Build Your Universe

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

After seeing the trailer for Pacific Rim after about a gazillion times, I was inspired to pump out more original characters to add to my roster for a potential comic or book in the late future (it's still a dream alas :C). While designing the skull helmet of a new mecha OC, it dawned on me....others might be curious to know what universe I have been building for years now. (since 2005-2007 if you can believe it.)

And I'm curious to know if anybody else has created their own universe as well. Either with ideas of publication, or just something to pass the time when you should be studying for mid-terms.

Now this is about original universes. Not so much fan additions and edits to established universes (ala Marvel, DC, Image etc.)

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By serpent222

I have, in fact built my own universe, and am working on writing scripts for it. I have at least 5 arcs set, and most of the characters in place. It would be amazing if I could get it published, which is a goal of mine. But I realize that's more of a pipe dream than anything. I doubt it will ever go anywhere.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#3  Edited By GR2Blackout

I've made about, like, 5 original comic book companies. 2 of them I never really worked on for a while. 2 others I just worked on but my friends came up with. The other one is my original comic book company idea.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon

I have made one. S. Inc Comics. I spent a year making as many comic books as I could for it. Although I eventually lost track of time and had to cancel the line. They are all my original characters.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpent222:

Just 5 arcs alone is astounding. I think I've plotted out about 3 full ones. Plus a lot of side stories, but those are another deal altogether.

@GR2Blackout:

Comic book companies? O.O I barely think past the next gore fest in my stories let alone future companies.

@TheCannon:

At least you made the books. I can barely get through the first section of my initial storyline before I scrap it for sounding too lame.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#6  Edited By TheCannon

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Some of mine were kind of lame. Though the good ones were so good they just blew you away.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCannon:

Lol, we totally need to swap ideas then. XD I highly doubt your worst suck as much as my worst.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#8  Edited By GR2Blackout

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@serpent222:

Just 5 arcs alone is astounding. I think I've plotted out about 3 full ones. Plus a lot of side stories, but those are another deal altogether.

@GR2Blackout:

Comic book companies? O.O I barely think past the next gore fest in my stories let alone future companies.

@TheCannon:

At least you made the books. I can barely get through the first section of my initial storyline before I scrap it for sounding too lame.

That's just what I refer to them as.

CosmicGod432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CosmicGod432

I am actually in the process of writing a fantasy/science fiction novel at the moment. I do not want to go into full detail about the world I am world I am using for the setting though. I will tell you that I am aiming for a universe that draws elements and emotion from that which you may see Marvel/DC, Star Wars, and Star Trek universes. It may sound a little messy when I describe it like that, but trust me it is all in order. From the Marvel and DC universes I am using similar elements such as diverse and in-depth characters, and from the Star Wars and Star Trek universes I will mimic the limitlessness and potential. Ultimately I plan to have a unique novel unlike anything else that still features small but dire things that you have seen before.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Well created the Marvel Iron Age universe and the Splicer universe, both of which I play in :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

Iron Age is more of a 2099 type thing while Splicers is completely my own idea for the universe and I attempted to start up a sci-fi fic universe called Border Worlds but no one seemed very interested so as of now its just an intro and one chapter. I need to get more up from Splicers tho