then, Captain," answered Spider-Ham.

The two heroes shook hands, Captain Marvel Bunny shouted, "SHAZAM!" and was gone. Appearing once again before the hill of holes, he immediately dove into another burrow.

Just Right of Albuquerque:

"Eh, what's up, doc?" asked a naked rabbit. "You must be the temp, while I go on vacation. Heyyyy, fancy duds, doc!" He then chomped on a carrot while he looked the hero over. In the distance, a small brown tornado was moving towards them. "So, Taz will be here in a second. Don't worry, his bark is worse than his bite, doc. Thanks for filling in for me, and I'll see you in two weeks. Tah tah!" With that, the grey and white rabbit dove into the ground and burrowed away.

"What in the world?" asked The Captain.

"Waaaabiiiit!" came the slobbering chatter of the brown tornado, now stopped beside him. Not a tornado at all, he was an also naked brown Tasmanian Devil.

"Excuse me?" asked Captain Marvel Bunny.

"WABBIT!" hollered Taz, as he quickly tied a napkin around his neck and grabbed The Marvel Bunny's arm. Before The Captain could say anything, Taz's mouth opened wide and clamped down on Cap's arm. There was a loud clanking sound, then the teeth cracked, and fell out of Taz's mouth. Taz looked at the pile of teeth, then at the hero, who just shrugged. Snatching the bib from his neck, he quickly scooped the pile of teeth into it, creating a small sack. He then spun and zipped away, trailed only by a, "Yipe! Yipe! Yipe! Yipe! Yipe!"

The Captain just looked after him. "Oh for the luvva...SHAZAM!" Disappearing once again and reappearing at the hill, he dove into another hole.

The World Tree:

The Captain quickly covered his ears, as the space around him echoed with the most thunderous laughter he had ever heard. As the guffawing died down, he took his hands away from his ears, and curious of its source, looked around the wondrous space before him. Seeing a giant squirrel scurry up the humongous tree, he was about to call after it when he spied a giant red bird with four eyes staring back at him.

"Who dares to intrude on Toucan the Terrible?" it rumbled.

"Oh, heck no," the Captain said without fear. "Nothing personal. I simply don't have the time to deal with you. SHAZAM!" and he disappeaeard again.

Next Issue: .Handsome Rabbit Hero.-
Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cbOriginally Presented In: CCC #28.

Story, original characters and content are owned by Chris Bishop. Copyright Chris Bishop 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
OC Names:

Characters:

• Black Adar (The Serpent of Sin)
  • Deer Dicharrs
  • Invincible the Ibis
  • Mole, The
  • Toucan the Terrible
  • unnamed narrator
  • unnamed old guy

Groups:

• Fawntastic Four
  • Jumping Jellyfish (2)
  • unnamed lawyers (at least 2)

Locations:

• Fawncett City
  • Hill, The
  • Just Right of Albuquerque
  • Police HQ

Objects:

• Moleholeborer, The
Comic Characters used in this fic:
Public Domain:

Characters:

Concepts:

Locations:

Other Companies: (parodied)
CompanyCharacters, Etc.

DC:

DC: (parodied)

Marvel:

Marvel: (parodied)

Picture credits:
PictureCredit
Invincible the Ibis logo

With a name logo created in MS Paint, the red ibis in the pic is from the logo for Jaded Ibis Productions, found via Google Images. (Although, if it's a jaded ibis, shouldn't it be green?)

I had linked the JIP site, but it's no longer there.

"You'll never defeat Black Adar, Bunny!"

Added the yellow lightning bolt with MS Paint, but it came from a pic on pixshark, found via Google Images.

I had linked pixshark, but I tried to open it later, and the tab would just close itself before it opened fully.

"This is a power that all of us cartoon snakes have, y'know."

Kaa (public domain) from The Jungle Book movie (movie property of Disney); gif found in a Google Image Search.

"Look away, or send cbishop money... your choice... or is it? ...Oh, very well- keep scrolling."

He immediately shouted, "SHAZAM!" and dove into the nearest burrow.

Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, property of DC Comics, found via Google Images. It's all over the place.

"Hey! That's Spider-Ham to you, too!"

This is cropped from a pic found via Google Images, but turns out it's from CV article Awesome Toy Picks: The Amazing Spider-Ham Mini Bust.

"Jumping Jellyf...mmf!"

Copied once, flipped and pasted together in MS Paint, these are from Jumping jellyfish, by John Ariosa on lamplightgames.org.

"Touch those slimy things?"

Spider-Ham, property Marvel, found via Google Images. This was in several places.

"So, Taz will be here in a second...I'll see you in two weeks."

Bugs Bunny, property DC, found via Google Images.

"Waaaabiiiit!"

Taz, property DC, found via Google Images.

"Who dares to intrude on Toucan the Terrible?"

Altered in MS Paint, including pasting in eyes from a pic of Trigon and cropping, but this is from the logo for Red Toucan.

CCC #28 comments for Captain Marvel Bunny and the Hill of Holes:
CommentWho
Spider-Ham, Bugs Bunny and a Black Adam pun, my vote goes to cbishopbatkevin74
batkevin74: Woohoo! Suh-weet! :)cbishop
My vote goes to batkevin74 with cbishop in 2nd by a photo finish for writing Bugs Bunny :)4donkeyjohnson
Cbish. Because...crossover escapism. WORD..kfhrfdu_89_76k
kfhrfdu_89_76k: Thank you! :Dcbishop
Hmmm, I'm voting Batkev on this one, but Cbishop was very close behind. It came down to my style of humor, to be honest.YoungJustice
youngjustice: Nothing wrong with that. We all have to base our vote on something. Counted.cbishop
.Fic-O-Pedia: cbishop. (My library of fics)Fic #081

Thanks for stopping in! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop

The Origins Behind the Origins (or how some of these characters got their names):

Black Adar

Wordplay: "Black Adam; black adder."

Deer Dicharrs

Got "Deer" by switching the "R" and "D" in "Reed," so I switched the "R" and "D" in "Richards" too. Fawntastic Four instead of Fantastic Four.

Invincible the Ibis

From Ibis the Invincible.

Toucan the Terrible (Fallayershnozl; The Pied Piper of Morning)

I had a long explanation of him written out, and fugging CV ate it, so it'll have to wait. <sigh>

That's all for now. Thanks for reading. -cb :^D

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dude. You're seriously good at this whole writing thing. And you're stuff is insane, which is right up my alley. Loved you're take on Toucan Sam. He was my least favorite cereal mascot, and you changed that. Loving Captain Marvel Bunny also! Seriously, you're killing it.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude. You're seriously good at this whole writing thing. And you're stuff is insane, which is right up my alley. Loved you're take on Toucan Sam. He was my least favorite cereal mascot, and you changed that. Loving Captain Marvel Bunny also! Seriously, you're killing it.

Wow. Thanks for all of that. It's insane when it warrants it, but for some reason, I have the most fun with the craziest ideas on funny animal stories. Now if I can just get my human stories to flow as well. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Dec 24, 2023: Of course someone else has done the PB & Jellyfish gag. :)