Bill the King #3 (30 Minute freewrite)

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

While I'm still pretty happy with this little experiment of mine I do think I may be writing too little in the time I have and am not progressing enough. Let me know what you think please.

--

“We know, but as a formality we must ask if you’re sure.” Her voice was faltering, he knew it wasn’t really her. He knew she was a cheap imitation. He knew the only thing real about her was the way she looked, but maybe that might be what was actually making him sad. In the back of his mind he just wondered if that made him shallow on some level, the only thing that was affecting him in this scene was that his ex was becoming unhealthier because of him and it was showing.

“Yes, i’m sure.” His voice was shaky but he knew what would happen, he would blink and he’d be out of the castle, turning down any other possibility for a different route, he knew he would die in sixteen years and he knew that he would relive the first sixteen of his life knowing what he knew now. He was going to make the best out of this, he just didn’t know if he wanted to be a prodigy or relive tenth grade and try and get all of the women he didn’t the first time.

He blinked. It was like a shot, a quick pain but unlike a shot it was all over his body. He shrugged to off with a weird apathetic tone that he had gotten since he knew literally everything, ever. The only thing stopping him from having a panic attack of levels most people couldn’t even dream about is that he was ignoring most of the information he knew. That was his plan for the next several years or him may as well just hope that the next person chosen for this had a better idea because he was just worried that he would lose the excitement in this quickly if he knew what would happen if he said this or that. It was almost like wanting some type of excitement, some type of room for error. He opened his eyes.

He was being born, it was surreal and almost unnerving because while he could think and knew what was happening he couldn’t move, and maybe the oddest part of it all is that he knew where it was and the one who knew that you must wear clothes and what was wrong and what was right was a little creeped out.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I'm not a writer nor am I good at writing so I can't give any constructive feedback but I really think the experiment you're doing is incredibly cool.

Have you ever thought of teaming up with an artist on here to potentially illustrate one of your works?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I've been tinkering with a (if I may so myself) very cool idea and as soon as I get it how I want it I'm considering doing just that.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@thetruebarryallen: I've been tinkering with a (if I may so myself) very cool idea and as soon as I get it how I want it I'm considering doing just that.

Awesome!

I hope it works out for the best :)

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i gotta do one of these free-writes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(It turns out when I was trying to edit a comment I deleted it)

@thetruebarryallen: Danke.

@amazingwebhead: If you do one, let me know.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@amazingwebhead: If you do one, let me know.

sure thing