Batman: Another Rooftop Meeting

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

The night sky was black. The moon hid behind a group of grey clouds. Such a backdrop could not be more fitting for such a place like Gotham.

Private Grigson stood idly on the rooftop. The rooftop. Keeping his hands in his pocket to try and keep them warm, he paced up and down, again in an attempt to keep warm. But it was futile.

Hearing footsteps from behind the door it swung open as Commissioner Gordon walked out. Just as he looked up at the Bat Signal a drop of rain landed on his lens. Gordon sighed and looked over at Grigson. He took his pipe from his trenchcoat a puff of grey smoke surrounded him as he walked over to the signal and twisted a dial on the signal.

"The light needs to be brighter in this weather" Gordon said as he puffed at his pipe.

Grigson looked over at the Commissioner. His trecnchcoat blew in the wind, his glasses filled up with light as he stood smoking his pipe.

"Yes sir" Grigson stuttered.

Just as Grigson was about to speak a voice came out of nowhere.

"Hello Jim"

Grigson turned to see the Dark Knight himself. Wraped in shadows his white eyes peieched the darkness he was surrounded by.

Gordon took another puff of his pipe.

"As you are aware a group of inmates from Arkhams isolation wards recently escaped. The case file we currently have tells us they are extremely dangerous and will hurt anyone who they come across" Gordon stated.

"The four inmates are in a constant state of psychosis and are regularly given drugs to keep them in a more calm state. They wouldn't have the mental capacity to even consider escaping. The drugs are adminisrated every five hours but for the last fifteen hours they were not given their doses. The records filled in but the drugs weren't touched. Someone let them out "

Gordon rubbed his eyes.

"But that is a secure wing, no one gets in or out without being recorded."

Batman stepped closer to Gordon.

"The last twenty hours the footage was pre recordered from two weeks ago. I have the file and the work rotor for the wing here".

Batman passed Gordon a brown paper file.

Jim adjusted his glasses. Grigson glanced over at Batman and remained quiet.

"Right I'll get my team to interview these people. I'll see if my guys at the scene can interview any staff there." He replied.

Just as Gordon looked up from the file he was gone.

"Does he always do that?" Grigson asked.

"Yeah, but you get used to it eventually."

"Really?"

"Eh no actually you don't" he replied.

.The signal was turned as the two policie men walked back out of the cold.

Thanks for reading :)