Avatar image for bearded_justice
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bearded Justice
This shall be rated T+, as there will be lots of crude, manly jokes... and probably some fart jokes too.  DISCLAIMER: No matter how much I wish I owned these characters, the fact remains that I clearly do not!  DC Comics owns them.

“So, they're on an island of some sort?” the guy asked.

“Well, yeah.” the other guy plainly answered.

“Well, where?”

“You don't know.”

“It kinda looks like Hawaii. Are they supposed to just be on one a'them Hawaii islands?”

“N--”

“Cause I mean like, there's lots of random Hawaii islands that aren't charted yet, you know? Even in the 25 century, I still don't think we've found 'em all.”

“Just watch the show, man.”

“I don't know, Ted... it's kinda hard to follow. You might say--”

“Don't say it, Booster! For the love of God, please don't--”

“--I'm LOST!”

“Ughhhhhhhhhh. Never gets old.”

Ted Kord and Booster Gold lounge in their apartment. The Hub City bachelor pad has a great view of Lake Hub, though slightly obstructed by other buildings. Yet, this view is currently lacking viewers, as they are far too absorbed in television programs and hilarious banter. Don't underestimate this duo, however! Oh woe to whomever so crosses Ted Kord and Booster Gold, for they are none other than The Blue Beetle and Booster Gold! Really!

“Look, that's Jack. He's the main character, um, sort of. He kinda acts like me.” Ted states.

“Wait a minute. That guy there? That's Sawyer, right? So, if you're Jack, then I'm Sawyer.” Booster says, becoming excited.

“No, you're more like...” Ted trails off, thinking.

“Who? Locke? That'd be cool.” Booster questions, still a bit excited.

“No. I don't know. Batman is kinda like Sawyer. I guess Wonder Woman is Kate. Ummm you can be Hurley.” confirms Ted.

“What?! I'm the fat guy?!” an outraged Booster yells. “You get Kate and I... I get that girl who dies? What was her name? Look, I can't even remember her name, man! I mean, she was okay and all, but she's dead, while you and Kate are doing who knows what off-screen.”

“Well see, it might appear that I get Wonder Woman, but she actually has feelings for Sawyer, er Batman. So, even though she's harboring some feelings for me, she's really in love with Batman. It's a love triangle.” explains Ted.

“So, wait. You love Wonder Woman, who kinda likes you, but loves Batman, who loves her back?” a confused Booster asks.

“Yeah. Sort of. I was just using us as a metaphor, though.” Ted continues to explain.

“And in the metaphor world... I'm the fat guy?!” Booster complains.

“Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm the smart guy, and you're the comedic relief.” Ted confidently replies.

“Ted, do you ever think that... we're the comedic relief of the Justice Lea--” Booster begins, but is cutoff by the ring of a cell phone. He feels in the pockets of the jeans he's sporting, but his hands fail to find anything. “That's me. Where's my phone?” he asks aloud.

“Check the costume.” Ted says, still watching TV.

“Ahh! Right.” Booster says, as he leaps from his chair and rummages through the mess of the swinging pad. The cell phone continues to ring, and Booster becomes frustrated.

Ted starts to sing to the cell phone's ring, “A few times he's tried to clean this mess, but he has failed, so now I must confess. That ain't no tidy guy, girls. No, he ain't no tidy guy, girls.”

“Shut-up and help me look.” Booster shouts back, while searching vigorously.

“Alrighty, but only if you change that awful ringtone.” Ted gives Booster his demands.

“Fine!” Booster accepts them.

“It's under your bed.” Ted quips, without batting an eyelash, and without missing a minute of his show.

Booster races to his room, which is even messier than the living room, and thrusts his hand under his bed. Suffice to say “that under the bed” is the most fowl place of all for messes to be made. When he pulls something back from under the bed, he's not sure what it is, and if it were ever living. Not to worry, though, as it is merely his costume covered in dust and pizza sauce.

“Whoa! Ted needs to vacuum more often.” Booster declares as he runs his hands through the clothes, searching for the ringing phone. He finds it and answers, “Ya got Booster.”

Ted looks back from his television, towards Booster's room, and raises an eyebrow. “'Ya got Booster?'” he almost mocks, and then turns his attention back to the television.

Booster shuts the door to his room and inaudible dialogue occurs for several minutes. Finally, the door opens and Booster emerges with a grin on his face. He's wearing his dirty costume. “Ted, old buddy, it's time to suit up, 'cause Booster, your old buddy, has got us a job!” he bellows happily.

Ted looks at, and smells, Booster before replying, “Well, can it wait 'till after?”

Booster thinks before replying, “Yeah, I guess, but it's already like 9:55. What are--” Booster is interrupted by the ring of another cell phone.

“Usually, Barbara and I talk about the episode after it's done.” Ted says, reaching for his cell phone, which is carefully placed on a coffee table at his feet.

Booster tries to sing to Ted's ringtone, “Oh Teddy, well you came and you gave withou—OW!” Booster is interrupted by Ted poking him in the eyes à la The Three Stooges.

“Hey, Babs! What'd you think?” Ted answers his phone in that high-pitched voice that you use to talk to your cat. He stands up and makes for his room, shutting the door upon arrival. For several minutes inaudible, and probably some mushy, dialogue occurs.

Booster rubs his eyes and moans, “Damn beetle. Well, I can't help it if I'm not a 'fanilow.'” He lowers his goggles to avoid further eye harassment.

Eventually, Ted returns from his fortress of nerdiness, fully dressed for an evening as The Blue Beetle.  “What ho, Booster Gold? Tis I, The Blue Beetle!” Ted proclaims merrily and does a little jig.

“Wow. You should be shot in the head. You are so weird!” Booster kids, laughing.

“Me?! Look at you! Are you wearing a pizza or are you wearing a superhero suit?” scolds Ted.

“Hey, I when I got back last night I didn't have time to wash it, so there. And speaking of pizza, guess what our job is?”

“Not another commercial!”

The clueless duo exit the apartment and head for a parking garage. Some people stare at them and make rude comments, under their breath. Some people barely even notice. Arriving at the garage, Booster wonders whose car they are taking. “So... who's car we taking?” he blurts out.

“Mine?” Ted replies, already knowing whose car Booster wants to take.

“You got it! Yeah, mine's not doing so great anyway.” Booster explains. “If someone knew a thing or two about vehicles, we wouldn't be in this sticky situation.”

“Cars just aren't my thing. I'm more of a computer guy. If you want your car fixed ask... I don't know. Ask Steel or somebody. Somebody mechanical.” Ted tries to think of a superhero good with cars, but comes up dry, as they approach his vehicle.

“I still can't believe you drive this thing. I mean, a blue, Volkswagen Beetle?! With the beetle design on it?! Subtle much?” mocks Booster, entering the car.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now where are we going?” questions Ted, also entering the car, and starting it.

“Ralph's All-Night Pizza Place.” Booster answers, with a grin on his face.

“All-night? Like 24 hours a day?”

“I know, right?! Isn't that awesome?”

“Yeah, 'cause I'm always up at five in the morning with a hankering for something Italian and greasy.”

“Well hey, if it's that much of a problem then you should go out with Huntress. Ooooohhhhhh I went there.”

Ted laughs at Huntress' expense and drives off into the night. Luckily for him, and his gas tank, the pizza shop is relatively nearby, so after a few more minutes of crude jokes, they arrive at the scene of Ralph's All-Night Pizza Place. Ted parks, and exits, his car. He looks up at the neon sign of the place, which displays it's name so proudly. He sighs and shakes his head. “Here we go again.” he says quietly.

stay tuned to this thread for the continuing antics of Blue and Gold

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bearded Justice

One terrible commercial for Ralph's All-Night Pizza Place later...

“Booster, the point is we can't keep making crappy commercials to pay the bills.” Ted Kord says angrily, as he leaves the pizzeria, with Booster tailing him.

“It wasn't that bad, and the pay was above average. Now we've got a whole 'nother month's rent.” Booster fires back, defending his bright idea.

Ted calms down, realizing that Booster is right. “The pay wasn't bad; I'll admit that, but we need some kind of job with a steady, reliable income.” he begins, climbing into his Volkswagen Beetle. Booster settles into the passenger seat, and the small car takes off into the night.

“What about a movie?” suggests Booster.

“A movie? Like about us?” asks Ted.

“Why not? Look at Green Lantern.” Booster starts a thought

“Yeah, look at Green Lantern!” Ted finishes the thought.

“Okay, it wasn't the greatest thing in the world.”

“Completely miscast.”

“I didn't think Reynolds was that bad. Who would you have cast? And so help me God if you even say Nathan Fillion!”

Ted gives Booster a gesture that says, “Well, what do you want from me?” Booster groans loudly and begins again, “Terrible casting choices aside, we could easily score a movie. A good movie! Right up there with The Dark Knight.”

“I heard Batman is still mad about that, by the way.” Ted adds.

“Ha, wait 'till he gets a load of what Catwoman is gonna look like.” Booster laughs. “You know I know a few producers. We could totally have a sit down and discuss the film opportunities here. I can see it all now, Ted. The Adventures--”

“The Misadventures.” Ted butts in.

“It's a comedy?”

“What else?”

“Okay, The Misadventures of Booster Gold and The Blue Beetle!” Booster proudly proclaims, waving his hands around the car. “Starring... ummm... Tom Cruise is Ted Kord... annnnndddd... Bradley Cooper is Booster Gold!”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Tom Cruise? And need I even say, Bradley Cooper?!” Ted chuckles.

“Sure! I won't hear a word against the Tom Cruise. I mean, that's a perfect match there. I'm kinda iffy on Bradley Cooper, though.”

“Yeah, you better be iffy.”

“Well, who would you cast as Booster Gold?”

Ted thinks a bit before answering confidently, “That guy who plays Jim on the Office. John Kraz-whatever-his-name-is.”

“Dude! And you're Andy!”

“Which one's Andy?”

“The guy who always wears those sweatshirts without sleeves.”

Ted thinks again before answering, “Yeah, alright. I could see that.”

“Is this happening?” Booster asks excitedly.

“What do you mean?” Ted asks a question of his own.

“Like, do you want me to call the producers? That's a good idea, Ted. We get those guys; I mean, they already know one another, they already do comedies. It's perfect.”

“What if they hate each other?”

“Even better!”

“Hey, you do whatever you want. I'm just cashing the check.”

“Yes! I'm calling.” Booster says, as he retrieves his cell phone from a nook in his suit, and dials a number. “Hello, Steven? Hey, it's Booster.” Ted shoots Booster some quick glances as he talks on the phone. “Yeah, Booster Gold. The one and only, man! Hey, I was just talking to my friend, The Blue Beetle, and do you know what he said? He says, 'When the hell is Hollywood gonna get their act,'--and I'm cleaning it up a bit here, Steve. Beetle's a foul-mouthed guy! He says, 'When the hell is Hollywood gonna get their act together and make a half decent superhero movie?' So I says, how about a movie about Booster Gold and Blue Beetle? What do you think? A-huh... a-huh... wh—yeah. Well, how about tomorrow? Noonish? Dealio.” Booster finishes his conversation and hangs up the phone. “Yes! It is on, man! It is totally on!”

“What? He liked the idea of a movie?!” Ted interrogates.

“He sure did! Got us a meeting tomorrow at noon. I told you this was a good idea. We... we need to celebrate.” Booster almost shouts, and then notices the car passes a Hooters. “Hooters! Let's go there!”

Ted groans, “Booster, you know how places like that make me feel.”

Booster gives Ted a gesture that says, “Well, what do you want from me, man?” Then he says, while laughing, “Aroused?”

ERRRGHH ERRRGHH ERRRGGHHH! Ted Kord's alarm clock goes off and he sits up in bed. “Booster! Get up!” he shouts, still half asleep. “Booster, we've got that meeting thingy.” he goes on, while putting on his Blue Beetle costume. “You better be ready. We have to go in like--” Ted's words are cut when he opens his bedroom door and sees Booster Gold standing in their living room, ready to go. Only, he's wearing civilian clothes.

“Hey, buddy. What's with the suit?” Booster asks with a cheery mood.

“I um, thought we had that meeting.” Ted answers.

“Yeah, but who said anything about costumes?” a surprised Booster asks another question.

“I ummm... yeah. I'll go change.” a weary Ted says, retreating back into his room. “Since when do you get up before me?” he continues, from within the room.

“Important day. Good to be ready.” replies Booster.

“Yeah, so where is this thing?”

“It's that big building with the glass kinda roof.”

“I see.”

Eventually, Ted dresses and the pair once again head off in The Blue Beetle's Volkswagen Beetle. It's a hop, skip, and a rude comment to their destination, and once there, Ted begins to interrogate Booster about this Hollywood producer.

“Who is this guy, by the way?” he asks, while they ride in an elevator to the man's office.

“An old friend.” replies Booster

“Old as in you've known him a long time, or old as in he's an old guy?” Ted keeps up the questions.

“Um the second one. Old guy.”

“What would an elderly gentleman see in a superhero movie about The Blue Beetle and Booster Gold?”

“He's not thinking about himself. He's thinking about the young public.”

“Still.”

“Yeah, I don't know either.”

The elevator stops and the duo exit it. They see a young, female secretary, whom Booster immediately begins to talk to.

“Hi, my name is Booster Gold and this is The Blue Beetle. We have an appointment with Mister... ummm... Steve.” Booster begins suavely, but then ruins it at the end.

“Yes, Mr. Vandergroft will see you know.” she confirms and motions to a set of doors.

“Ah, thanks.” Booster prattles, as he goes on to the doors. Before opening them, he whispers to Ted, “Don't blow this.”

“What?!” Ted whispers back.

Booster flings the doors open and seated at a desk, is Mr. Vandergroft. He is quite old, possibly in his 80's, but who really knows.

“Steve! How wonderful to see you!” Booster bellows.

“Ah, Booster Gold. The one and only.” Steve tries to bellow back, but he can't because he's an old guy. “And this must be your friend, The Blue Beetle.”

“Bah, call him Ted.” corrects Booster.

“Ted it is then.” Steve says, proceeding to shake Ted's hand. “But, aren't you afraid of revealing your secret identity?”

“Um--” Ted begins.

“Nah. Supervillains rarely pay attention to us anymore.” Booster corrects again.

“He's sorta right, but it's a pleasure to meet you, sir.” greets Ted.

“Now, I heard you fellas are interested in making a superhero movie.” Steve starts.

“We sure are! Anything to pay the bi—I mean ahhh... anything to give us... thrills.” Booster stumbles with his speech.

“Well, to be honest fellas. I know someone who would be far better suited to this kind of thing.” Steve admits.

“Who would that be?” Ted innocently asks.

“My youngest daughter. Wait I'll call her in. Jessica, daddy needs you!” he tries to shout.

Within moments a teenage girl enters through a side door, looking quite pleased. She's wearing a Superman t-shirt, with Wonder Woman shoes. Her purse—because all girls carry a purse—is a neat Batman purse, and she's even wearing a Green Lantern power ring. Not a real power ring, but a fake metal one that you get at Walmart or something.

“Hi, daddy! Hey, you guys look familiar. Haven't I seen you somewhere before?” she directs her attention to Booster and Ted, who are both flustered.

“Well, I ummm... you see.” they both mumble.

“They're superheroes, darling.” Mr. Vandergroft explains.

“Well, I know just about everything there is to know about them. Where are you guys from? Justice Society? Justice League? ...The Outsiders?” she demands to know, moving closer to them, in a rather intimidating way.

“Justice League.” they both answer.

“I don't know. Are you sure you're not from one a'those crappy Justice Leagues?” she continues to interrogate.

“Justice League International.” they mumble some more.

“I knew it. And daddy, why are these two idiots here?” she turns her attention back to her father.

“Idiots?” and outraged Booster cries.

“If you are from the JLI, and if you are both men, and if you are clearly not Batman or Martian Manhunter, then you are an idiot. You're probably the two biggest idiots in all superherodom! Blue Beetle and Booster Gold!” Jessica declares.

“Wow... she got our number on that one.” confirms Booster.

“They want to make a movie.” Jessica's father explains.

“A movie? Ha. A show maybe.” she thinks.

“A show would be okay.” Ted agrees.

“A show? A TV show. Interesting idea.” Vandergroft scratches his chin, in thought.

“Eh, it didn't work for Wonder Woman, but that thing was flawed from the ground up. However, with a superhero comedy... it just might work!” Jessica continues to declare, with extreme confidence.

hahaha what will those crazy guys get into next?  tune in next time to find out!

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

Bump.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CapFanboy
@Bearded Justice: This was pretty good, granted I don't know much about booster but it was good!
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bearded Justice
@CapFanboy said:
@Bearded Justice: This was pretty good, granted I don't know much about booster but it was good!

@ReVamp said:
Bump.

thanks guys! 

THREE WEEKS LATER!

“Unknowns!?” Ted Kord cries out.

“So?” Booster Gold answers him.

“Unknowns? Come on. Unknowns?” Ted goes on.

“I think it's okay.”

“I mean, I didn't expect big name actors, what with a TV show and all. I expected the B-listers. Like us.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, we're B-list superheroes, so we should have B-list actors play us.”

“I'm not against the notion at all. I'd rather have people who look and act like us than people who are names.”

“I guess. I was getting used to the idea of a celebrity playing The Blue Beetle.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey, look at it this way, the next Clint Eastwood could be discovered at the audition.”

“True. I think the promo is gonna be on soon. Turn the TV on!”

Booster Gold and Ted Kord sit and banter in their apartment. Lately they've been discussing the biggest piece of news in their lives: The Misadventures of Blue and Gold! It's their TV show. At least, it will be, God willing. Over the past three weeks, Steve Vandergroft, the guy crazy enough to produce this show, has had writers writing a brilliant TV show based on the exploits of our two heroes. They've described it as a cross between Seinfeld and The Greatest American Hero, so you know it's good. This gives Ted and Booster some mild confidence. However, a little girl, namely Mr. Vandergroft's youngest daughter, (man, wasn't this guy like 80 years old?) has been given the harrowing task of overlooking this project. She doesn't give Ted and Booster any confidence.

Now our heroes settle down to watch the first promo for their show on television...

“Coming this fall, a comedy based on the wacky adventures of two of the most far out superheroes ever to be in the Justice League of America. It's The Misadventures of Blue and Gold! Blue Beetle and Booster Gold that is!” the promo exaggerates greatly. All in all it's quite lame. The only graphics they give us are silhouettes of what Beetle and Booster might look like on the show.

“Hmmmmm... that was kinda dumb.” Booster plainly admits.

“Agreed.” Ted agrees.

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

“WHAT?! The Misadventures of Blue and Gold?! What the hell is that?!” spouts a mysterious voice... a man's voice. “This won't do. No, this won't do at all! I must investigate further.”

Whoa someone's mad, but who? Anyway, a little bit later at the show's auditions...

Booster and Ted are just arriving at the audition, and waiting to greet them is Jessica Vandergroft. She's tapping her foot with her arms crossed. Her brow is furrowed.

“Make a note: Booster and Blue Beetle should be late everywhere they go.” she begins, sarcastically.

“Shut-up.” Booster says.

“This way gentlemen.” she continues in her sarcastic way, leading them to the audition room.

Mr. Vandergroft is sitting quietly with another guy in a suit. The other guy is much younger and severe looking. He is almost certainly an executive of some kind.

“Ah if it isn't The Blue Beetle and Booster Gold!” Vandergroft greets his friends.

“It totally is, man!” Booster greeted him back.

“Of course. This is Mr. Strongstein. He's a network executive, you know.” Vandergroft informs and introduces.

“Powerful name you've got there.” Ted says innocently.

“Call me Gerry, Booster.” Strongstein replies, with a case of mistaken identity.

“Um actually he's Booster.” Ted corrects, pointing to Booster.

“Oh, sorry Blue. Can't tell with the civilian clothes.”

“It happens, though I have been around longer than Booster. Name's Ted, by the way.”

“And I'm the real Booster Gold.” a proud Booster declares.

“Alright gentlemen and my daughter, let's get the auditions under way.” Vandergroft suggests.

Everyone takes a seat and Strongstein calls in the first man auditioning. Comes in all confident and cheery. He's a blond, like Booster. He's also a bit of an idiot, like Booster!

“Your name?” Strongstein asks coldly.

“James Mellow.” he replies.

“James Mellow?” Ted whispers to Booster, chuckling.

“I'm auditioning for The Blue Beetle.” James says, and Booster almost bursts out laughing.

“I don't know, James. You—you don't really look the part.” Ted tells him.

“What's wrong? My hair? Too tall?” James asks.

“You just seem look more of a Booster. Why don't you read for that part, huh?” Ted insists.

“Okay. Um guess I'll start then.” he says, a little less confidently, and reads from a rough script. “Beetle, like if Black Sparrow doesn't call me back, I'll be so bummed.”

“Give it time, Booster. Not all women love your strong approach.” Jessica reads monotonously.

“Who's Black Sparrow?” Ted whispers to Booster.

“I think it's supposed to be Black Canary.” Booster whispers back.

“You never dated Black Canary.” Ted whispers some more.

“Yeah, well... this is TV Booster.” he replies, still whispering.

“What do you know about women? The last time you talked to a women, she beat you up and took your milk money!” James reads on, doing well.

“Hey, that was in the fifth grade.” Jessica reads, fairing poorly.

While James and Jessica continue read, the others talk amongst themselves, quietly. “He's not bad, as Booster.” Strongstein says.

“I agree.” Vandergroft chimes in.

“Yeah, he's definitely not bad. I'd give him a second audition.” Ted voices his opinion.

“Ummm... I don't know. I mean, he's kinda me.” Booster also voices his opinion.

“A second audition then?” Strongstein asks the group. The others sort of nod and Booster shrugs his shoulders. “Thank you, we'll be in touch.” Strongstein interrupts the reading.

James Mellow makes his exits and another man makes his grand entrance. He parades into the room, wearing a cape. It billows around his thin, familiar form. He's an older man, but not as old as Steven Vandergroft. He fondles his large mustache as speaks loudly, “Good afternoon gentlemen!”

“Name please?” Strongstein asks, ignoring his eccentric performance.

“William Zard.” the stranger man replies.

“Zard.” Ted thinks to himself. “That name... and that face... he seems so familiar.”

“Hey, this guy's a freak.” Booster nudges Ted with his elbow and attempts to stifle his laugh.

“And who are you auditioning for, Mr. Zard?” Vandergroft asks.

“Why, the villain of course!” Zard answers deviously.

“We don't have a villain yet.” Jessica informs the man.

“My dear girl, you shall soon enough!” Zard informs the girl.

“You ahhhh... you talk loudly.” Booster says bluntly.

“And you, you bumbling imbecile, you are know nothing of my ultimate power! By the day's end you shall be bowing down before me!” continues Zard, quite eccentrically. “For I am none other than... THE WIZARD!”

“The Wizard?!” Ted and Booster look at each other and shout in disbelief.

Next time on The Misadventures of—dahh I mean ahhh Blue and Gold: Best Friend Superheroes... The Wizard runs afoul of our two daring heroes. Don't miss it!

Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bearded Justice

“The Wizard?!” Jessica Vandergroft asks The Wizard.

“Yes!” he replies.

“You mean like the Wizard who has battled the Justice League and the Justice Society?” she continues.

“Yes!” he replies again.

“Wait are you that Wizard guy with magic powers and a silly mustache?” Booster questions.

“The same!” the Wizard bellows.

“Um.. well you've done your homework buddy, but I think the Wizard is too powerful for this show.” Ted confesses.

“What? What do you mean? I'm the Wizard!” the Wiz spouts.

“You do make a pretty convincing Wizard.” Jessica says.

“He looks just like him.” Booster confirms.

“Yeah, I don't know who the Wizard is.” Mr. Strongstein blurts out, clearly not impressed with the Wizard's audition. “So Mr. Zard, if we do decide to put the Wizard in our show, we'll give you a call.”

“But I--” the Wiz begins.

“Thank you.” Strongstein interrupts.

The Wizard grumbles and cries, “You haven't heard the last of the Wizard, fools!” He exits with gusto, with his cape billowing out of control.

“You don't think that was the real Wizard?” Booster whispers to Ted.

“Nah. Booster, I think the Wizard has better things to be doing than crashing our audition. And, he didn't really do anything. He didn't use his magic powers.” Ted whispers back.

“Yeah, I guess you're right.” Booster says as his worries vanish from his mind. But, this is where Ted Kord was DEAD wrong. For after leaving the audition, William Zard stood outside the building and attempted to use his magic powers.

“Eeeerrraaaggghhh!!” he yells, waving his arms at the building. “Work, dammit!” he shouts some more, while bystanders give him queer looks. He kicks the side of the building and continues, “Alakazam! Abracadabra! ...SHAZAM!” However, his display of no power is useless, as he has lost his powers. “I need to regain what was lost, but how? I don't even know how I lost them to begin with. This is going to take awhile.”

Several hours later, and back at the Blue and Gold apartment...

“I think we should give that Wizard guy another audition.” Booster thinks aloud, while eating his dinner.

“Why?” Ted puts forth the inevitable response.

“I thought he was pretty good. He had the look, the attitude... everything.”

“He didn't leave a name.”

“He said his name was William something. Pard or Blard. Something with an ard at the end.”

“Zard. William Zard was the name of the real Wizard.”

“Well, maybe that's his name.”

“Why would an aspiring actor change his name just to play a character? He said his name was William Zard just so we'd be more taken in by his performance.”

“Hey, maybe he's one a them method actors. They do some crazy crap, man. I heard Daniel Day-Lewis became fully crippled for that one movie, and then they uncrippled him.”

Ted gives Booster a look of horror. “What?” he asks.

“I don't know. Heard it somewhere.” Booster replies, not entirely convinced of himself.

“No. Just... no. Anyway, something is bothering me about that whole audition. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that was the real Wizard.”

“But why would the Wizard audition for a role on our show?”

“I have no idea, but I intend to find out. Quickly Booster, throw the the phone book!” Ted demands. Booster reaches to a shelf and tosses Ted a phone book. “Thanks. Now let's look up William Zard.” Ted searches through the book, vigorously. Eventually he locates the name he's looking for.

“You find it?” Booster asks with his mouth full of food.

“Yep. Right there. William Zard. I think we should pay this guy a visit and see what he's up to. Whadda ya think, Booster?”

“Um sure. Hey, can we get a pizza while we're out? The food we have here sucks.”

Ted groans and concedes, “Whatever.”

The duo drive Ted Kord's car to William Zard's address, which also happens to be an apartment. These settings are fun.  Our heroes park the car and approach the apartment building, wearing their superhero costumes. People are staring. One shouts, “Hey, it's Booster Gold and that other guy!  Hey, is this gonna be on your show?”

“No!” Booster yells back. “Heh... the public.” he turns to Ted and laughs.

“Okay, it's supposed to be apartment D-23.” Ted ignores Booster's conversation with the pedestrian, and talks to himself. He presses the buzzer to be let in, and a voice is heard over the intercom.

“Who is it?” the voice questions.

“Um Mr. Zard? We have a couple questions regarding your audition today.” Ted answers.

“Hey, who you talking to?” Booster wonders, also approaching the intercom.

“Shhhh! It's Mr. Zard.” Ted shushes Booster.

“Audition? Yeah, sure come on up.” the voice speaks, sounding confused.

The door unlocks and Booster and Ted enter the building. They quietly make their way to apartment D-23.

“Okay, how do you want to do this?” Booster asks Ted.

“What?” Ted asks Booster.

“I kinda want to bust down the door.” admits Booster.

“Why? No, I don't think there's a need for that.” Ted argues.

“Eehhhhhhhh TOO LATE!” Booster shouts and he gives the door a kick. It breaks and falls down. “Hands up, crooky! It's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle to the rescue!” Booster shouts some more, as he rushes into the apartment.

“Just who are we rescuing?” Ted yanks Booster back some and demands to know.

“Just something to say.” Booster pulls himself away from Ted and replies. “I don't think there's anyone here anyway.”

The two look around at the filthy place. It's much worse than theirs. There is newspaper covering the windows and the floor. There's not a lot of light, but just enough to see. Suddenly, a crash is heard from another room.

“Damn!” a voice says.

“What was that?” Ted says quietly.

“Let's investigate.” Booster responds, moving in the direction of the sound. He walks slowly to a door, and pushes it open. A young woman stands in a room, dressing herself.

“Do you mind!?” she screams at Booster and Ted, embarrassed.

“Crap!” Booster says, quickly slamming the door.

“What? I couldn't see. Who was that?” Ted inquires of Booster.

“A girl.” answers Booster, with a grin. “She was kinda hot.”

“Well what was she doing?” Ted continues to inquire, waving his arms around in a hubbub.

“Getting dressed.” Booster snickers.

“Who the hell are you?!” the young woman demands to know from her room.

“Um miss? We are but two simple superher--” Ted starts.

“What is this? D&D?” Booster gives Ted a slap to the back of his head, as he scolds. “It's Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. We're superheroes. We're not creeps.”

“We buzzed the thing!” Ted shouts.

“Well, you didn't knock!” the girl shouts back

“I told you there was no need to break the door down!” Ted scolds Booster this time.

Before Booster can answer, some bright lights flare and the door to the girl's room flings open. She stands there in some kind of black costume, holding a wand. It's aimed at Booster and Beetle, and it sparks with green light. The girl cackles and starts to float in the air. She resembles a witch, and specifically that witch from The Wizard of Oz.

“Hahahaha! Prepare for your demise at the hands of the all powerful Wizzette!” she cries.

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KisserNe

I just read the first one and to say the least....

HILARIOUS!

This is awesome, I was laughing through the entire dialogue especially the bits about lost and the connections with the Justice League.

"I'm the fat guy?!" Bahahaha, I love this! I am going to continue reading this until I finish it! :D

It's also a wonderful piece of work!

KisserNe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KisserNe

Alright, I read 'em all Justice! I enjoyed them and I wish there was more. Your dialogue is very humorous between the two characters and its very well written!

Too bad there are no more of Booster and Blue, but personally, I think they are very underrated. Poor fellas... Lol