Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ekrolo

Book 1: Clone Wars

Bruce Wayne The Line Book 1: Star Wars Clone Wars

A New Life Part 2-5

Bane stood over the now dead alien, he started searching his corpse and retrieved a small disk from his pocket, he then took the disk and kicked the corpse into the sewer river, Bane turned around and walked for several minutes until he reached a large waterfall and several armed men saluting him.

"Lord Bane, our last client contacted you while you were.... out hunting. " Said a human soldier as he walked up to Bane with a communication device in his hand.

Bane nodded to the soldier and walked into a large make shift tent, he then placed the communication device on the floor, activated it and stepped back as the hologram of an older man in a black cloak stood before him.

"Greetings lord Bane, I trust that you and your men were handsomely reward for your last mission? "

The mans voice was raspy and malevolent, there was a slight accent to it, he looked just human but Bane could feel the Dark side pouring out of him even from this far away.

"Indeed we were, but I must confess I wasn't expecting you to contact me again, at least not this soon. "

"Something has happened recently that has forced me to accelerate my plans greatly, I now have less than a year to accomplish them and that is why I require the best to aid me. "

Bane stared at him for a minute contemplating his offer, he then walked to a desk and put on a black shirt and turned his head to the hooded man.

"What do you need of me? "

A smirk formed itself on the old mans face, he was clearly pleased with Banes answer.

"Now that you have scared the Jedi and Senat into abandoning Coruscant, you are to travel to Alderan and kill master Yoda. "

Bane stood there frozen, he couldn't believe the missions he was being offered, he was scared for the briefest moment then he realized what this would mean for him and his true master.

"I accept. " The hooded mans smirk turned into a smile that ran across his entire face.

"But I must ask... why spare Padme Amidala? "

"What do you me-" His smile slowly started to fade.

"Chancellor Palpatine..... can I call you that? Or perhaps you would like Darth Sidious more. " Even under that face mask, it was obviously Bane had a pleased smile on his face.

Palpatine on the other hand looked angry, were he there in person, he would have probably cut Banes head off on the spot.

"You're plans for those two is genius to say the least. " He came up to his hologram, then his demeanor changed all together.

"But I will warn you only once.... should you or your plans interfere with mine.... I will break you! "

His voice was monstrous but no louder than a whisper, the he walked out of the tent, Palpatine stood there and for the first time in many, many years he felt genuine fear.

"Vosk! " Bane shouted to the man who informed him on the call earlier.

"Yes lord Bane? "

"Prepare the men, we are leaving Coruscant, I want 3 dozen pairs of clone trooper armor within two weeks, understood? "

The man nervously nodded at his master and ran off, Bane stood there watching his army prepare for the biggest and most dangerous mission of they're lives.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Bruce stood in the new council chambers, he was in a meditative stance, his eyes closed and his right hand extended to a small rock in the middle of the room, he had been trying to use the Force for days now, flashes of that faithful night constantly popped up in his head but the rock remained still.

"Goddam it! " Bruce opened his eyes and smashes his fist into the ground, causing a large dent in it, he heard a small chuckle behind him and turned to see master Yoda watching him.

He looked away and lowered his head in embarrassment. "Sorry about that. "

"Still no progress? A great shame it is, but not entirely a surprise. " He sat on the exact opposite side of the room from Bruce.

"I sense great fear in you young one. " He used the Force to bring the rock to his hand and he levitated it just above his palm.

"Im not afraid, I just.... cant do it! "

"Cannot deceive me young one, I have met many people like you Bruce, adore control you do, but when taken away from you, fear takes you, why are you afraid? "

Bruce looked into the old Jedi's eyes, he then saw flashes of himself during that night as he decimatedDeathstroke and tore half the manor grounds appart, his mouth felt dry, he was reluctant to answer Yoda but he decided to let him know.

"I-i guess im afraid, its going to happen again.... im scared that.... I wont be able to stop myself. "

"Let go of your fear you must, or it will consume you and you will be lost in the darkness.... forever, try again and this time, cleanse your mind of all emotion. " He levitated the rock to the middle of the room andreturned to the shadows to watch Bruce.

Bruce took a deep long breath and returned to his meditative stance, everything was clear but then the flashes came back, he once again struggled but then started thinking of home and his family, the images subsided and the rock began to get off the ground, Bruce opened his eyes and extended his hand, the rock slowly came to him.

"Very good. " Said a Yoda with a large smile on his face.

Bruce started levitating the rock like Yoda did a moment ago and turned to his master. "So... whats next? "

"Now create a lightsaber, you must. "

Yoda waved his hand to Bruce as a sign for the apprentice to follow him, Bruce got on his feet and followed the small alien up dozens of stairs to a seemingly empty room with only a single ray of light in the middle of the room.

As Bruce walked into the single light he noticed a small chest on the floor, he crouched down and opened it revealing dozens of light saber components, a pair of gauntlets and boots as well as a single white light saber crystal.

.......................................................................................................................................................

A military shuttle descended into the dark streets of lower Coruscant, the shuttle pilot scanned the area for any threats, after several minutes of nothing coming up on his onboard screen, he raised his hand and gave the soldiers the order to exit the shuttle.

"All right men listen up, our brothers have been getting killed down here for days now, our mission is to find any survivors and identify the person responsible, stay close to each other and do not, I repeat do not go into the deeper parts of the sewers... there's no telling whats down there. "

"Yes sir! "

The soldiers all stood up, saluted the pilot and exited the shuttled, they were elite clone troopers with blue and red markings on they're armor, they also had all sorts of weapons, from pistols to mini guns to portable AA turrets attached to they're torso.

The 12 clones split into two groups, 6 used they're grappling hooks to go through the uper sewers while the remaining clones came in through the main entrance.

Thirty minutes of nothing happening the pilot heard a bleep on his onboard screen, he saw a single redbleep on it, but then it quickly turned to over a two dozen.

"Listen up! We have hostiles, get out of there no- BOOM! "

The large explosion was heard as the shuttle blew up when a rocket fired at it. The main squad heard it over the radio, then the second squad began yelling into the communication device.

"Were being overwhelmed, the enemy has booby trapped this whole place, we have to retreat now! "

The main squad commander gave a hand gesture that pointed to the exit, they began running back to the shuttle and randevouz with the second squad, they reached the shuttle remains just when an explosionoccurred in the sewers, silencing the other clones, they found a single lone man in a coat standing in front of the burning vehicle.

The clones immediately pointed they're weapons as they identified him as Bane.

"Stop! You are unter arrest for the murder of 50 clone soldiers and 20 senators of the Republic! "

"Lay down your weapons and your deaths will be quick and painless.... mostly. "

There was only silence from the two parties, Banes patience ran out and he raised his hand, twitched his index finger, at that exact moment five of the six clones dropped dead as they were sniped from theshadows.

"You son of a bitch! "

The clone commander pointed his rifle to Bane, pulled the trigger and managed to fire several shots before Bane ran up to him and with one punched snapped his rifle in two, knocked his helmet off and gave him aconcussion.

"Take him. "

Two soldiers came from the shadows and took the commander into the sewers, Bane looked back at the burning vehicle, he then turned on his Venom injector, as he grew to twice his size, he kicked the vehicle into the dark depths of Coruscant leaving no evidence of a battle.

Bane deactivated the Venom injector and called to his Lieutenant. "Vosk. "

"You are to extract the last pieces of information from his brain immediately, were leaving tomorrow. "

The man nodded at his master in agreement and entered the sewers, Bane stayed outside contemplating the task at hand.

Two lightsabers clashed as Ahsoka and Bruce continued their sparring match, Yoda sat there watching them as he drank something similar to tea, they had been sparring for half an hour now, it seemed like a dance as they parried each others blows and struck each other.

Ahsoka used dual green light sabers while Bruce used a single silver colored one, she jabbed her left saber forward in a stabbing motion, Bruce placed his saber under it and with a fast swipe launched it from her hand, into the air and into his hand.

Bruce smirked at his fellow apprentice who had an annoyed look on her face, she then placed her remainingsaber in a reverse grip, she jumped into the air and launched a barage of strikes at him, she constantly jumped and spun around him trying to find a weakness in his defense.

Bruce's fighting style was a stark contrast, he stood his ground seemingly like an immovable object to his sparring partner, he only advanced when the time to strike was right and carefully judged his opponents mistakes, he had gotten bored of this and decided to to end the fight.

He spun the two sabers in his hand and began a blinding series of strikes combing all of his martial art, weapons and Jedi training into a singular unique fighting style, she felt completely overwhelmed as sweatstarted coming off her forehead, she once again jumped into the air and tried to stab Bruce.

"All to easy. "

Bruce thought to himself as he dodged her attack, she ended up stabbing the ground instead, Bruce placed the second saber on his belt and grabbed Ahsoka's head tail he pulled her away then bashed her head onto her own lightsaber, he then extended his hand and called her saber to him, disarming her.

"I win. "

He smirked at his partner who was rubbing her forehead from his attack.

"Yeah, yeah.... "

She stopped rubing her head, get back on her feet and took the two sabers from his hand and belt, she looked and sounded genuinely mad at him, but he decided to ignore it for now and turned his attention to Yoda.

"Good, very good, far you have come in a short time, a great Jedi you will be. "

Ahsoka crossed her arms and looked away from them both.

He said as he finished his last cup of tea, he then took his walking stick and began walking to the two young Jedi.

"Ahsoka.... I sense that you are troubled, what is the matter, hm? "

She breathed deeply, sighed then finally spoke up.

"Its nothing master Yoda, im just tired. "

Yoda looked at the young Torgruta, she was clearly lying but he was interrupted when Alfred entered the room.

"Master Yoda, im sorry to interrupt you and your training season but something.... troubling has come up and it requires your attention. "

Yoda nodded to the droid and followed him out of the room, leaving the two padawan's alone.

"What has happened? "

"We have news that Bane, the mercenary who attacked Coruscant a month ago has been captured and hes being brought here. "

Yoda rubbed his chin, deep in his thoughts, he knew something was wrong but decided to leave it for now until he could get a chance to speak with the mercenary.

"Very well, inform commander Rex that arrive I shall, prepared we must be for I sense something terrible may soon occur. "

They walked out of the temple and reached the landing pad, they stood there for several minutes, then the shuttle appeared from the sky, as it slowly landed the wind was blowing madly but it subsided as the shuttles engine were turned off.

The doors opened revealing commander Rex with a dozen clones at his side and Bane on his knees chackledup tightly, Yoda looked into the mans eyes.

"No fear, no emotion, blank and empty his eyes are, the eyes of a monster... capable only to destroy. " The old master thought to himself as he saw Bane being dragged away into the temple.

Bruce stood with his back on a stone pillar and his arms crossed, Ahsoka sat in one of the Council chairs with her hand on her chin, they hadn't talked for all the time master Yoda was gone.

Bruce sighed as he finally set opposite of her in a chair and finally spoke up.

"Mind telling me whats wrong? Or are you just going to ignore me? "

Ahsoka didn't even flinch as she continued to look away from him, then she turned her gaze to Bruce.

"Do you know how hard I worked to get this far? I never told you did I? "

Bruce stayed silent, he knew better than to interrupt her when she was like this.

"I grew up an orphan on my home planet, I was 6 when the Jedi finally found me and took me here and for years and years I trained long and hard to get to where I am. "

"Where are you going with this? "

"Where im going with this is I look at you, some one who's only been here training with master Yoda for two weeks and now you're already better than me, where im going with this is that..... "

"That I dont feel like you deserve being here.... "

Bruce's eyes widened, his heart rate going up but he tried to remain calm.

"I mean I had to travel to a cold planet on the edge of the galaxy just to get a crystal for my lightsaber and then build it, you got yours practically handed to you, then master Yoda just took you under his wing when the rest of us had to work long and hard just to find masters in a time like this. "

"And why is everything like this? Because they think you're something special so everything gets served on you on a silver platter, but you're Bruce Wayne, the prince of Gotham, I shouldn't have expected things to be any different..... "

She looked away from his with her arms crossed, her voice as low as a whisper, Bruce got out of his chair and turned to face her.

"So what?! Now you're angry at me because I dont want to waste another 15 years of my life just so I can master the Force, so forgive me if im not wasting my time. "

She turned around and pointed her index finger at him, jabbing it into his chest in anger.

"Ha! You dont even want to be here, this is just a field trip too you, you dont respect or care about the Order, you just want to rush through this and go back to your floating castle in the sky! "

Bruce snapped instantly, he couldn't believe how petty she was being but he wasn't going to stay quiet or calm anymore.

"You think I liked being locked up in my own house like a prisoner! You dont know who I am, why im here or why things are like this! So dont get angry at me just because you're jealous that im better than you! "

She stepped back from him.

".......... I dont know what brought this one.... but you better get over it... or we cant be friends anymore. "

He started walking to the door to get some air when the whole temple started shaking, the chairs in the Council chamber fell over as it continued to grow, Ahsoka and Bruce gave each other puzzled looks and ran out of the room to find out what was going on.

Bane was brought into a nearly pitch black room, he was still chained around his hands, feet and neck butdidn't mind it, he was patient as he knew his target was going to come to him soon enough.

He was right as master Yoda entered the room alone, sat opposite of Bane and took a deep breath before finally speaking up.

"Much you must pay for, but an agreement we may make, tell me who your master is. "

Bane didn't respond, keeping his eyes closed.

"Many lives you have taken, for what purpose? Money? Power? Meaningless, many men I have seen such as yourself, none ended well, offer you a chance for redemption and forgiveness I do. "

Bane let out a small chuckle, Yoda scowled at the mercenary trying to make sense of what he found amusing.

"You Jedi, always so predictable, you speak of forgiveness and redemption yet still use you're power's to mind control me. You think that you will win this war? You and you're order really are just blind fools, to blinded by your own self righteousness to realized you've already lost. "

A pair of clones sat in the communication tower on top of the new temple on Alderan, they were performing a routine maintenance check when a group of mercenaries burst into the room, shooting down the helpless clones.

They then placed several devices on the communication device and began hacking through its securitysystems until they had full control, they then patched into the ear pieces of every clone within a hundred mile radius, the devices finished they're countdown sending a specific sound that only clone soldiers could hear.

At that moment every clone soldier fell on the floor, in pain as they clenched they're heads in pain trying to make the horrible noise stop.

They noise did indeed stop when a mercenary spoke up in they're ear pieces simply saying.

"Execute.... Order 37! Target.... master Yoda! "

The clone soldiers rose to they're feet as if nothing happened, then they began talking to each other trying to find master Yoda as they ran around looking for the Jedi.

"You're order will fall, you're temples will burn, you're weapons will betray you and your warriors will be butchered as they see the Jedi order die, once and for all. "

Banes shackles loosened as he slowly rose to his feet and took them off, he spun his head around to relieve himself of any discomfort then turned his attention to a shocked Yoda.

The clone guards in the room opened the door, they're weapons drawn at master Yoda who was slowly clutching for his light saber.

"Thank you for your assistance..... now you may die. "

Bane raised his fist in attempt to run Yoda's skull into the ground, yet the mercenary was to slow as the aging Jedi master ran up behind him, jumped into the air light saber drawn and escaped as he cut down 3 clone soldiers with a single strike and ran from Bane.

The mercenary chuckle as he enjoyed a good chase, but before he could go after his target he took a clonesearpiece and spoke to his men.

"Blow up the tower, leave no evidence of our presence. "

He placed the ear piece in his belt and began his chase after the aging Jedi master.

To be continued.........

I intended this to be the whole story but it turned out much longer than I thought it would be, but you can expect some Bruce vs Bane action in the next set of issues!

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungJustice

That was amazing. You made a joke into a masterpiece.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#2  Edited By TheCannon

Very cool.

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers