Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Brutal Foes of Batman #4

Haven's Gate, Arkham Asylum - 4th January

Yesterday I was in hell, now, now I'm walking out into the Arkham Island 'Green Zone' as a man who partiality has his freedom back. To be honest with Black Gate destroyed, the old Asylum is overrun and guys like me get paroled every day.

That said the Asylum is empty, there are only a few criminals left inside, and for me this is also good. With 42 of Gotham's worst on the loose nobody will be looking for me. In a week I have a court appearance, so until then I have a free window to do what I want.

Cyclone Turbine Manufacturing Plant, Amusement Mile, Gotham City- 6th January

You know where they say about returning home after a brief stay elsewhere, that nothing changes. While I can honestly say that is bull. Sure the building is the same but the people, well as I enter my gang's hideout all I can see on their faces is hostility.

"What no hug?" I state as the four of them tense up. "So let's talk about this work for Bane."

"We've already talked about that." The Carpenter states in a voice that sounds like somebody has drained all the emotion out of her. "The six of us..."

"Wait Six?!" I ask as I mentally count do a headcount, stopping as I get to four. "Urm aren't you missing two guys."

"Not really. " The Getaway Genius announces as I hear foot steps behind me. Turning to face number 'five' and 'six' an eye singeing blast lights up the room causing me to stumble back.

"Meet Signalman and Pix, the newest members of the Gotham Six."

"Oh for the love of..." I snort as reach for the concealed long dagger in the small of my back. Before I can finish Pix is closing in, inky knives clutched in her hands, I barley have time to block the strike, and when I do I regret it. The tattoos on Pix's arms ripple and a tide of scorpions runs up my arms, their inky tails and claws striking at me.

They replaced me with her? What next...
They replaced me with her? What next...
Oh wait it got worse. Signalman?! Who do you think you're kidding
Oh wait it got worse. Signalman?! Who do you think you're kidding

"Stings right?" Getaway Genius states. "How poisonous are those things Pix?"

"As lethal as I want them." Pix purrs as I dive to the floor and roll on the concrete, the scorpions melting back into black ink again. I spring to my feet only to see an arrow whizz past my ear.

"Did you get a seventh guy as well?" I ask before being struck in the face by a glowing baton flare, spots dancing before my face. Blindly I lash out and strike something liquid and keep going until warm ink is everywhere.

"Somebody tell me what's going on?" I yell as something neon darts past me, the blindness returning.

"On the left!" Otis yells, his words guiding my fist into Signalman's jaw.

"Demon get in there and rip him to shreds!!" The Getaway Genius yells as I hear Signalman crash to the floor.

"Nyet." NKVDemon hisses as I begin to get my vision back. "We are not going to kill him."

"We are going to throw him out." Carpenter announces, her arms crossed as she and the others look at me with the same look of disgust they had earlier mixed with begrudging respect.

"Okay I get it." I sigh as I begin to walk towards the door. "Oh by the way, did you here what happened to Firebug? " I ask in the most innocent voice I muster. "You know the other guy who used to be part of the gang."

"You kicked him out after the heist, for being late and later after he ratted on us." Carpenter tells me in a board voice as Signalman reaches for one of his flare batons, only for me to stamp on his hand.

"I don't remember that." I cough before walking to the door. "But so you know the Bat, he beat him to a pulp because Firebug crossed me." I lie as I leave the building. It's good that they have officaly kicked me out, it makes what I'm about to do next easier. A lot easier...

Gotham Costume Emporium

"And then they just kicked me out." I state as I sit on the sofa outside the dressing room, a copy of the Gotham Herald on my lap. "Replaced me with some tattooed bimbo and the Signalmook. It really is embarrassing that they thought those two were equal to me."

"At least they thought you were worth two people. " The man in the changing room replies. "I'm more worried about...well everything about this plan, it seems like I'm doing all the work."

"Work? Those guys will scatter as soon as they see you if we get it right. You are tres feroux!" I exclaim, knowing that my new "partner' will eat it up. "Now let's get a look at you."

Two can play at this game. I'll just hang out with my new friend!!
Two can play at this game. I'll just hang out with my new friend!!

"It's not ready." My partner answers, "What about all the gizmos and the car."

"Already on that, I'll pick up the gadgets from 'the Dog' tomorrow, and the car a couple of days later. " I tell him."Besides I'll be the one keeping an eye out for the real thing, making sure that he doesn't turn up and ruin everything." I reassure him as the curtain is pulled back to reveal an imposing figure dressed in black.

"How do I look?" He asks in a gruff voice, do unlike his normal tones.

"Authentic." I answer. "Now who are you? "

"I'm Batman." He growls in an imposing voice, one that to any unknowing party wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By dngn4774

@impurestcheese: Pix was pretty interesting and I kind of wish she had more lines. DC already has a villain named signalman. Not sure if you were referencing that character. Overall, your main character for this issue felt underwhelming. I know the chapter's about him but he still feels like the third most interesting person in a room of six people. Readers need a reason to care why they should like him or despise him (since he's technically a villain).

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Yeah poor Cavalier is sitting on the backfoot compated to...others. and Signalman is the same one from DC

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@impurestcheese: Cool. Had me confused for a second because his newer version attacks through the chestpiece in his costume.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@dngn4774: This version is a mix of his Signalman and Blue Bowman personas

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "Meet Signalman and Pix, the newest members of the Gotham Six." Are they real or your creations?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: They are real characters fromthe DC Z-List

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Straight-Fire  Online

@impurestcheese: No worries. ^_^

This was amazing. I believe you could be a comic writer. :-)

Keep up the great work. :-P

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@impurestcheese: Interesting. Very interesting. Now there are two mystery men. Wonderful. Good series Imp

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers