Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 4

Deinville, France 1995

Ducard had ordered Bruce and Morgan to give him a distraction to allow him to get inside the building so the crept down along a line of trees with several explosives. When they drew near the two crawled along the ground planting the bombs on the cars in the drive way.

Henri waited near the back of the house. Hassan discussed some business with Ras Al Ghul in the house while this was going on. Ras excused himself as a voice came over a hidden ear piece. As he walked from the room one of his men spoke through the comm, "We have two intruders."

"Observe them, Hassan is not a popular man. No sense in us getting involved if they've come for him."

The man on the other end lowered the rifle aimed at Hassan's head and turned the scope to watch as Bruce and Morgan finished there work. As they went back to the trees Morgan activated the detonator. Bruce barely made it away in time before he saw Morgan chuckle, "Need to be quicker on your feet rich boy."

As guards ran out Bruce and Morgan slunk past them unnoticed. As they entered the house Morgan was spotted but Bruce caught the man and choked him out before he could raise any alarms. Morgan gave a gruff sigh and the two split up to clear the house.

Henri had slipped in as the rear guards ran to see what the commotion was up front. One remained and almost caught him but Henri grabbed him from behind and slit his throat.

Ras' assassins watched this all in silence as Bruce went through silently knocking guards out as Morgan and Henri were killing the ones they came across. Ras sat calmly on the couch as Hassan became nervous and frustrated by the men disappearing around the house. Over the comm his man informed, "They seem skilled, one of them even has potential as a member of the league in my opinion."

As the last of Hassan's men were dispatched Ras got up, "Seems you have other matters to attend to."

He then walked to exit as Henri came in the back way with a gun trained on Hassan. Morgan came through the door as Ras moved to leave, he gave the boy a polite nod, "Your task seems nearly complete."

Morgan looked on confused as Ras and his two men walked past him. Bruce came in from the side just in time to see Henri put a bullet in Hassan's head as he knelt on the floor begging to be spared. Bruce was shocked by this, Henri had for the last six months repeatedly told Bruce he intended to bring this man to justice. This felt like a betrayal. He noted Morgan standing with blood on his hands and he realized the only person interested in justice here was him.

Henri walked past Bruce and patted him on the shoulder, "Thanks, kid couldn't have done it without you."

Outside a helicopter picked up Ras and his men, he turned to his sniper,"I need a word with the one you claimed had potential, he managed to evade my notice. Its been a very long time since that's happened."

Back at Ducard's house.

Bruce had his bags half packed when Henri walked in, "Morgan tells me you're thinking about leaving."

Bruce glared at him, "You said this was for justice."

"Hassan got what he deserved."

Bruce gritted his teeth, "I didn't sign on to be judge, jury and executioner."

Henri started to speak but dropped it knowing it would get him nowhere.

As he left he stopped by Morgan, "I need you to make sure he keeps this to himself."

The next day Bruce was walking toward the train station when he felt a gun in his back. Bruce didn't look bad, "So your father wants me dead?"

"No especially, he just wanted me to talk you out of going to the authorities. I just prefer a guarantee."

Bruce gritted his teeth, "I had no intention of sending Henri to prison, I owe him that much."

Morgan shrugged, "Best to be on the safe side."

Bruce quickly turned and punched Morgan in the throat before throwing him to the ground and taking his gun. He then pulled out the clip and took the bullet out of the chamber and tossed the gun back to Morgan, "We're done here."

Bruce was within sight of the train station when a dart hit him in the neck, the last thing he saw was a black bag going over his head.

He woke up groggily on a mat on a floor across from a man leaning against a wall. He pulled himself up, "Where am I?"

The old man looked over, "This is a prison, controlled by the League of Assassins. I believe they intend to recruit you."

Bruce was still dizzy from the tranquilizer but managed to get to his feet, "And you are?"

"Kirigi, Ra's al Ghul wanted me to train his men. He doesn't take no very well."

Bruce rubbed his neck where the dart struck, "Should have seen them coming."

"Few would. There are none better at the art of slinking in the shadows."

Bruce looked on the guards, "That could be a useful skill."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Neato cliffhanger.

I just realized that I like the name "Bruce".

Also, I was wondering why he was so okay with killing. I figured, that he probably wasn`t sure about his stance on that subject, yet. But maybe he didn`t know what the duo did with the guards.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: Bruce didn't kill anyone, he was just knocking guards out and I tried to imply he assumed that's what they were doing. Again I suck at subtlety

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@joshmightbe:

I know what he was doing.

I suck at reading prose. Maybe you should have the narrator tell what the characters are thinking, when need be. Or is that too easy, in your opinion?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll try to make things like that more clear in the future.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Ras seemed spot on, especially...

"Observe them, Hassan is not a popular man. No sense in us getting involved if they've come for him."

Added to my FF Long Box. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: Ras al Ghaul AKA Liam Neeson. I love it. Can't wait until I find part 6

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I haven't done part 6 yet but I'll let you know when its up.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped, part 6 will be up within 24 hours.